saying hi

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who pockets the profits of the organization?

come on bud. operated as a NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION means there are no profits. in a FOR-PROFIT organization, earnings are distributed to owners who may be shareholders (corporations), partners (partnerships), sole proprietors, etc.

Earnings in a non-profit organization are used to either a) reinvest in the organization for growth purposes or b) provide support for the cause in which the organization was created. In this case (see above) the Green Bay Packers Foundation.

The person that you want to believe is swimming in a big pool of cash that we all paid him/her doesn't exist.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Any profits are reinvested in the organization or given to charity."

okay thats cool. Wasn't aware of that. was under the impression that the board made the money

no reason to be a **** about it, like i said it was a legit question because I didn't know.

But even still so wouldn't this essentially mean that anybody that buys a ticket to the games is essentially a stock holder

Really - I'm going, but I really must ask this one last question:

Why does it bother you that we're able to own legitimate shares of our team? Why are you twisting yourself into a pretzel to argue that we don't, when in fact, we do?

What difference does it make to you that we have no Mara, or Kraft, or Jones operating our franchise?

Really puzzles me why people argue this. If you don't want any Packer stock, that's cool - but what's the point in evangelizing to owners that they aren't really owners at all?

Odd.

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
come on bud. operated as a NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION means there are no profits. in a FOR-PROFIT organization, earnings are distributed to owners who may be shareholders (corporations), partners (partnerships), sole proprietors, etc.

Earnings in a non-profit organization are used to either a) reinvest in the organization for growth purposes or b) provide support for the cause in which the organization was created. In this case (see above) the Green Bay Packers Foundation.

The person that you want to believe is swimming in a big pool of cash that we all paid him/her doesn't exist.

Why do you care? Are we complaining? Don't you think we knew that going in? It doesn't matter to us....

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Seems to me if it were not "legitimate" stock the sale would not have required SEC -- SECURITIES Exchange Commission -- approval, but I'm not sure.

OP
OP
meyerbudNYG

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the spirit of Monday Night Countdown... Come on man........ Being that this is a packer board, sort of like homefield advantage.. I get the choice:)

but u can get a tat of a ***

we call that best of both worlds here in the tri-state

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's a joke. I'm an owner. In fact, so are my mom, dad, and brother. I am a proud supporter of my team. MY team. We can say that because we foot the bill. It's ownership for sure. But a very different kind of ownership. I think that's the biggest misconception; that other fans think that WE think it's the same kind of ownership as Art Shell or Mara or whatever, when in fact we not only know its different, but we embrace that it's different. The Green Bay Packers are truly one of a kind. At a time when MN tax payers refuse to open their wallets to keep their team from packing up and leaving, Packer fans line up in the hundred thousands to gladly hand over hundreds to support their team and their stadium.

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's a joke. I'm an owner. In fact, so are my mom, dad, and brother. I am a proud supporter of my team. MY team. We can say that because we foot the bill. It's ownership for sure. But a very different kind of ownership. I think that's the biggest misconception; that other fans think that WE think it's the same kind of ownership as Art Shell or Mara or whatever, when in fact we not only know its different, but we embrace that it's different. The Green Bay Packers are truly one of a kind. At a time when MN tax payers refuse to open their wallets to keep their team from packing up and leaving, Packer fans line up in the hundred thousands to gladly hand over hundreds to support their team and their stadium.
+1

Reaction score
meyerbudNYG,
It will be a great game, but we must continue to agree to disagree. Eli just isn't cool under pressure and thats what he's going to have with Matthews and Woodson. I am guessing that the GMen will turn the ball over 3 times with all of them turning into points.
P.S. Thanks for posting here, you seem like a good ****.

Trapped in Vikingville

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You'll be "nice about the 'ownership' thing"? How kind of you.

To me, you're just one more guy who can't wrap his mind around the history and ownership structure of the Green Bay Packers.

If Drew is not an owner - if I'm not - show me the owner of the Green Bay Packers.

I'll wait.
Ok..Im not trying to ba a ****...I want you to explain it to me then...to me its kind of like buying stock in something...like if bought stock in snapple, and I put in 100$....Does that make me a co-owner of snapple...I mean if the stock goes up, I see money...but the word "owner" to me means you have input on day to day operations....and that does not seem to be the case.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dont get me wrong its kind of cool that you can say that but some of you take it way to serious imo...reality check ya know...but who am I too judge.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
meyerbudNYG,
It will be a great game, but we must continue to agree to disagree. Eli just isn't cool under pressure and thats what he's going to have with Matthews and Woodson. I am guessing that the GMen will turn the ball over 3 times with all of them turning into points.
P.S. Thanks for posting here, you seem like a good ****.

Trapped in Vikingville
Eli is one of the best in the game under pressure..all types too...big game pressure..he is great...and actual in game pressure he thrives as well..when teams blitz him too often he makes them pay..just watch the cowboys games if need proof...ill give you more if u need it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts