Packers Managment

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Packers & Oannes

cheesey said:
I STILL have trouble understanding..............WHY call yourself a fan of a certain team, if you don't feel they have a snowballs chance in hell of winning? I mean.......if they win, its a "fluke". What is it if they lose then?
I watched the Packers through the 1970's and 80's. I KNEW they sucked, but HOPED every week they would win. I didn't go around screaming how lousy they were. Oh, i was made FUN of by many people cause i still loved and backed them, no matter how awful they were.
You don't love them because they are great, you love them because they are YOURS.

I don't know why you have a hard time understanding this Cheesey.

Just because you don't think your team is the FRIGGIN 85' Bears doesn't mean you are any more of a fan than me.

We don't have to like the GM, we don't have to like anybody. When TT wins my opinion of him will change. Until then, I will be critical, and like it or not, it's my right to do so.

In the end my fandom is what drives me. I feel like TT is a disaster, right or wrong, and I want someone in there who is better suited for the job.
No where have i compared my team to the 85 Bears, or even the 96 Packers. And you can hate whoever you want. But don't act like I'm an idiot for thinking the Packers can have a decent season next year. You are condescending in all your posts about anyone that doesn't see everything as you do. You call people names, then attack them for name calling. (See your "hypocrite" statement reguarding me) You do the same things you judge others about.
You "Feel like TT is a disaster".......well, thats ALL it is, your feeling. He sure hasn't proved you right yet. He hasn't proven me right yet either. Thats where I am objective, and you are not. I think anyone deserves a chance to prove themselves before canning them. You want instant gradification, and if you don't get it, you want to fire everyone. You want to cook "Minute Rice" in 15 seconds.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

pyledriver80 said:
cheesey said:
I STILL have trouble understanding..............WHY call yourself a fan of a certain team, if you don't feel they have a snowballs chance in hell of winning? I mean.......if they win, its a "fluke". What is it if they lose then?
I watched the Packers through the 1970's and 80's. I KNEW they sucked, but HOPED every week they would win. I didn't go around screaming how lousy they were. Oh, i was made FUN of by many people cause i still loved and backed them, no matter how awful they were.
You don't love them because they are great, you love them because they are YOURS.

Just because you don't think your team is the FRIGGIN 85' Bears doesn't mean you are any more of a fan than me.

We don't have to like the GM, we don't have to like anybody. When TT wins my opinion of him will change. Until then, I will be critical, and like it or not, it's my right to do so.

In the end my fandom is what drives me. I feel like TT is a disaster, right or wrong, and I want someone in there who is better suited for the job.
No where have i compared my team to the 85 Bears, or even the 96 Packers. And you can hate whoever you want. But don't act like I'm an idiot for thinking the Packers can have a decent season next year. You are condescending in all your posts about anyone that doesn't see everything as you do. You call people names, then attack them for name calling. (See your "hypocrite" statement reguarding me) You do the same things you judge others about.
You "Feel like TT is a disaster".......well, thats ALL it is, your feeling. He sure hasn't proved you right yet. He hasn't proven me right yet either. Thats where I am objective, and you are not. I think anyone deserves a chance to prove themselves before canning them. You want instant gradification, and if you don't get it, you want to fire everyone. You want to cook "Minute Rice" in 15 seconds.

While EVERYONE does have the right to psot how he feels, I think Alan NAILED it on how we view Pyles posts towards anyone that disaggress with him.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanks for the clarification. What I'm filtering my opinions through is objectivity. I don't want to turn my brain off and my brain honestly came to the conclusions that have been oh so popular here.

I actually like this issue of the Bears victory. That is the single most engine driving this unfounded "optimism" for next season.

Here's a question for you for objectivity and balance's sake...

Let's assume Green Bay is 13-2 going into the final game of the regular season and has home field sewn up for the playoffs. Earlier in the year we destroyed the Bears every way imaginable. The Bears come to Lambeau for the last game of the season and beat us pretty good.

What are your honest thoughts on why we would've lost that game? It certainly wouldn't be because you thought the Bears were better and that you should look out for them next season. Do you think because of that loss the Bears are now worried the Packers are going to dethrone them? I don't think so.

