Packers to sign Adrian Amos

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OVER THE MOON RIGHT NOW. if we can resign Breeland and add some talented linebackers, both inside and out, we can actually have a very formidable defense next year.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I also have to say this here, or the signing can't officially take place:

GUTE LOOT!!!

D

Deleted member 6794

FWIW, safety grades over the past three seasons:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be fine with the Packers releasing Williams if they bring back Breeland but it wouldn't be smart to cut Bulaga.

Breeland is the ONLY remaining guy I'm personally a "WE MUST SIGN" honestly. We may find a bargain or two late FA...ala Morrison type guy...perhaps even him again if no one bites on him.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Some more on Amos:

In Amos, the Packers are getting one of the NFL’s most reliable cover safeties while also filling a major need and weakening a division rival.

According to Pro Football Focus, Amos has ranked among the top 10 safeties in coverage grade each of the last two seasons. He was pegged as the No. 11 overall free agent available by the site.

Last season, Amos delivered 73 tackles, two interceptions and nine pass breakups for the Bears’ top defense.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/12/packers-agree-to-sign-former-bears-s-adrian-amos/

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not true at all as Perry is due a $5 million roster bonus in a few days which the team wouldn't have to pay if they released him before then.

So do we have 5m more in cap space this year if we cut him before his bonus is due? Would that save roughly 3 + 5m = 8m in cap space this year? In that case, I would consider cutting Perry, but if we were to only gain 3-4m in cap space by cutting Perry I would strongly be opposed. If the case is the former, maybe cutting him can help us bring in a guy like Barrett?

What does the PRSH rating stand for?

D

Deleted member 6794

So do we have 5m more in cap space this year if we cut him before his bonus is due? Would that save roughly 3 + 5m = 8m in cap space this year? In that case, I would consider cutting Perry, but if we were to only gain 3-4m in cap space by cutting Perry I would strongly be opposed. If the case is the former, maybe cutting him can help us bring in a guy like Barrett?

The Packers would save $3.3 million in cap space by releasing Perry before his roster bonus is due. Afterwards it wouldn't make any sense to cut him as the move would result in an additional cap hit of $1.5 million for 2019.

What does the PRSH rating stand for?

Pass rush.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers would save $3.3 million in cap space by releasing Perry before his roster bonus is due. Afterwards it wouldn't make any sense to cut him as the move would result in an additional cap hit of $1.5 million for 2019.

Pass rush.
Thanks for clarifying.

Honestly I seem to be somewhat outnumbered here, but cutting Perry to save 3m seems unnecessary to me given the state of our edge group. I still think he can be productive, especially when he is not our first edge rusher but our 2nd/3rd guy and even if he only plays 50/50 of the games. Seems wiser to me to see how he fares and cut him next year if he goes MIA again. I believe the dead cap is also significantly smaller if we cut him next year.

D

Deleted member 6794

Thanks for clarifying.

Honestly I seem to be somewhat outnumbered here, but cutting Perry to save 3m seems unnecessary to me given the state of our edge group. I still think he can be productive, especially when he is not our first edge rusher but our 2nd/3rd guy and even if he only plays 50/50 of the games. Seems wiser to me to see how he fares and cut him next year if he goes MIA again. I believe the dead cap is also significantly smaller if we cut him next year.

You have to realize that in total the Packers would save close to $11 million in cap space by releasing Perry before the roster bonus is due.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hyped for these two moves, it does take some pressure off at the draft. I do wonder if we still go edge at 12 tho.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm hyped for these two moves, it does take some pressure off at the draft. I do wonder if we still go edge at 12 tho.
These moves show me that some offensive reinforcements are on their way with some of our draft capitol. Loving the way this is shaping up so far.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
4 years 37 million on Amos with incentives. 14 million in year one, 21 million in first two years.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If those numbers are correct, then Amos is the bargain of FA thus far.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way we got Amos for that is there??? Oh calm my beating heart if it is! GUTE FOR POTUS!

Members online

No members online now.