rules don't apply to peterson

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
does peterson get to keep his helmet off on the field. Twice, including after his last touchdown, he took his helmet off. But there wasn't a penalty. If they had penalized him 15 yards on the kickoff, it would had been huge. I guess the NFL want him to have star rules.

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
adrian peterson is much loved,which shows that the refs are gay too!!

Pack4me

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree....does anyone remember back in the day, it may have been against the Lions, when Antonio Freeman got a penalty for taking his helmet off and the Packers lost the game 20-27? Someone refresh my memory please. Have they changed this rule?

V

Vikeman

You guys are so ignorant sometimes...but that's why I love Packerforum

Adrian Peterson was OFF THE FIELD WHEN HE TOOK HIS HELMET OFF!!!! Not on the field. That's why no flag.

Being that Peterson doesn't make a habit to shuck and jive after td's or 10 yard runs like Driver does I wouldn't get to upset with the non call.

Pack4me

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since when is the end zone "off the field"? He was kneeling (praying?) in the end zone with his helmet off! Then walked across the same field after, with his helmet in his hand; therefore penalty worthy. I can feel any way I want to about it....and as for Donald Driver's "habit to shuck and jive", it is not excessive nor taunting, nor does he use anything he shouldn't as a prop, which ARE penalties. Give me a break! Oh, yeah of course you wouldn't know that much about "legally" celebrating, the Vikes don't have many opportunities to do so! :)

V

Vikeman

Pack4me said:
Since when is the end zone "off the field"? He was kneeling (praying?) in the end zone with his helmet off! Then walked across the same field after, with his helmet in his hand; therefore penalty worthy. I can feel any way I want to about it....and as for Donald Driver's "habit to shuck and jive", it is not excessive nor taunting, nor does he use anything he shouldn't as a prop, which ARE penalties. Give me a break! Oh, yeah of course you wouldn't know that much about "legally" celebrating, the Vikes don't have many opportunities to do so! :)

Watch the td again please. His whole body is off the field. He then takes his helmet off. Now I'm a common sense guy so I took it upon myself to read the actual nfl rule that applies here...not that you would...

In order to reduce taunting and excessive celebrations, no player may remove his helmet while on the playing field except during timeouts and between quarters.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/penaltysummaries

Adrian Peterson was "off the field"...so the rule doesn't apply. But you don't want to listen to this because you don't want to be proven wrong. Therefore your commen sense is distorted. Therefore your beneath me at this point and completely owned.

Check my past posts...after the week 1 loss in a very bad ref'ed game for both sides (mostly ours) I didn't come in here trying to take away what was rightfully the Packers. I repeatedly stated that the Packers deserve the win...that's the difference.

Man up...take the loss...and tell your coach not to play call like his name was Childress next time.

Concluding...no team has been screwed over by the refs more then the Vikings, so don't even try to attempt to compare what you thought was bad reffing to the Vikings. We have lost NFC championships (Pearson push-off) because of refs. Get your head out of your a**.

ekim401

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I just love how all the Vikings fans have that video of AP bulldozing a 180 pound cornerback in their signatures...

...but isn't that the same cornerback that took AP out of the game last year? When the Vikings got shutout.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When your team can do anything more than just hand the ball off to AP to get through games, come back.

ekim401

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris ripped AP's *** down in the forth quarter of that game anyway. Where's that video?

OP
OP
B

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the Vikings didn't make it on fourth down due to Peterson's fumble, Peterson also had his helmet off. That was in the middle of the field, and he was standing there yelling at the refs.

Packer.In.The.Peg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yup, i saw that too. and he was right in the middle of the field, even complaining to the refs without his helmet on and nothing was called? wtf??!!

what do you have to say to that Vikeman?

Packer_Backer85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Better question..

What would a Vikings fan be doing on a Packers forum, EXCEPT bragging about how his team just won the first game of Six against a Head Coach that hasn't coached.

Or, trolling?

Both are too true. Why don't you go find a Viking forum to sit on?

Oh yah, for the record, AP was on the playing field when he took off his helmet and prayed, if you call putting his helmet on the white part on the endzone off the field, go figure.

You want to talk about bad officiating? What about the two holding calls that were on 15 yard runs, where the announcers even stated that they were crap calls. You're outsmarted bud, kthnx comeagain.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
not sure but, if he is on the field while a challenge is being done, is that an official time out, which the rules say during a time out helemt can be off?

just let it go..

Focus more on the Al Harris hands to the face... should have been a non call..They would have had to punt to us instead of kicking a fg.

kahnoodie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to the NFL rulebook (not the online summary), the player can only remove his helmet if:

- He has returned to his bench area

- The player is in the game and a time out has been called for reasons of injury, television break, charged team time out, or it is between periods.

I would think he could also remove it if there was a problem with the helmet (e.g. turned sideways).

So it sounds like Peterson should have had his helmet on in both cases. A friend of mine said Peterson was taking off his helmet after almost every play on the last drive? Did anyone see that...my DVR cut off the last few minutes of the game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
okay saw the video and he took off helmet RIGHT after scoring so yeah, should been flagged

OP
OP
B

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, he's definitely getting the star treatment.

And the helmet off after the fumble wasn't during a challenge. simply when the refs were determining where the ball should be marked.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll never know if the Vikes had to kick off from the 15 instead of the 30 would the Pack had a shorter FG try or not. Who knows if the outcome of the game would have been different. That isn't the point here. The only point was AP removed his helmet (on more than one occasion evidently). Even the VP of officiating admits it should have been a penalty. I think it is a silly rule but it is a rule nonetheless.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't just with peterson. I've been noticing it a lot lately in other teams as well. I think perhaps the enforcement of the rule has changed. It used to be people would get mad and take off their he;met and smack it into the ground, then get penalized, so who knows.

Staff online

Latest posts