My goodness I hope you can all see how wrong you are about thinking that win over the Bears meant much of anything. Cripes the week before we barely beat a team AT HOME who is every bit the rival Chicago is by a score of 9-7. That Viking team started a guy from Div II who never started a game in his career. By your logic, the Vikings are going to run roughshod over us because that was only his first game and he will IMPROVE. My goodness. This is bizarre. We beat the Bears in a totally meaningless game and our fans are acting like it's some great predictor for 2007? Look at the JETS AND PATS and VIKING game and then reassess the situation.

To be honest, if we were 13-2 and we had our biggest rivals coming to Green Bay right before we headed into the playoffs, I would be very upset about a 26-7 thrashing. And yes, if Chicago had been starting rookies and 2nd year players all year, with a rookie head coach, and whupped on us in week 17 after we beat them in week 1, I would most definitely think that they had improved. How could you not? I don't know if your theory is that they went out there and played at 50% to avoid injury or something, but that's the best way TO get injured. What you saw was potential translating to confidence and execution.

But let's speak "objectively", shall we? 26-7. We were far and away the best team on the field that day, and that's the only "objective" conclusion you or anybody else can make about it.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

cheesey said:
pyledriver80 said:
cheesey said:

While EVERYONE does have the right to psot how he feels, I think Alan NAILED it on how we view Pyles posts towards anyone that disaggress with him.

You guys defend him jus as much as I knock him. The problem is you guys disagree with most EVERYTHING to disagree.

Go look at Oannes post and see how 25 people came to defend TT when he had a logical argument. Not only that but then it turns to personal insults.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers & Oannes

Why then before the game did Lovie say he was not going to make the same mistake as the previous year and coast into the playoffs taking the last week off?

The Chicago Bears as a team went into this game both intent on staying sharp and carrying momentum into the playoffs.

REX GROSSMAN took the week off. Not the Bears. Rexy played like **** and it went from bad to worse but do not think the Bears came into that game with anything less than a win in mind.

What you are proposing is that guys like Brigg's and Urlacher are going to go out onto a football field and decide " I don't really care about this game". Like Urlacher saw a RB with the ball and said "why bother"?

Sorry. I'm not buying that one. If that's what the Bears intended they would have done by letting them sit. Once you go on the field you go out to win.

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers & Oannes

Packers would've likely lost at Chicago last year if the Bears weren't in safe mode

if the bears were as good as you say they were and if were as bad as you say we are shouldnt they have atleast contented in the game even if they were in "safe mode"?

they were lucky to score in the end. and it didnt seem like they were in "safe mode" in the 1st half and thats the time we really dominated them.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Why then before the game did Lovie say he was not going to make the same mistake as the previous year and coast into the playoffs taking the last week off?

The Chicago Bears as a team went into this game both intent on staying sharp and carrying momentum into the playoffs.

REX GROSSMAN took the week off. Not the Bears. Rexy played like **** and it went from bad to worse but do not think the Bears came into that game with anything less than a win in mind.

What you are proposing is that guys like Brigg's and Urlacher are going to go out onto a football field and decide " I don't really care about this game". Like Urlacher saw a RB with the ball and said "why bother"?

Sorry. I'm not buying that one. If that's what the Bears intended they would have done by letting them sit. Once you go on the field you go out to win.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/results.nsf/Teams/1996-gb

1996, Packers won last 5 games...not just winning but dominating them...went on to win the Sb

1997 again won the last 5 games, not as dominate as prior year, but still won..Denver in 97 dominated their last game of the season.

98 Denver once again won their last game of the season.

Last year Colts won last game of the season

Pitt won their last 4 games in 2005

2004 N.E won their last game, by a huge margin..They could have had a 9 game winning streak heading into the playoffs but let the Dolphins beat

2003 again N.E 12 game winning streak to end the season. and last game blew out Bills 31-0

2002 TB won last game vs the Bears 15-0

2001 NE 6 game winning streak to end season, and DEMOLISHED the Panthers on last game of the year 38-6

Point of all this? It looks like for a long time winners of the SB in the past, have won the last game of the year even knowing they had everything all locked up.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Packers would've likely lost at Chicago last year if the Bears weren't in safe mode

if the bears were as good as you say they were and if were as bad as you say we are shouldnt they have atleast contented in the game even if they were in "safe mode"?

they were lucky to score in the end. and it didnt seem like they were in "safe mode" in the 1st half and thats the time we really dominated them.

