1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rodgers says the Giants cheated

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by pacmaniac, Feb 5, 2012.

1. titwio

titwio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  2. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422 / 16 / -4
    He was asked about it and gave an answer. Nowhere in his analysis did he even remotely insinuate cheating. Plus it's not like what he said was a lie. Giant have been faking injuries in games all season, even in the superbowl.

Well isn't it obvious? Seriously.

Bitter possibly. But, Classless? (learn to spell) Not in the slightest. He said the Giants might try to slow down Brady in a no huddle situation, and they did.

But it's not cheating, so....you're an idiot

And you should just be humble and accept your SB win, instead of coming here trying to stir the pot. Get a life, phaggot. Seriously

I'm sure he cares about the respect of some half-wit moron on the internet.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. titwio

titwio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Some of you guys here are cool but Southpaw haha...Wow! I'll leave and wish you guys luck again. Southpaw...seriously, say no to drugs and resist the urge to reproduce please!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217 / 3 / -0
    why the hell do you keep quoting yourself? are you that narcissistic?
  5. Southpaw

Ratings:
    +422 / 16 / -4
    You know coming from the guy who can't spell and apparently can't read either, this really hurts my feelings. Rather ironic too telling me not to reproduce. Maybe you're the one who should double wrap it. That is, if you do happen to get any being so stupid.
  6. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,403 / 55 / -16
    I don't get you man.
    You claim that you are here just to show your displeasure and not expecting any of us to take up your side.
    And yet you keep on making points that make it seem like you are trying to get us to take your side and be against Rodgers.

Your acting just like all the other typical Giants trolls who were here before and after our game.
    "I'm not here to trash talk and I even respect and like the Packers BUT did you see what crummy thing Aaron did to the Giants?"

You came.
    You shared.
    No need to keep on bringing it up over and over and over again when we already got it.
    You wrote your piece. Fine.
    Now let's just leave it at that.

You claim your gone. But because you are so annoying and just in case you do come back, I have to be sure I'm done with you and put you on ignore.
  7. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,403 / 55 / -16
    Thumbs up from me for posting that vid.
    I love what the commentators say.
    Even they know something is fishy before it's known.
    "Hmmm!"
    And
    "...we'll see if he returns, shortly."
    And
    "Deon Grant... miraculously he recovered quickly."

LMAO
  8. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +586 / 13 / -0
    exactly! If any player is only out for a play after an injury, it is to rest or just because the rule states that they have to. They should change the rule to have it so the players have to sit out the rest of the quarter
  9. Southpaw

Ratings:
    +422 / 16 / -4
    There is a real problem with this whole faking injury issue. Sometimes it's hard to tell it someone is faking or legitimately hurt. Therefore enforcing that proposed rule probably wouldn't be very fair.

Some players are very talented actors. Others, like Dieon Grant, not so much.

A think an entire series would be more reasonable, rather than an entire quarter.

Difficult issue to solve
  10. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +950 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Or, if a defensive player goes down during a "hurry up" offense, whether real or fake injury, the offense gets another down and 10 seconds added to the clock.
  11. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +392 / 7 / -0
    They really couldn't do that, but what they could do is call a penalty for delay of game. Again however, that would be very hard to do. The best solution is that the player can't return until the next first down or turnover.
  12. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Two suggestions; one simply "fantasy" and one potential. First, adopt a rule like hockey and make the next play/series/whatever, a "power play" where that guy cannot be replaced. That could make for some exciting plays. Two, do not allow them to make any substitutions as that is often the reason for "faking" an injury when the offense is going "hurry up" (unless it is inside of a minute and a half or something and the purpose is to save clock; in which case there could be time run off the clock).
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +2,023 / 50 / -37
    After the Packers won Super Bowl the last thing I considered doing is joining a Steelers board for any purpose; I was elated and euphoric – I celebrated with family, friends and fellow Packers fans over the next several weeks. I just don’t understand what Giants fans are still doing here. Why care that Rodgers, in answer to a question, just pointed out a fact? Why care what he, or anyone else said? Go party with fellow Giants fans ya goofs!
    • Like Like x 2
  14. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
    Apparently, beating the Packers was of more significance than winning the Super Bowl. :rolleyes:
  15. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,403 / 55 / -16
    In today's NFL Newz.
    To make sure that players are not faking injuries, from now on there will be an extra official added. He will be known as The Enforcer. His one and only job will be to run out onto the field and hitting the downed player with a baseball bat, a wooden club with a nail through it or else using a gun. He will use a weapon of choice on the injured player to make sure that he is indeed injured.
    In a related story, all 32 NFL teams have fired their trainers and owners or general managers are instructing their coaches to just tell any injured players to just "Rub some dirt on it" and to get up and stay in the game.
  16. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217 / 3 / -0
    I wouldn't say rest of the Quarter, but would make it rest of the drive
  17. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,403 / 55 / -16
    The problem with Sit out till end of quarter or End of drive is that there could be only seconds left till the end of the quarter or just one play left until the end of the drive.
    I think neli is onto something with the time.
    They should have any injured player sit out for like 10 minutes for O or D depending on the position. Not the total of game time. The total for O or D.
    And anything less than 10 min, the time will carry over into the next quarter.
    So if it's a linebacker with 20 seconds left in the 1st, then he cannot come back in until the defense has played a total of 9 min. 40 seconds in the 2nd.
  18. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217 / 3 / -0
    I kinda like the power play idea, it's pretty cool and would make things interesting.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +586 / 13 / -0
    but i also don't think players will fake an injury that close to the end of a quarter. Teams won't usually do a no huddle near the end of a quarter. If they faked an injury. Ear the end of the 2nd/4th quarter, it just wouldn't be smart for his team since it would be a timeout for the offense looking to score
  20. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +950 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Unless it is a design to disrupt the offensive rhythm or to be able to substitute other defensive players who are a better matchup or a chance to give a breather to defenders who are out of shape. Then faking an injury might be a tactic.
  21. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +586 / 13 / -0
    I agree. I just don't think players would really fake an injury with let's say 15 seconds left on the clock