Rodgers vs Favre (stats)

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is that, barring injury, Rodgers will just edge Favre in yards and touchdown passes with Green Bay. I don't think he will pass Favre's overall numbers though. It's unlikely he'll get to 500 touchdown passes or 70,00 yards. Those three years on the bench to start his career, plus his two injury-riddled seasons, will probably cause him to come up short of those milestones.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It'll take him 4 seasons based on his current trend to break yard and TD numbers.

I think he'll do it.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point, I'd just like to see him match Favre's number of Super Bowl appearances.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I think Aaron comes up short.
I have a gut feeling that he will retire inside of 3 years.

You know, I tend to agree with you on the retirement thing. His comment to the effect that "this year was FUN again", says that game hasn't been fun - perhaps he was just saying that the new guys in the locker room livened things up. Perhaps because of the injuries. Perhaps because he can't put up the god-like numbers he did as a younger man, and yeah ... Aaron, I think, has a HUGE ego (not a bad thing)...

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point, I'd just like to see him match Favre's number of Super Bowl appearances.
Notice how we've gone from "The window's wide open, Rodgers has plenty of years left, he'll win multiple Super Bowls before he retires" to now: "Wow, it would great if Aaron could even get to one more Super Bowl".

Last edited:
Reaction score
If he just plays through his current contract (which is likely) in 2023 and he doesn’t succumb to a season ending injury. I believe He’ll surpass both.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron should get the TD record if he's allowed to play through the contract.
I kind of think it's more likely that he retires himself than the administration forces him out. Of course, he could always be forced to retire for health reasons, God forbid.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is that, barring injury, Rodgers will just edge Favre in yards and touchdown passes with Green Bay. I don't think he will pass Favre's overall numbers though. It's unlikely he'll get to 500 touchdown passes or 70,00 yards. Those three years on the bench to start his career, plus his two injury-riddled seasons, will probably cause him to come up short of those milestones.
I hadn’t thought about his bench years behind Favre or the two injury-shortened seasons. And then factoring in Favre’s incredible starting streak, gonna be tough for Rodgers to catch him.

Members online

Latest posts