See my last post Steve, cuz I agree with you, and I am guessing lot of people do as well..It seems like the majority of people that think the Bears just mailed it in, are the ones that are extrmely upset at Ted and his ways..

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Exactly, plus the Bears/Packers are a helluva rivalry. I just can't imagine a team sluffing it off the last game of the regular season in front of a national audience before entering the post season.

I don't know who could have won, but to say the Bears didn't try is, well showing lack of objectivity to put it plain an simple. I think the Bears did lose interest in the second half and if it was a game they NEEDED they could have came back and made it close and perhaps won.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers & Oannes

What makes anyone think the Bears ever would let the Packers roll over them in a game by intention? This is the greatest rivalry in pro football and the Bears played their starters, it's a game nobody wants to lose.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

warhawk said:

Exactly, plus the Bears/Packers are a helluva rivalry. I just can't imagine a team sluffing it off the last game of the regular season in front of a national audience before entering the post season.

I don't know who could have won, but to say the Bears didn't try is, well showing lack of objectivity to put it plain an simple. I think the Bears did lose interest in the second half and if it was a game they NEEDED they could have came back and made it close and perhaps won.

Its to easy for the nay sayers to just say the Bears mailed it in, and not that maybe the Packers were playing very good that night.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Packers & Oannes

Yeah, as most know in the NFL anything can happen on ANY GIVEN SUNDAY. I think the Bears were the better team, but the Packers just upset them. It happens all the time in sports, I don't know why this time has to be considered null.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, as most know in the NFL anything can happen on ANY GIVEN SUNDAY. I think the Bears were the better team, but the Packers just upset them. It happens all the time in sports, I don't know why this time has to be considered null.

But then of course if you go beyond that game and point out we absolutely HANDED Buffalo the game, GAVE away the ST. Louis game, and had the Saints by the short hairs all you will get is some mumble back "no, you can't say that, blah, blah, blah, the Bears tanked we should have been 7-9."

If, in fact, we were so fortunate to play the Bears when we did what is your call on our fortunes when we played these three other teams I have named?

I mean I recall no games where we clearly got the **** kicked out of us and yet we won.

Seems to me we were 1-3 in the good fortune end of the stick doesn't it?

Which put's the slant we WERE LUCKY NOT TO BE 7-9 out there as a reach if you ask me.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers & Oannes

Rexy just isn't that good of a quarterback, and we came out aggressive and handed him his butt. I don't think he suited up planning on playing at 25%. It was really weak of him to throw that out there after the criticism came down on him too. It was a copout. If it was true, and he had admitted before the game that he was going to half *** it, or even if his teammates could tell on the field that he was, people like Urlacher would've been ALL over him.

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers & Oannes

I don't think I've ever been in more disbelief over things I've seen on a message board concerning the Green Bay Packers ever.

Do you think the Bears were the same team in the playoffs they were the last week of the season? No way. How on earth would you expect the Bears to make it all the way to the SuperBowl if they were as bad as they were that last night of the regular season? It seems to me you all think if we would've been in the playoffs we would've walked all over Chicago and made our march to the Bowl. That would've never have happened and I can't even believe you think that game meant what it meant.

How'd our team perform THE PREVIOUS TWO WEEKS? We struggled with both DETROIT and MINNESOTA (two horrendous teams) at HOME, no less, and you draw conclusions from ONE absolutely MEANINGLESS game to the Bears?

Wow. That is about all I can say.

I just have to keep reminding myself that you honestly believe this team went from barely beating Minnesota A RIVAL on NATIONAL TV the week before and improved that much in one game. The Vikings, started a Division II rookie who'd never started in the NFL. We narrowly escaped on a late FG for crying out loud. That is our improved late season Packers were talking about who barely beat a Vikings team with a rookie debuting QB.

What is the more reasonable explanation for us beating the Bears like that?

1) They're a rival----- NO. The Vikes were a rival.
2) It was on National TV....NO. The Pack/Vikes was on national TV.
3) The Bears had no incentive to win.... DING DING DING...Correct.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Packers & Oannes

Just like I have to do with the girlfriend I'll do with you since it seems the only way you'll shut up about it.

