Raji? Not so fast...

Reaction score
nope drugs lead to problems with the team so dont get him hopefully a moron gets him before us we got to hope orakpo comes down to us or we will have to get the penn state de or gerogia tech dude i forgot there names sorry :p

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blazin' B.J.? Not uncommon for athletes to partake of the wacky weed. A certain Olympic gold medalist recently admitted to being a chronic. It's definitely risky as a team to select a player with this kind of history. However, his performance is most certainly not in jeopardy of faltering due to prior use of this banned substance. It's less harmful to the body short-term than alcohol.

I believe the Raji risk-reward ratio is right up TT's alley. He can design a deal such that any suspensions occurring due to any banned substances would greatly reduce or possibly nullify any bonus money or per-year contract dollar amounts. The scrooge TT can almost give 2nd round $$$ for a 1st rounder. This is practically a done deal now.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Wouldn't stop me. It's not steroids. If he's the best player on the board at 9, I still take him.

Favre was hooked on painkillers. If we knew he would be hooked on pills in a few years at the time we traded for him, would you have passed on him?

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre didn't get hooked on painkillers as I recall till after he was here a couple of years.

Furthermore, I think you guys are over/under estimating Thompson by assuming he will draft a DT. Call me Crazy but I think he's going to surprise us again, My guess, is a LB, and OT, or a RB (Moreno anyone?)

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of mocks have us taking a DE or OLB/DE, one I think had us taking a Tackle, but I don't remember which players.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL said they had not received test results yet, I believe, so.... who knows who spreads this rumor.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In his proday, he looked fast and agile despite putting some weight. But he didn't stand out when I watched Penn State play, unlike Brown and Orakpo.

My thoughts about who to take is:
Jason Smith, Monroe, Orakpo, Raji, Brown, then I have pretty much a tie between Cushing, Oher, Maybin and Tyson Jackson (which to me seems like the most solid defensive pick, but doesn't have the same upside as those others, in a more talented draft he would be a second rounder at best, but if you think about it, a lot of others would be too...)

NormalSizedMidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His agent came out today in a press release saying he didn't test positive and he won't be on the list of positive tests sent to the NFL teams. Anyone else think it's possible some NFL team leaked this to SI to try to hurt his draft stock to get him to slide to them?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
NormalSizedMidget said:
His agent came out today in a press release saying he didn't test positive and he won't be on the list of positive tests sent to the NFL teams. Anyone else think it's possible some NFL team leaked this to SI to try to hurt his draft stock to get him to slide to them?
I realize that most people wouldn't, but I'd have a tad more respect for Teddy if he started playing dirty like that. Anything to get your guy, you know?

I realize that it's not Thompson who did that, it was probably just someone who misreported something they heard. But still, it's fun to dream.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
Don't care who did it but the folks who jumped all over it need to be nailed....wrong is wrong !

Rodgersfan1985

Cheesehead
Reaction score
okay so he smokes a little pot BIG DEAL!!!! I mean if hes goona be a playmaker why not take him? I mean hell Ill smoke with him if I see him nail QB's and RB's all season long lol