Retiring #4 Jersey

Favre4Ever

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Don't let him into the Packers HoF? Seriously?

** I took out the LEGALLY wrong statement**

longtimefan

Dont do it again

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Mark Chmura should never have been put in the Packer HOF. I'm ashamed they did that as a Packer fan.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Don't retire the #4 jersey. Give it to the punter every year. I don't want Favre to be in the Packers hall of fame. The Packers hall of fame goes to players who actually respect the Packers, not players who spit in their old team's face.

agreed btw love the signature

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
My guess is that when he enters the HoF, all these Packer fans with sandy vaginal cavities will all of a sudden feel better.

As far as jersey retirement, I could see it happening at the soonest ...

I agree with John L, it should happen soon.

I am actually hoping that Brett un-retires again. If so, the OBF forum and whatever-team-he-joins forum will be active and interesting once again and this forum can return to the fans who cheer for the Packers team, not a single person.

The thing I dislike about Favre is that he caused such a rift in the fan base. Before you new folks (who seem to be jumping back on the Packers bandwagon after a bit of an absence that probably corresponds to Favre's exit) reply that it was Ted's fault, not Favre-- yeah, ok, blah blah.

I believe that Brett is the common denominator here. Controversy between Brett and TT/MM in GB. Then, controversy in NYJ and a lawsuit with Brett front and center. Now, a Vikings organization in chaos and Brett's name is part of the equation.

He is disruptive and not a team player. Never was and never will be. That's why I don't like him and glad he is gone.

Time will heal all.

Sandy vaginal cavity? That's a new one.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no denying that Favre was wrong in what he did when he put himself before the team and there is no denying that he basically betrayed the Packers when he joined the Vikings in 2009. And he did tarnish his legacy, he will never be looked upon as fondly as he once was and he will never be beloved as he once was. Before his retirement I don't think any Packers fans had a bad thing to say about him. He was a Packers icon. The state hero of Wisconsin. That will never happen again.

That being said, I am a bit surprised that there seems to be some sort of consensus that we would have won 3 or more Super Bowls without him. I kinda find that hard to believe. Sure, he choked a lot in the second half of his career but without him we wouldn't have even been in the playoffs to begin with. Who would you want to have replaced him at QB with? Maybe if we had a big game QB like Kurt Warner starting at QB we would have won another SB. But still, that is all speculation and I just don't think that we would have won a Super Bowl with Doug Pederson or Don Majikowski as QB.

And don't we all quickly forget what it was like before Favre/Holmgren/White arrived? How many playoff wins did we have in the 20 some years between Lombardi and Holmgren? 1 I think? We had a hell of a lot more under Favre. And yes, White and Holmgren were just as important as Favre but without a QB of Favre's caliber it wouldn't have matterd how good a pass-rusher White was or how good of a coach Holmgren was.

Don't get me wrong either. I don't like Favre. I have lost a ton of respect for the man. I never, ever would have thought that he would go to the Vikings and basically stab us in the back like that. However, we cannot forget what he did for us in the 90's. And the fact that he played at an elite level for 16 years in Green Bay and became the all time leader in basically every statistical passing category while he was here. And as I said before, we don't win Super Bowl 31 without Brett Favre. For that we should retire his number and I have no doubt in my mind that as time passes that the majority of Packers fans will, perhaps not forget or forgive, but will move on and will look at his career as a whole rather than the last 3 years.

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
Chmura. Not Guilty. Period.

On April 8, 2000 Chmura was accused of having sex at a Waukesha Catholic Memorial High School party with the then 17-year-old babysitter of his children. Chmura was tried but found not guilty of all charges.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Chmura#cite_note-3 Two days after being acquitted of child enticement and third-degree ****** assault, Chmura acknowledged that his behavior at a post-prom party "wasn't something a married man should do."

I don't like the situation and spotlight he put himself, his family and his team in. But being found not guilty by a group of his peers. He's good in my book. At least he isn't Lawrence Taylor... LT paid his 'babysitter' $300.

~Valhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Chmura#cite_note-4

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Odd thought, maybe they should just go ahead and retire it. I would think now that the number is jinxed, cursed. If they give it to anyone else, even the kicker, it would just make them mess up. LOL, I'm playing (I hope).

As for Favre's supposed "official" retirement, don't count on it. He's said that for the last 4 years, us Packer fans know that better than anyone. So don't be surprised to hear that he's discovered some magic berry over the summer and it's rejuvenated him so he can take some team to the SB. Favre has established a pattern. I know we all hope he retires as I'm sure even some non-Packers fans do, but haven't we all heard this song before?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the only thing chmura is guilty of is being an idiot, a hypocrite, and being a bad husband. But child molester? Nah thats a little far. Personally he is my least favorite packer (the former QB is a viking and always will be in my eyes) as he is pompous jerk if you meet him. Like total opposite of the Majik man.

But yeah I would of had no problem not putting him in the packer HOF. He was even that great either. Numbers wise he is pretty similar to Donald Lee.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I think the Packers should definitely retire #4. They should just find some scrub player from the 60s or something that wore #4 and retire that guy's jersey. That would really stick it to the sexter if his number is retired, but it's not his name on the jersey. lol

Ding Ding Ding!!! Problem SOLVED!!!

freakin awesome! "scrub player!!!" :happy0005:

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I think the Packers should definitely retire #4. They should just find some scrub player from the 60s or something that wore #4 and retire that guy's jersey. That would really stick it to the sexter if his number is retired, but it's not his name on the jersey. lol

That's hilarious. Ted should get a ladder and hang the banner himself, too. Make the front page of the Kiln Herald. That oughta bust a vein or two in Brett's forehead. :Heristical:

All jokes aside, they will most likely retire his number, with his name on it, some day. To do anything otherwise would be to lower the organization's standards to that of Brett himself.

