Retiring #4 Jersey

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
You sir are a Favre loving ****** go to the obf forum. One mod says he had to remove a post and you gotta go say the same thing just in "different" words....

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Favreites will only be happy if the league retires no. 4 for everybody.

Me, I think they've retired enough numbers from an era that produced one Championship. Only Starr and Nitschke have retired numbers from a truly great era that produced 5.

4 should be given to somebody next year--kicker, QB, punter--who cares. Only no. 5 should never again be on a Packer uniform.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Favreites will only be happy if the league retires no. 4 for everybody.

Me, I think they've retired enough numbers from an era that produced one Championship. Only Starr and Nitschke have retired numbers from a truly great era that produced 5.

4 should be given to somebody next year--kicker, QB, punter--who cares. Only no. 5 should never again be on a Packer uniform.

In need of a Packers history lesson, and forgive me for asking:
Who had Number 5?

this a thread concerning retiring the number 4 jersey not a player who went to court so stay on topic
Well at least we were discussing a former Packer and not someone of another team! LOL

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
It will be retired... He is one of the all time Packer greats... cant take that away from him or us... despite all the negative crap that went on he still deserves it...

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
Favre is prolly the reason im a packer fan, I cant see them not retiring it. I dont ant another packer EVER to wear 4. IMO.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre's #4 will be retired for sure. It has to be. Remember, Favre never hated the fans of Green Bay, he hated TT for wanting him out. If any of us would have been Brett Favre we would have done the exact same thing, think about it. Favre is probably the reason I love football as much as I do. I supported moving to Rodgers, but I can't blame him for wanting to prove he still had it. Last year, he did. It may not be right away, but #4 will be retired some day and Favre will always be remembered as a Green Bay Packer. Rightfully so.

PackersFan28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol... What a load of crock this is.

The Packers retire the numbers of the teams all time greats. Brett Favre is not only one of the best Packers, but one of the best players the league has ever seen.

Of course his number should, and will be retired.

My guess is that when he enters the HoF, all these Packer fans with sandy vaginal cavities will all of a sudden feel better.

Time heals all wounds.

I agree with this. I haven't really seen where his family has been "a**wipes toward us". I'm glad to see that most people here are able to realize that Favre is and always will be a Packer legend regardless of these past few years.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with this. I haven't really seen where his family has been "a**wipes toward us". I'm glad to see that most people here are able to realize that Favre is and always will be a Packer legend regardless of these past few years.

Agreed. Forget the jersey, remember the legend.

ClayMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be retired... He is one of the all time Packer greats... cant take that away from him or us... despite all the negative crap that went on he still deserves it...

Where is the full size picture of your avatar?????
I WANT THAT PICTURE!!!

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the most appropriate action would be for the packers to call favre for about 8 years straight and say yep we are retiring your number this year, and then change their mind every year, then retire someone elses. But yeah after waffling for a long time finally do it.

Someone mentioned that we wouldnt have gotten a sb win w/out him? Mark Brunell would have gotten those teams darn close in his prime. And if I'm not mistaken Warner got cut by Green Bay during Favre's tenure.

Just for the consecutive game steak, he is in. Truth be told, Holmgren used to get in his grill when he threw picks and rocketballs when he was young. When MH left that went by the wayside, and Favre the primadonna/waffler ensued.

I also was blind when he was playing in the green and gold. It was hypnosis or some voodoo mind trick, but I snapped out of it. One of the mods mentioned this and I was in the same boat as he was.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we officially retire his number does that mean he can't come back? Would that make his retirement really "official"? In that case, retire the number already!

Or could he just keep coming back under a different number? :no2:

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the most appropriate action would be for the packers to call favre for about 8 years straight and say yep we are retiring your number this year, and then change their mind every year, then retire someone elses. But yeah after waffling for a long time finally do it.

Someone mentioned that we wouldnt have gotten a sb win w/out him? Mark Brunell would have gotten those teams darn close in his prime. And if I'm not mistaken Warner got cut by Green Bay during Favre's tenure.

Just for the consecutive game steak, he is in. Truth be told, Holmgren used to get in his grill when he threw picks and rocketballs when he was young. When MH left that went by the wayside, and Favre the primadonna/waffler ensued.

I also was blind when he was playing in the green and gold. It was hypnosis or some voodoo mind trick, but I snapped out of it. One of the mods mentioned this and I was in the same boat as he was.

Mark Brunell? Seriously? A good quarterback but not a championship QB. Favre did have a great surrounding cast but there is no way we win it with Brunell, Pederson, McMahon or Majikowski. 39 TD's to just 13 INT's in '96. That's a better TD to INT ratio than even Rodgers had this year. Though, of course, Rodgers is a far more careful QB and a much better decision maker.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicken dinner for whoever can tell me what retired number was issued and to what player?

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Chicken dinner for whoever can tell me what retired number was issued and to what player?

It was the #5 jersey and it was initially issued to Don Majkowski but he changed it to #7 in anticipation that it was gonna be retired

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Number 14 to Tagge. 4 Were made, one was donated to Hutson. Changed before any preseason games.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was the #5 jersey and it was initially issued to Don Majkowski but he changed it to #7 in anticipation that it was gonna be retired

No. 5 has never been officially retired. Lombardi never wanted it issued to another player, even though it had not been retired.

Only nos. 3, 14, 15, 66, and 92 have been retired.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
No. 5 has never been officially retired. Lombardi never wanted it issued to another player, even though it had not been retired.

Only nos. 3, 14, 15, 66, and 92 have been retired.

dang it. and i wanted fried chicken too

Members online

Latest posts