Should the Pack go for Branch?

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can anyone find out if the Packers are even considering or thinking about Branch when it's all said and done? It would be interesting to find out the thouhgt process here.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I heard three teams are interested. Eagles, Broncos and another team that I forgot their name. Probably the Vikings.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too doubt the Branch thing will go through...Porter would be the only big name that I could see the Packers going after if the opportunity presented itself

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
musccy said:
I too doubt the Branch thing will go through...Porter would be the only big name that I could see the Packers going after if the opportunity presented itself

I say package Davenport and Ferguson for Branch. What Ferguson lacks as a WR he makes up as Special Teams dude.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I heard three teams are interested. Eagles, Broncos and another team that I forgot their name. Probably the Vikings.

I think he'll end up staying with New England or ending up in Minnesota for a 2nd round pick.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
Why not with the Packers? Porky?

anyone?

Just a hunch. Minnesota needs a WR more than we do and might be desperate to give up a 2nd and a 4th for him. I don't see Thompson giving up a 2nd round pick for a WR that hasn't topped 1,000 yards in his career.

In the end, I think he plays this year with New England and if things don’t work out he leaves via free agency. He has one year left on his deal so a lot of it comes down to getting a contract worked out.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry Porky, but I don't understand the logic here.

You're saying TT won't go after Branch because he hasn't had a 1,000 yard season, yet other posters are saying he's the best WR FA on the market this year besides Owens.

And TT signs guys like Boreigter and Gardner, only to let them go?

You can't deny the Branch has talent.

What gives?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
I'm sorry Porky, but I don't understand the logic here.

You're saying TT won't go after Branch because he hasn't had a 1,000 yard season, yet other posters are saying he's the best WR FA on the market this year besides Owens.

What gives?
I definitely think he's better than Lelie, Porter, Moulds, and Johnson. Outside of TO he is the 2nd best WR to be on the market.

With that said, this WR free agent class was fairly weak so it doesn't take much to be that. Most teams value high draft picks over picks. I don’t see New England letting him go for anything less than a 2nd round pick. It would take a team desperate for a WR to give that up. Minnesota is one team that comes to mind. Green Bay has Driver and with the emergence of Jennings they’re going to give him the opportunities to succeed because he earned it and because he’s showed he can get the job down throughout training camp.

Boerighter wasn't meant to be the #2 WR. That was a myth posters created on the forum to get their hopes up about the guy. He was competing for the #4 job with Gardner. Gardner beat him out and Gardner is making this team in all likely hood.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
Popcynical said:
The New England Patriots have given Deion Branch permission to seek a trade and negotiate a contract with other clubs. This permission will extend until September 1, 2006, according to a statement released by the Patriots.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/p ... ss_pieces/

What do ya'll think?

heck yeah, but for whom would we trade?? KGB and Davenport?? Al harris??
For whom would we trade? Deion Branch.

Someone needs to go back to grammar school :lol:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Resume normal discussion about Deion Branch and the 52 ways that we won't get him.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:

What gives?

Let me guess: He's overpriced. :roll:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
dhpackr said:
Popcynical said:
The New England Patriots have given Deion Branch permission to seek a trade and negotiate a contract with other clubs. This permission will extend until September 1, 2006, according to a statement released by the Patriots.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/p ... ss_pieces/

What do ya'll think?

heck yeah, but for whom would we trade?? KGB and Davenport?? Al harris??
For whom would we trade? Deion Branch.

Someone needs to go back to grammar school :lol:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Resume normal discussion about Deion Branch and the 52 ways that we won't get him.

only if your reading level is like yours, around the 9th grade!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Patriots are going no lower than a 1st rd draft choice for Deion Branch.

That information pretty much destroys any chance he will be wearing Green and Gold. Even though I assumed it was unlikely he (Deion) even gets traded at all.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Anubis said:
Zero2Cool said:
Even though I assumed it was unlikely he (Deion) even gets traded at all.

IIRC, a lot of us said the same thing about Walker.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

iirc ... not sure what that meant or is.

A lot of us don't matter. When the Patriots say they want 1st rd pick, thats not us. That's someone of importance. Someone who makes the decisions. Hopefully its just a tactic.

Aim high and take what they can get type thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts