saying hi

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big giants fan from giants.com boards - will be looking to have football talk with you guys for this week. Mostly football talk and a little trash talk

How are you guys feeling about the matchup?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to The Family. I feel pretty confident going into the game. I feel the Packers have been given the chance to access the Giants and we know how to beat you. Unless our O-line decides not to show up to the game, I feel confident in a win for the Packers. However, I refuse to totally discount the Giants. To do so would be foolish. Never underestimate an opponent and in the least show them some respect. The Giants and Eli are having a great year, they are peaking at the right time as well. I'm not all that impressed with their win over the Falcons, but the Giants did what they had to do to advance and it's not their fault the Falcons just decided to die. Regarding the Pack, I think they might try to make a QB duel out of this, but that would favor Rodgers and the Packers. Eli has played great this year, but I think terming him elite is a going a bit far. Not when you have guys like Rodgers, Brees and Brady floating around. But I will say the Packers need to bring their all against the Giants. The Giants are no team to be taken lightly and fortunately for the Packers, I think the Packers will be well prepared for this game. This weekend I would think the Packers have been paying very close attention to what is going in in these games.

Good luck to you and your Giants and congrats on beating the Falcons. Gonna be a good game next weekend, we can all agree on that!

OP
OP
meyerbudNYG

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thank you sir.

It did feel good to see our D healthy and play like that and have our running game back

OP
OP
meyerbudNYG

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to The Family. I feel pretty confident going into the game. I feel the Packers have been given the chance to access the Giants and we know how to beat you. Unless our O-line decides not to show up to the game, I feel confident in a win for the Packers. However, I refuse to totally discount the Giants. To do so would be foolish. Never underestimate an opponent and in the least show them some respect. The Giants and Eli are having a great year, they are peaking at the right time as well. I'm not all that impressed with their win over the Falcons, but the Giants did what they had to do to advance and it's not their fault the Falcons just decided to die. I think they might try to make a QB duel out of this, but that would favor Rodgers and the Packers. Eli has played great this year, but I think terming him elite is a going a bit far. Not when you have guys like Rodgers, Brees and Brady floating around. But I will say the Packers need to bring their all against the Giants. The Giants are no team to be taken lightly and fortunately for the Packers, I think the Packers will be well prepared for this game. This weekend I would think the Packers have been paying very close attention to what is going in in these games.

Good luck to you and your Giants and congrats on beating the Falcons. Gonna be a good game next weekend, we can all agree on that!

yea i'm pumped. I think we are evenly matched at the moment. Its going to be the game of the year one way or another

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
its going to be a great game

Should be. Two great NFC games next weekend. Big boy games finally. I have mad respect for the Giants at times but man oh man do they sometimes blow games they shouldn't.

OP
OP
meyerbudNYG

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should be. Two great NFC games next weekend. Big boy games finally. I have mad respect for the Giants at times but man oh man do they sometimes blow games they shouldn't.

eh i scratch divisional games . All I know is that we are 3-0 in playoff games this year and we finally are healthy and hot

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I remember right, we had Marshall Newhouse and Evan Deitrich Smith in the lineup. That is NOT a healthy o-line! Lol

vancouverpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you look at just the QB matchup... not even close.
Eli hasn't achieved Elite status and Aaron is setting the bar for the future.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Im going to try stay away from the forum as much as I can this week.
I am expecting LOTS of trolls.

Between that and fearful Packer fans, it's gonna be a long week.

It's not a Packer tradition to wish for weak opponents, and it's not a Packer tradition to be afraid. If we're not championship quality - if we don't deserve our place - we'll know that in a week. No yapping, over-confident Giants fans are going to tell us anything about our team we don't already know.

Bring it on.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Between that and fearful Packer fans, it's gonna be a long week.

It's not a Packer tradition to wish for weak opponents, and it's not a Packer tradition to be afraid. If we're not championship quality - if we don't deserve our place - we'll know that in a week. No yapping, over-confident Giants fans are going to tell us anything about our team we don't already know.

Bring it on.

I cant wait to play them, I have no doubt we are going to the championship game. Not even a slight doubt.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I cant wait to play them, I have no doubt we are going to the championship game. Not even a slight doubt.

People are forgetting a few things about our last meeting, IMO.

I am almost relieved it's not the Falcons coming, because I think the tendency to think about the next step instead of the current one would have been tempting. The Packers will be prepared and focused. As long as the game is fairly-officiated and cleanly-played, we will learn a lot about our team next week.

I'm personally pretty old school, so I like it if they prove themselves on a tougher road. We may not win (anything is possible), but I like our chances apparently better than a lot of others here (and in the media).

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People are forgetting a few things about our last meeting, IMO.

I am almost relieved it's not the Falcons coming, because I think the tendency to think about the next step instead of the current one would have been tempting. The Packers will be prepared and focused. As long as the game is fairly-officiated and cleanly-played, we will learn a lot about our team next week.

I'm personally pretty old school, so I like it if they prove themselves on a tougher road. We may not win (anything is possible), but I like our chances apparently better than a lot of others here (and in the media).

Completely, I just dont see how anyone can think the Giants will win this one.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't underestimate the G-Men. But we have a healthy team for the first time in many weeks. I think the Giants will have to play their best game of the season and the Packers to be off theirs for the Giants to win. We haven't forgot the last game of importance played between the two teams at Lambeau.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big giants fan from giants.com boards - will be looking to have football talk with you guys for this week. Mostly football talk and a little trash talk

How are you guys feeling about the matchup?
Great match up like in the regular season. I dont think Aaron Rodgers will **** the bed like Favre did the last time we met in the playoffs. That doesnt mean the Giants wont win, but they better bring it!

Should be a great game.

Members online

Latest posts