saying hi

OP
OP
meyerbudNYG

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please speak for yourself - that's not how I look at it at all. I waited my whole life for a chance to purchase Packer stock, and was able to get some in 1997.

It's not that to me.

In fact, I know of at least two fans of other teams who bought some this last sale. One is an attorney, and he doesn't particularly like the Packers, but he purchased it because it's legal ownership and he wanted in on that opportunity.

im not saying its not a cool thing, but its not a real thing.

OP
OP
meyerbudNYG

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's okay - it's just not how I see it...and I have a couple of letters in front of me from Mark Murphy, referring to me as an NFL owner. I know a lot of people think it's a joke, but in my life, I honestly never thought they'd open up stock to sell again and when it happened in '97, I jumped on it - I always wanted to own part of this team (like the others in history who bought the stock), and it was a dream come true for me. I bought again last month.

It's so much more than crummy memorabilia.

I apologize if I sounded harsh. I've just had this discussion a few times recently, and I'm a little jumpy about it.

I think its Kick ***. Very unique its just not what it says it is is what im saying

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Do u see a return on your ownership? Do you have an real input? Its not a real stock or ownership, its a great piece of memoribilia

I'm sorry, but this is just ignorance. It absolutely is real stock, and real ownership. I've owned stock I could not sell without the approval of every other person who owned it. I've owned stock I've lost far more than $250 on. If stock doesn't make me money, it doesn't mean it's "not stock" - and yes, I have voting rights on my Packer stock.

Still waiting for you to tell me who owns the Packers, if we don't.

Nobody?

OP
OP
meyerbudNYG

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but this is just ignorance. It absolutely is real stock, and real ownership. I've owned stock I could not sell without the approval of every other person who owned it. I've owned stock I've lost far more than $250 on. If stock doesn't make me money, it doesn't mean it's "not stock" - and yes, I have voting rights on my Packer stock.

Still waiting for you to tell me who owns the Packers, if we don't.

Nobody?

I really don't want to get u upset in the reality of the situation. Its a marketing ploy to raise another 7 mil plus. YOu have no say on anything, the stock doesn't appreciate, and you can't really re-sell it. I as a Giant fan have as much as a say in the packers as you do.

Real stocks have the chance to appreciate or depreciate

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't want to get u upset in the reality of the situation. Its a marketing ploy to raise another 7 mil plus. YOu have no say on anything, the stock doesn't appreciate, and you can't really re-sell it. I as a Giant fan have as much as a say in the packers as you do.

Real stocks have the chance to appreciate or depreciate

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do u see a return on your ownership? Do you have an real input? Its not a real stock or ownership, its a great piece of memoribilia

Wrong.

There is no return because the Green Bay Football Corporation (original name) is "operated as a non-profit organization, although technically it is a for-profit corporation because under Wisconsin law non-profit corporations cannot issue stock."

from wikipedia

Based on the original "Articles of Incorporation for the (then) Green Bay Football Corporation" put into place in 1923, if the Packers franchise were to have been sold, after the payment of all expenses, any remaining money would go to the Sullivan Post of the American Legion in order to build "a proper soldier's memorial." This stipulation was enacted to ensure the club remained in Green Bay and that there could never be any financial enhancement for the shareholders. At the November 1997 annual meeting, shareholders voted to change the beneficiary from the Sullivan-Wallen Post to the Green Bay Packers Foundation, which makes donations to many charities and institutions throughout Wisconsin.

We also have voting rights.

Just because you own stock doesn't mean there is always a return on ownership. Essentially it's an investment in capital to a non-profit company who's proceeds are donated in the event of a sale. I guess you can call it a donation with voting rights, but it's still legitimate stock.

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wrong.

There is no return because the Green Bay Football Corporation (original name) is "operated as a non-profit organization, although technically it is a for-profit corporation because under Wisconsin law non-profit corporations cannot issue stock."

from wikipedia

Just because you own stock doesn't mean there is always a return on ownership. Essentially it's an investment in capital to a non-profit company who's proceeds are donated in the event of a sale. I guess you can call it a donation with voting rights, but it's still legitimate stock.

NICE :)

OP
OP
meyerbudNYG

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wrong.

from wikipedia

lol its a cute thing and a really cool thing, but its a marketing ploy. What was there 30k of stocks issued? Isn't there almost 5 million? Even if somebody bought up all 30k shares by themselves they still wouldn't even 3/4 of a percent.

Your voting rights is a myth.

You have no real power, you have no real return.

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol its a cute thing and a really cool thing, but its a marketing ploy. What was there 30k of stocks issued? Isn't there almost 5 million? Even if somebody bought up all 30k shares by themselves they still wouldn't even 3/4 of a percent.

250,000 sold with an additional 30,000 issued... We know/knew all the caveats going in....

OP
OP
meyerbudNYG

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and I do have a legit question: all the profits the team makes - where does that money go?

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Really feel like you're just trolling now.

The fifth sale in the team's history, which will finance further renovations to Lambeau Field, began on December 6, 2011 and will run through February 29, 2012. During this sale, 250,000 shares will be offered at $250 per share. Prior to the 2011 stock sale, there were 112,015 people, representing 4,750,934 shares, who could lay claim to a franchise ownership interest.

As far as voting, you have just as much voting power as you do with any other corporation. More voting power with the more shares that you own.

Owners have more power voting on Packer's decisions than you do voting as a citizen of the United States.

Do I wish i got dividends or something from being a shareholder? sure. But then we wouldn't be operated as a non-profit anymore would we?

OP
OP
meyerbudNYG

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as your posting here, why don't you google it or call the organization and find out.... It doesn't matter to us that purchased it..

it was an honest question

i guess packer fans aren't much for discussion.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I've spent too much time on this (and thanks for adding, you guys) - but the question is very simple:

Who owns the Green Bay Packers?

I think our Giants fan friend knows the answer. He just doesn't want to type it. Well, I will: SHAREHOLDERS.

Oy. Moving on.

OP
OP
meyerbudNYG

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really feel like you're just trolling now.

As far as voting, you have just as much voting power as you do with any other corporation. More voting power with the more shares that you own.

Owners have more power voting on Packer's decisions than you do voting as a citizen of the United States.

Do I wish i got dividends or something from being a shareholder? sure. But then we wouldn't be operated as a non-profit anymore would we?

who pockets the profits of the organization?

OP
OP
meyerbudNYG

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've spent too much time on this (and thanks for adding, you guys) - but the question is very simple:

Who owns the Green Bay Packers?

I think our Giants fan friend knows the answer. He just doesn't want to type it. Well, I will: SHAREHOLDERS.

Oy. Moving on.

whoever sees the money profits

OP
OP
meyerbudNYG

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Google it, or call the organization... Tell us what you find, and let's discuss... Sound fair?

Any profits are reinvested in the organization or given to charity."

okay thats cool. Wasn't aware of that. was under the impression that the board made the money

no reason to be a **** about it, like i said it was a legit question because I didn't know.

But even still so wouldn't this essentially mean that anybody that buys a ticket to the games is essentially a stock holder

Members online

Latest posts