Apparently you aren't one of those bored ex-OBF members coming over here to stir trouble. Welcome, Big E.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I edited out a post that was legally not correct in eyes of the law

I also deleted greenandgold's post as it quoted said post..

His post is not fully gone. It was soft deleted and can be restored at anytime robdog sees fit

If anyone has an issue with those actions contact Rob

Just heed this warning...I dont want to see someone say Chewy was a child molester, as he was found not guilty.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
the only thing chmura is guilty of is being an idiot, a hypocrite, and being a bad husband. But child molester? Nah thats a little far. Personally he is my least favorite packer (the former QB is a viking and always will be in my eyes) as he is pompous jerk if you meet him. Like total opposite of the Majik man.

But yeah I would of had no problem not putting him in the packer HOF. He was even that great either. Numbers wise he is pretty similar to Donald Lee.

ivo, have you met Brent?

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
The worst thing is, there has been so much published praising Favre that its hard to hide his legacy. Read books before he went on the retiring spree, and there are discussions who means more to the Packers; Starr, Favre, or Hutson. The only way he will be downplayed is if Rodgers outplays Favre to the point where all Favre has is records for his longest start streak, and interceptions in a career. We have to be extremely thankful that Rodgers is so good. How would it feel reading the Packers timeline of championships, and once Favre left; the Packers records were like the 80's? We would all be begging Favre to come back.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ivo, have you met Brent?

Not really. Never had a personal convo. When he was with the packers he was pretty guarded.

I have met pretty much everyone else that has substance with their name. Excluding arod. Only interaction with him was watching him puke his guts out one time. But back then he was just the guy that runs the scout team in practice. Hornung hit on my gf. Kinda creepy. Lofton I really like every time I have met him. DD of course is wonderful. Woodson is guarded but opens up in certain situations. Ryan Grant came across as shy his first year when I met him. Matthews didnt seem like he was super bright. Maybe its just the cali thing.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chmura. Not Guilty. Period.

On April 8, 2000 Chmura was accused of having sex at a Waukesha Catholic Memorial High School party with the then 17-year-old babysitter of his children. Chmura was tried but found not guilty of all charges.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Chmura#cite_note-3 Two days after being acquitted of child enticement and third-degree ****** assault, Chmura acknowledged that his behavior at a post-prom party "wasn't something a married man should do."

I don't like the situation and spotlight he put himself, his family and his team in. But being found not guilty by a group of his peers. He's good in my book. At least he isn't Lawrence Taylor... LT paid his 'babysitter' $300.

~Valhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Chmura#cite_note-4
Just because he was found "not guilty" doesn't mean he didn't do it. It just means that there may not have been enough evidence to convict or that the jury isn't convinced that he did it.
I doubt that any of us was there, so who are we to judge who did or didn't do what to whom?

As for Favre's supposed "official" retirement, don't count on it. He's said that for the last 4 years, us Packer fans know that better than anyone. So don't be surprised to hear that he's discovered some magic berry over the summer and it's rejuvenated him so he can take some team to the SB. Favre has established a pattern. I know we all hope he retires as I'm sure even some non-Packers fans do, but haven't we all heard this song before?
After the beatings he took and the injuries and one of, if not the, worst seasons of his career, I seriously doubt he'll be back.

They wouldn't do that. It's not following the tradition of the NFL to retire numbers of top players.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because he was found "not guilty" doesn't mean he didn't do it. It just means that there may not have been enough evidence to convict or that the jury isn't convinced that he did it.
I doubt that any of us was there, so who are we to judge who did or didn't do what to whom?
Yes. If he was found not guilty, it DOES mean he didn't do it. The lack of evidence equates to innocency.
About the last part, the JUDICIAL SYSTEM is to judge what he did or didn't do.
Unless you don't believe in the judicial system and rather cut the hands of thieves and the ***** of adulterers.

Favre4Ever

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I edited out a post that was legally not correct in eyes of the law

I also deleted greenandgold's post as it quoted said post..

His post is not fully gone. It was soft deleted and can be restored at anytime robdog sees fit

If anyone has an issue with those actions contact Rob

Just heed this warning...I dont want to see someone say Chewy was a child molester, as he was found not guilty.

LMAO...

Hopefully this is better...

What a disgusting pig of a human being.

And editing posts for "legality" is pretty hilarious.

OJ Simpson is a murderer.

*patiently waits for edit*

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not at all true. Not guilty simply means the legal system did not convict him. It has nothing to do with whether he did it or not
I'm not up to par with the case, but I believe he was found not guilty due to lack of convicting evidence.

If that's the case, the ONLY capable (human) entity of judging a man found him not guilty, and, for all accounts, he MUST be treated as an innocent man, unless new evidences come to light, and he's judged guilty.

This is no laughing matter, and this is no optional topic. NOBODY has the option to believe he's guilty. In this case, freedom of speech doesn't apply, due to libel crime against Mark Chmura.

Members online

Latest posts