S. Jax

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These are highlights from THIS past season..... notice defenses usually had 8 guys in the box trying to stop #39 because the Rams passing game....... :poop: name a Ram receiver.... that's right.
On our offense, teams are always going to be worried most about Rodgers arm, Jordy, Cobb, Jones, Finley? The problem is that our OL rarely gives a RB holes like the few we see here... some of which were opened up by Scott Wells.

We gotta do something about our passive O-Line.
Jackson might make em look a lot better though....?

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Happy to see TT stand his ground on price
No doubt. I like the guy but don't love him. I think if we could come in at the 3 yr 12 mil or a bit below its a great pick up. Once you start talking 15 mil over 3 or higher is what I am afraid he is looking for.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adam Schefter just tweeted a bit ago that RT @tydunne: And there it is. RT @AdamSchefter Former Rams RB Steven Jackson has accepted a 3 year deal with the Packers.

However, then a few minutes later he deleted it.

Looks like Jackson will sign with us, and a 3 year deal sounds about right on term, curious what the money is.

I'm assuming Schefter just couldn't say anything quite yet or something. Hopefully later today we get the news.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Happy to see TT stand his ground on price
Yeah, as long as he still gets the player.
He refused to budge when the Chiefs were offering us Tony Gonzalez..... I think the difference between the 3rd rder and 2nd rder was us taking... Brandon Jackson in Rd 2.

Don't lose Steven Jackson over something pretty minimal.......

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adam Schefter just tweeted a bit ago that RT @tydunne: And there it is. RT @AdamSchefter Former Rams RB Steven Jackson has accepted a 3 year deal with the Packers.

However, then a few minutes later he deleted it.

Looks like Jackson will sign with us, and a 3 year deal sounds about right on term, curious what the money is.

I'm assuming Schefter just couldn't say anything quite yet or something. Hopefully later today we get the news.
Yeah I want to get an explanation from Schefter immediately for why he reported that. From who?
Schefter doesn't just make stuff up.... someone told him, and he wrote it. Who is that someone?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should they just do white smoke from Lambeau?

Fans overhype free agency as much as anything in sports

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Pack sign Steven Jackson, I am a HUGE fan of the signing. I think having a legit runner improves every aspect of the offense (and trickles down to the defense). I'm hoping Steven Jackson is a Packer by the end of the day.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holding out f0r the evening news rush so its hot fresh and happening around 5pm when everyone gets home.

Gopackgo520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would be a nice offseason If the pack sign Jax (at a reasonable rate and kept him away from Atlanta), and also kept Jennings at fair price.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would be a nice offseason If the pack sign Jax (at a reasonable rate and kept him away from Atlanta), and also kept Jennings at fair price.

No way both are signed. We would definitely have to cut Finley and probably Hawk to for that to happen. The other option is Tagging Jennings.

H

HardRightEdge

Actually, if we cut Hawk we will not own him a red cent. However, if he's cut before June 1 he'll count $4.8 million against the cap (dead cap prorated signing bonus) in 2013. If he's cut after June 1 the dead cap hit will slide to 2014.

If we keep him he'll cost about $5.5 mil cash money and $7 mil against the cap in 2013.

I doubt he's going anywhere this season.

H

HardRightEdge

I'm sorry but hasn't the tag period been past for a couple weeks?

Yes, for the third time, franchise tagging has passed. I think March 4th. was the deadline.

I remain mystified why we would pay a guy $10 mil per year when he'll never see enough targets to actually earn it.

It sounds like a head fake to me.

Though one wonders...TT pursued Canty and Jackson several years back and is now going back to those same guys again this year, having talked to few others in the interim. Maybe TT slipped into a time warp back to 2009 and thinks Jennings is 26 years old and Cobb is a college sophomore. Or maybe he likes collecting unrequited man crushes?

Gopackgo520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, for the third time, franchise tagging has passed. I think March 4th. was the deadline.

I remain mystified why we would pay a guy $10 mil per year when he'll never see enough targets to actually earn it.

It sounds like a head fake to me.

Though one wonders...TT pursued Canty and Jackson several years back and is now going back to those same guys again this year, having talked to few others in the interim. Maybe TT slipped into a time warp back to 2009 and thinks Jennings is 26 years old and Cobb is a college sophomore. Or maybe he likes collecting unrequited man crushes?

My post was in pure sarcasm.... Also if we got both for around 11M which is looking probable at this point with weaker signing for $6M.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mixed emotions on this idea of bringing Steven Jackson over. I'm going to have to repeat this again, he is not the player he used to be. He is still pretty good but each year he will likely decline to where I'm not sure he'll see the third year of this "mystical contract." I had him on my PFFFL league last year and remember coming on strong at the end of the year, but also him almost losing his starting the spot at around the half way point to Daryl Richardson. I was a huge fan of Jackson's five years ago but I sense a decline in him. His yards have gone down every year for three years.

That being said he has rushed for over 1,000 yards every single year of his career par from his rookie year. Most of those years done with little or no help from really anyone else on that team. The best RB on a 3-13 team I think I've ever seen.

He could probably help mentor our younger RB's. Him starting with Harris coming out as a change of pace back would make a terrific duo in my opinion. He has always been my 2nd favorite running back I've seen behind Ahman, and when you hear them talk they sound very similar. Kind of cool actually. He's been pretty durable.

I think if he comes at the right price it will be a good signing and pretty much agree with the above post about getting him and Jennings back for 10-11 million. I see Finley's contract getting restructured at some point in the next few months or early in the season.

Side Note: Did anyone else see all that butt kissing he did to the Falcons on that Sportcenter special a few days ago? It rubbed me the wrong way when he did it, seeming to jump on that bandwagon awfully hard. Not that it really matters...

Members online

Latest posts