Rolle affects Collins

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Rolle signing his lucrative contract with the Giants, how much of that will rub off on Collins wanting a fat contract? IMO, this is why you sign your players before the market is dictated by some crazy *** contract. Look for a Nick Collins hold-out this year because he expects Antrel Rolle money. Collins has more tackles and interceptions, plus one more pro bowl appearance than Rolle.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. But as I've said before, I'd rather overspend with our own proven players than with someone elses.

But yeah, TT may've dropped the ball on this one. We still need to find out how much will Collins' deal cost, but if it's bigger than Rolle's, we'll know why.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
With Rolle signing his lucrative contract with the Giants, how much of that will rub off on Collins wanting a fat contract? IMO, this is why you sign your players before the market is dictated by some crazy *** contract. Look for a Nick Collins hold-out this year because he expects Antrel Rolle money. Collins has more tackles and interceptions, plus one more pro bowl appearance than Rolle.

I've actually been reading and hearing that we can expect a hold out by Collins this year. Not surprising really.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the media has hyped up Collins' so called "disgruntled" attitude a bit. I've never even heard from the guys mouth that he's offended or even frustrated for a new contract. All he ever says is that he'll let the business-minds figure it out, end of story. Even in a chat on NFL.com he did say that while it would be nice to get a new contract, his heart is in green bay and that's where he sees himself in the future. Tom Pelissero reported that Collins may hold out but it's not completely definitive.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Yeah, everything I've heard points to it being in the works, and Collins nor the Front office being worried about it.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the media has hyped up Collins' so called "disgruntled" attitude a bit. I've never even heard from the guys mouth that he's offended or even frustrated for a new contract. All he ever says is that he'll let the business-minds figure it out, end of story. Even in a chat on NFL.com he did say that while it would be nice to get a new contract, his heart is in green bay and that's where he sees himself in the future. Tom Pelissero reported that Collins may hold out but it's not completely definitive.
EXACTLY!

Last year people were killing him for the alledged "hold out".

Then they discover his FREAKING FATHER WAS DEATHLY ILL, AND PASSED AWAY!

And yet, there's still people that say: "yeah, his father was ill, but even if he wasn't, he would still hold out." I swear that I've heard it written in blogs.

GIVE ME A BREAK.

Yeah, Collins cannot speak right. Yeah, he appears dumb as wood. But he never had any altercation with the law, contrary to a lot of other guys. He never had any complains about the sysem, about the coaches, about his role, about his teammates, nothing!

He has merely stated that he wanted a new contract. That's all.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
EXACTLY!

Last year people were killing him for the alledged "hold out".

Then they discover his FREAKING FATHER WAS DEATHLY ILL, AND PASSED AWAY!

And yet, there's still people that say: "yeah, his father was ill, but even if he wasn't, he would still hold out." I swear that I've heard it written in blogs.

GIVE ME A BREAK.

Yeah, Collins cannot speak right. Yeah, he appears dumb as wood. But he never had any altercation with the law, contrary to a lot of other guys. He never had any complains about the sysem, about the coaches, about his role, about his teammates, nothing!

He has merely stated that he wanted a new contract. That's all.

I never said he was stupid or a trouble maker......I really like the guy and he's a great player.....I was just saying I heard he was going to hold out.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why did we overpay clifton and we wont pay collins?

Because Clifton was UNRESTRICTED compared to Collins who can't go anwhere due to his RFA. I understand where you're coming from since Collins is just as crucial to our team. However remember that the NFL is a business. Just because it's the right thing to do doesn't mean it's the best thing either.