Re-match Pack vs Vikings

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone else have predictions?

I say its going to be another close one..

My head says the Vikings SHOULD win....

But if the line can give Rodgers time to set and throw instead of running for his life every second, the offense should be able to score and keep up with the Vikings..

I think that is the biggest key to the game...Packers o-l, they hold their own I really believe the Pack can win

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else have predictions?

I say its going to be another close one..

My head says the Vikings SHOULD win....

But if the line can give Rodgers time to set and throw instead of running for his life every second, the offense should be able to score and keep up with the Vikings..

I think that is the biggest key to the game...Packers o-l, they hold their own I really believe the Pack can win

And hope Grant can keep it up this week. He's no AP, but sure would be nice to take some of the pressure off Rodgers. It's a nice turnaround to be able to realistically talk about the two teams as being fairly equal. It should be a great game to watch, even though I will have my eyes closed.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Based on the last 7 weeks games ... the Vikings *should* win this hands down ... - however having homefield could prove a greater "edge" for the Packers, not to mention some confidence boost in having played 2 relatively "easy" games, solidly beating those 2 teams they played ...

If the Packers can keep up during the first 3 quarters I expect a close game, but if the Vikings take an early 2+ score lead ... I don't think it will be close ...

34-26 Vikings ...

ColtsSeahawks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A very close one even a game winning field goal in the last seconds will take this one.

Packs win it 34-31... Rodgers has a great day and keeps feeding off the momentum from last week against the Browns... Favre is to distracted by the fans to play to his best lol. :p

Regardless this game will go either way but Minnesota has taken one in their home, so Green Bay will take this one... Is it just me or does Minnesota and Green Bay seem to always have one of the best match ups in the NFL?

Alot of people talk about the Patriots and the Colts, but if there is one game I love watching its Minnesota and the Packers!!!

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on the last 7 weeks games ... the Vikings *should* win this hands down ... - however having homefield could prove a greater "edge" for the Packers, not to mention some confidence boost in having played 2 relatively "easy" games, solidly beating those 2 teams they played ...

If the Packers can keep up during the first 3 quarters I expect a close game, but if the Vikings take an early 2+ score lead ... I don't think it will be close ...

34-26 Vikings ...

As you noticed, I said "fairly" equal, given homefield advantage, momentum, etc. No one is fooling themselves that the Pack has a better team, but a few weeks ago had I said I think the Pack has a good chance of beating the Vikes I would have been talking smack. Actually, over the years the Vikes had somewhat of a reputation of blowing a good lead, so if they get ahead 14 points in the first half, don't look for a sure win. Pack 31, Vikes 21.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A very close one even a game winning field goal in the last seconds will take this one.

Packs win it 34-31... Rodgers has a great day and keeps feeding off the momentum from last week against the Browns... Favre is to distracted by the fans to play to his best lol. :p

Regardless this game will go either way but Minnesota has taken one in their home, so Green Bay will take this one... Is it just me or does Minnesota and Green Bay seem to always have one of the best match ups in the NFL?

Alot of people talk about the Patriots and the Colts, but if there is one game I love watching its Minnesota and the Packers!!!

There have been some years the nfc north has been downright boring, but this isn't one of them. This should be a nail biter. I would have precicted a 3 point win also, except I think the Pack needs this as a tiebreaker at the end of the season.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can say with certaINTy why you would hope that ... because that will probably be the only chance the Packers will have to win that game ...

Because so far 7 games into the season old Greybeard has thrown alot of those ...

:happy0005:

Remember, the first 3 games he didn't throw beyond 6 yards, but gotta admit he's been doing VERY well since. I'm not counting the one last week against him. I will count the 3 he throws on Sunday.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Remember, the first 3 games he didn't throw beyond 6 yards, but gotta admit he's been doing VERY well since. I'm not counting the one last week against him. I will count the 3 he throws on Sunday.

Sundays game at Lambeau will be a very interesting match to watch, regardless ...

I do have a feeling there will be an interception, but it will not affect the outcome of the game ... - I still think the Vikings will win ...

In terms of performance ... I would say there is more "pressure" on Rodgers than Favre really ... - This is a game where he needs to play "up" to his talent and ability more than ever ...

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sundays game at Lambeau will be a very interesting match to watch, regardless ...

I do have a feeling there will be an interception, but it will not affect the outcome of the game ... - I still think the Vikings will win ...

In terms of performance ... I would say there is more "pressure" on Rodgers than Favre really ... - This is a game where he needs to play "up" to his talent and ability more than ever ...

You will have to cheer for GB if you want to get to that tailgate party in January LOL. There will be tremendous pressure on both quarterbacks, don't know which will have more. Favre chose this competition, Rodgers did not, so maybe Favre has more pressure. The thing is that Favre has 18 years of dealing with high pressure situations, Aaron has not. So far Rodgers has been handling it well, and there have been times in the past Favre has not done so well under the gun.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
You will have to cheer for GB if you want to get to that tailgate party in January LOL. There will be tremendous pressure on both quarterbacks, don't know which will have more. Favre chose this competition, Rodgers did not, so maybe Favre has more pressure. The thing is that Favre has 18 years of dealing with high pressure situations, Aaron has not. So far Rodgers has been handling it well, and there have been times in the past Favre has not done so well under the gun.

We'll see about that ... come January ... hah ... But barring another game at Lambeau Field in January (Play-offs) I'll probably be cheering for the Packers then (at that game ..., unless they are facing Favre and the Vikings yet again hah)

I would say that this is probably the closest Rodgers will come to a "play-off atmosphere" so far (unless the Packers make the play offs this season), alot of focus will be on him be "default", mainly because of the play the o-line of the Packers have shown so far, but also because a loss home to the Vikings will have a larger impact on the Packers season than a Vikings loss will have in Minnesota ...

I'll be sure to post in January to find out where all you guys are going to be "hanging out", - because I won't know anyone "outside" the stadium haha

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I just had to share this, - found it on a Vikings site, way too funny ...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Karen Rodgers "Tee hee Oh You guys...be gentle there..."
Jared Allen "Ugh ...damn Karen ..., You are heavy for a little lady"
Pat Williams "I gotta look good for this shot"
Kevin Williams "Hey there Jared ... looking pretty good"

Even you guys must admit it's rather funny :jester:

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just had to share this, - found it on a Vikings site, way too funny ...

Karen Rodgers "Tee hee Oh You guys...be gentle there..."
Jared Allen "Ugh ...damn Karen ..., You are heavy for a little lady"
Pat Williams "I gotta look good for this shot"
Kevin Williams "Hey there Jared ... looking pretty good"

Even you guys must admit it's rather funny :jester:

LOL That was funny :) :viksux:

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Same ones that whine and ***** that Brett is called Brent by some, are same ones calling Aaron Erin or Karen

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was pretty good, and might actually happen, if our OL do like they did in Minnesota.

However, i still find this funnier:

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean that pass to Lewis that won the game was less than 6 yards? Really so the ball that traveled 50 yards in the air was only a 6 yard pass? Thanks for your knowledge. Much appreciated now get your Pom-poms ready for sunday

Members online

Latest posts