1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rodgers says the Giants cheated

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by pacmaniac, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Jariah

Jariah Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    So True, just be prepared for the year of Eli Manning Worship by the Media, now that Peyton no longer is a factor, its gonna be hell.

2. Jariah

Jariah Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    That Game was hard to watch, I did'nt want Eli/Giants to win because I can't stand how much the Mannings are worshipped in the media, but at the same time the thought of Brady and Bellicheck being in the same league as Bart Star and Lombardi makes my stomach turn so I guess the Giants win was the lesser of two Evils. So true about the Refs. lol, and the look on Brady's face after the Giants 4/5 man coverage of Gonzales blocked that Hail Mary was Priceless...I think Brady was letting his reputation as the Best QB(Supposedly) get to his head, he looked shocked that he lost, I wish I could have been there to say "Yeah You lost Man"...
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Jariah

Jariah Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    So True, I knew the Giants were gonna win. I told my sister and she was like "Why do you say that" and said it will boil down to Defense.

4. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings Received:
    +871 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:

1000000000% agree with the comment about Brady.

I read an article last week from a Boston Sports forum from an actual Patriots fan that said that himself. That his impression of brady since the 16-0 season is that he over plays himself, and that's what I seen tonight. Brady trying to do too much with that thrown pick and him over reacting to the pressure around him, starting with the opening pass that wa a safety. It's as if he's scared he's not going to be considered the greatest of all time or up there with Montana, and he's over reacting, and he's been doing it since he blew his knee out.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings Received:
    +754 / 9 / -0
    On a side note I loved the interaction before the game with Dungy and Aaron.

Dungy was soooo pulling for the Giants lol. Too bad Peyton was....MIA. The plot thickens in Indy. Now the SB is over. Back to Peyton watch. Peyton and Irsay both released new BS statements or news yesterday. Oh yay.
  6. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings Received:
    +871 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Had Peyton been there, they would have said how he's trying to hog up all the media attention. He probably was there, but kept a low profile. I just can't imagine him or Archie not being there. I didn't see them show Archie on TV, but you know he had to have been there.
  7. Eric87

Eric87 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    That's dirty pool by the reporter who put the word "cheated" in Aaron Rodgers' mouth.
  8. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings Received:
    +754 / 9 / -0
    He was probably rubbing oil on the ball before the Pats offense was going to take the field. Hence the drops. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3,428 / 81 / -25
    oh jeez straight up or would we have to give up a couple 1st rounders too?
  10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3,428 / 81 / -25
    The topic title should be changed to reflect what was actually said
    • Like Like x 3
  11. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings Received:
    +643 / 0 / -0
    Just trying to put the anticipated Eli Love in some context. ;)
  12. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +2,517 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    They showed Archie in a box...So he was there
  13. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +2,256 / 49 / -15
    Right now?
    No.
    Maybe later depending on how things are going.
    Crikey, I hope we don't continue to keep going though having the rug pulled out from under us.
    Note to self: Stop thinking this team is a dynasty until it happens.
  14. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +2,256 / 49 / -15
    In my book faking an injury is a much lower move than a QB moving up to the line.
    Why don't we throw spiking in there too?
    "Geez! Why doesn't the offense give the defense a chance with the seconds ticking away!
    What a bunch of wussies. Just shut up, hike the damn ball and throw it down field!"

This video is worth a thousand words.
  15. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings Received:
    +1,701 / 44 / -15
    I'm not sure how one equates rushing to the LOS to get a play off with faking an injury. In the first instance the defense can call a time out and/or throw the challenge flag. In the latter there's nothing the offense can do. You want to fix faking injuries? The rule is if a player is injured causing the clock to stop, he has to leave the field for a single play. Change the rule so that player has to leave for several plays or the series. If they're really hurt, not that big a deal. If not...

I think Rodgers hit it on the nose - it's not cheating. But I don't like the timing either.
  16. gbpowner

gbpowner Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +84 / 3 / -0
    I like the fact that Rodgers might have a "giant" chip on his shoulder again! The dude has a long memory and does his best work when he's trying to show up anyone who bets against him or has pulled some sort of "gamesmanship" on him! ;)
  17. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings Received:
    +754 / 9 / -0
    I wish he didn't say this now. I over looked it last night since the SB was coming and my mind was occupied.

BUT, talking to my Giants fan buddy earlier he said Giants fans now hate Rodgers and think he is a sore loser.

I love Aaron, but please don't say these things. He has grudges and is a bitter guy a lot but he has to let these things go. The Giants won fair and square and the refs even helped GB.
  18. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +944 / 25 / -9
    Eh, who cares what New Jersey Giants fans think of Rodgers. He didn't call them cheaters, he correctly pointed out their bush league gamesmanship and mentioned his own experiences with their cheap tactics. He also picked them to win, so he wasn't exactly hating on them.

Seems to me New Jersey Giants fans are a little fearful of Rodgers and the chip he's going to have on his shoulder when he kicks the living **** out of them in the season opener.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. LombardiChick

Ratings Received:
    +643 / 0 / -0
    I'm with Chris. I don't care what the Giants or their fans think about our quarterback and his honesty...and I will add that I don't see him as a "bitter guy". He's just competitive when people disrespect him, but so are a lot of guys.
  20. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings Received:
    +754 / 9 / -0
    I should have worded it better. He holds grudges. He is bitter that the Pack lost to the Giants and did not play in the SB.

Rodgers will give it his all vs. the Giants next season. I just hope the rest of the team feels the same way and also holds a grudge after going 15-1 and one and done. Mostly the D. :whistling:

I still wish he didn't say it but he did pick the Giants to win. Whew, I was getting worried he was gonna pick NE after that. He did say "the Giants had something special this year."
  21. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +369 / 7 / -0
    Giants fans hate Rodgers and think he's a sore loser for talking about cheap tactics that they do in fact use?

Dear Me.

/hand to cheek and look of shock.
    • Like Like x 4
  22. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings Received:
    +714 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    ^^^^ What he said.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. LombardiChick

Ratings Received:
    +643 / 0 / -0
    I understand what you're saying; to me, the word "bitter" carries a connotation of an unhealthy outlook, and that's really the only thing about that point I disagree with. He just strikes me as a fiercely competitive guy who wants to win, and wants (needs, even) to prove he belongs where he is - one of the most respected players in the NFL.

And he does belong there.

He sounded disappointed but optimistic on his radio show after the loss, not angry or bitter - but yeah, he's not going to forget the loss. We agree on that, for sure...but I really, really don't care what the Giants or their fans think about him calling them out. ;) With all the truly offensive talking those guys do, they should be able to to tolerate a little straight-up listening.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. AmishMafia

AmishMafia There's cheese under that hat

The heart of Amish Country, Las Vegas, NV
    Ratings Received:
    +1,393 / 50 / -4
    [​IMG]

I was going to rip on the author of the article then I noticed who wrote it.

Again I ask:

[​IMG]

Why would Mike McCarthy write this?
  25. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings Received:
    +578 / 13 / -0
    I love what he said. There were 3 or 4 drives that had to be delayed because of the Giants "injuries". Every person on the giants that had an "injury" was back on the field in a play or 2
    • Like Like x 1