Post #1,000

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I finally hit 1,000 posts... MOve over Cheesey! I am only 9000 some behind you!

What does everyone think about the Superbowl outcom?

Will the Giants make it 4 wins in a row? will the Patriots become the dominat team of all time by winning a 4th Superbowl in 7 years?

I probably won't watch the Superbowl but Hope the Giants win. Seeing as I dislike Moss and the Patriots. I seriously doubt that the Giants are capable however, of playing any better than they did vs the Pack and I feel that they need to to win this game.

What do you all think?

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats OBI.

I have a feeling you're right. I've been a NYG fan for 43 years and I love them but for them to win they have to play a perfect game. For NE to win they only have to play well.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll just tell you something personal - I'm having a hard time finding people willing to give me 13 points. The Pats may win, but they won't cover the point spread.

I'm rooting heavily for the Giants though. I'm even watching this game. I was thinking earlier of not watching it, but now I want to. My brother's coming over and will probably have some other friends over. I think all of us will be rooting for the Giants.

I don't want to make a prediction though. I don't want to jinx the Giants.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't be cheering for anyone. I want both teams to lose... like maybe they call the game on account of the stadium being built on a Native American burial ground and the spirits are threatening to level the stadium if the game isn't stopped. And maybe Goodell decides that the Superbowl isn't worth playing this year and decides to give me the $120 Billion in profits they're gonna make off of it.

That'd make me happy... then I might watch.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll just tell you something personal - I'm having a hard time finding people willing to give me 13 points. The Pats may win, but they won't cover the point spread.

I'm rooting heavily for the Giants though. I'm even watching this game. I was thinking earlier of not watching it, but now I want to. My brother's coming over and will probably have some other friends over. I think all of us will be rooting for the Giants.

I don't want to make a prediction though. I don't want to jinx the Giants.

I just dont want them to lose dumb.........like having a nice lead and then giving it away.........like the 39-38 debacle to the 49ers in '03. If they lose I hope it's more of a NE win than a Giants loss.
I'm w/you Zombie........They should cover.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just dont want them to lose dumb.........like having a nice lead and then giving it away.........like the 39-38 debacle to the 49ers in '03. If they lose I hope it's more of a NE win than a Giants loss.

The thing is, hate to say this, but if the Pats win, it will be more a Pats win than a Giants loss. It will be because Coughlin couldn't stop the Pats O, like how Coughlin stopped our O.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The hell with it i wouldn't care less who wins ... but i do admit it would be sweet to see the giants take it lol wow what season killer for the patriots

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SNAP said:

The thing is, hate to say this, but if the Pats win, it will be more a Pats win than a Giants loss. It will be because Coughlin couldn't stop the Pats O, like how Coughlin stopped our O.

Yep......I hope their scrutinizing the Charger/Pat game as we speak and see how the Bolts "held" them to 21.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not to bust up the party or anything but why is this in the Packer section?

I think it is packerforum etiquette to allow all posts that reach some kind of milestone. It's a psuedo award of sorts. Freedom.

First 100,200,500,1000, etc... I kinda like it.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Will the Giants make it 4 wins in a row? will the Patriots become the dominat team of all time by winning a 4th Superbowl in 7 years?

I probably won't watch the Superbowl but Hope the Giants win. Seeing as I dislike Moss and the Patriots. I seriously doubt that the Giants are capable however, of playing any better than they did vs the Pack and I feel that they need to to win this game.

What do you all think?
Yeah.....you might catch me....if i croak!!! :lol:

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:

What do you all think?

Maybe.......but you aint croakin' for a long while.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep......I hope their scrutinizing the Charger/Pat game as we speak and see how the Bolts "held" them to 21.

Takeaways. You got to get in Brady's face and make him do something he'll regret.

Then, you got to somehow outscore them or keep Brady off the field because he will score. It's just a question of how much.

The thing is, your team CAN do it. If you running game eats the clock and wears down their D, and you force a few turnovers, you'll pull off an upset. You have 2 solid RBs. And you got the coach who can keep up with Bellichek. I'd so much love to see it happen.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SNAP said:

Takeaways. You got to get in Brady's face and make him do something he'll regret.

Then, you got to somehow outscore them or keep Brady off the field because he will score. It's just a question of how much.

The thing is, your team CAN do it. If you running game eats the clock and wears down their D, and you force a few turnovers, you'll pull off an upset. You have 2 solid RBs. And you got the coach who can keep up with Bellichek. I'd so much love to see it happen.

Now you're starting to convince me.......lol

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and the Giants are riding a wicked hot streak. I know the Pats are undefeated. but they were almost defeated, 4 games ago, by a team that has gotten hotter each game since then.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
and the Giants are riding a wicked hot streak. I know the Pats are undefeated. but they were almost defeated, 4 games ago, by a team that has gotten hotter each game since then.

True and NYG really had nothing to play for in that game other than pride...........and the last 1/4 of the season NE didnt play blowout football that was evident earlier.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

True and NYG really had nothing to play for in that game other than pride...........and the last 1/4 of the season NE didnt play blowout football that was evident earlier.

That's the thing. I get the feeling that the Pats are like Ivan Drago. Their weakness has been discovered. Now, it's just a matter of exploiting it, which will take a lot of heart and pride. I think the Giants can do it. They're playing with heart and pride and it's been evident in every Playoff game they've played.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SNAP said:
bozz_2006 said:

That's the thing. I get the feeling that the Pats are like Ivan Drago. Their weakness has been discovered. Now, it's just a matter of exploiting it, which will take a lot of heart and pride. I think the Giants can do it. They're playing with heart and pride and it's been evident in every Playoff game they've played.

LOL..............Great comparison.........."If he dies...............he dies."

They're playing w/heart & pride because they're tired of people saying that they suck, or they're lucky, or they shouldnt be where they are. Heck, nobody thought they'd beat Detroit(4-0 at home) @ Ford or the Bears @ Soldier, people were even saying that the Bills would beat them in Buffalo but they fooled them all.
I just hope they can do it for one more game.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Obi1 said:

What do you all think?

Maybe.......but you aint croakin' for a long while.
I don't know.........I'm feeling mighty old this week. Yesterday was REALLY bad. The weather here has been so up and down, it affects me alot.