Honey, you are right, I am wrong, I'll sleep on the couch tonight.

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers & Oannes

Amen! Hopefully, you'll read my post in another thread and finally see the light. If you can't then I think I'll apply the same approach you did.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Amen! Hopefully, you'll read my post in another thread and finally see the light. If you can't then I think I'll apply the same approach you did.

It works on you, but won't on me because it only works on women :p heh

Seriously though I see your point, I just think you're too close minded about things and only see things YOUR way. That to me is arrogant and I share a similar approach at times. I always end up opening up though because I don't like being the guy who just doesn't get "it".

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers & Oannes

I'm very open to any and all ideas. For me my positions on things are things I've mulled in my head for quite some time. I think of what could be said to counter my beliefs and analyze if there's merit to them before deciding what I really believe. Does this mean I'm saying I can never be wrong? No.

There is not one thing I've read on this Bears game deal that has changed my mind one bit. It was what it was a win over a team with nothing to play for. Unimpressive.

I can't believe that if everyone honestly assessed the available data that they wouldn't come to the same conclusion as I have. I'm speaking soley to this particular point. This one is about as irrefutable as any out there regarding this club.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Packers & Oannes

Hey, I'm not saying because we beat the Bears we are a playoff team. All I am saying is don't knock the Packers for beating the Bears. They won. When they lose you don't throw in the this or thats so why do it when they win?

All I'm saying is, we beat the Bears starters in the first half, we played a sound game and no it doesn't mean we are playoff bound, but it is an improvement.

We did improve from the first game to the last game. That would the point I feel shouldn't be overlooked.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I don't think I've ever been in more disbelief over things I've seen on a message board concerning the Green Bay Packers ever.

Do you think the Bears were the same team in the playoffs they were the last week of the season? No way. How on earth would you expect the Bears to make it all the way to the SuperBowl if they were as bad as they were that last night of the regular season? It seems to me you all think if we would've been in the playoffs we would've walked all over Chicago and made our march to the Bowl. That would've never have happened and I can't even believe you think that game meant what it meant.

How'd our team perform THE PREVIOUS TWO WEEKS? We struggled with both DETROIT and MINNESOTA (two horrendous teams) at HOME, no less, and you draw conclusions from ONE absolutely MEANINGLESS game to the Bears?

Wow. That is about all I can say.

I just have to keep reminding myself that you honestly believe this team went from barely beating Minnesota A RIVAL on NATIONAL TV the week before and improved that much in one game. The Vikings, started a Division II rookie who'd never started in the NFL. We narrowly escaped on a late FG for crying out loud. That is our improved late season Packers were talking about who barely beat a Vikings team with a rookie debuting QB.

What is the more reasonable explanation for us beating the Bears like that?

1) They're a rival----- NO. The Vikes were a rival.
2) It was on National TV....NO. The Pack/Vikes was on national TV.
3) The Bears had no incentive to win.... DING DING DING...Correct.

you keep saying read your post and we have, but have you read ours??

No one has said the Packers would have marched to the SB...The Packers were the BETTER team just for that one night, cuz that is what the score reflects..

Zero and I both said that on any given sunday any one can win..And that is what happened that night..

just like Carolina and how they beat NO..Or how Detroit beat Dallas
( Dallas must have really sucked for them to lose to Detroit)

For me I find it VERY hard to believe that the Bears mailed it in from the get go.....Lovie made it clear that from day one, he wanted to beat the packers, why would it be any different for that game?

And as I posted before, a majority of teams that won SB in the past have DOMINATED teams in their last regular season games...I found that very interesting..for everyone that says rest your starters for last game, it doesnt seem to work out as good...

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers & Oannes

I think the point of this whole thing is taking the approach that the Packers were LUCKY to be 8-8 because they played the Bears when they did is extremely narrow minded and conveniently slanting a position based on 1/16th of an entire season.

It apparently does not sufice to say that we were very UNLUCKY in the loss to Buffalo game. While it is perfectly logical to use numbers like total tackles, or whatever, to compare two players when YOU feel like doing so it is completely illogical to say we pretty much got screwed based on the numbers produced in that game.

You mention games we "struggled in" the two weeks prior to the Bears game against the Lions and the Vikes. Any comments about the games against both of these teams that the Bears PULLED OUT OF THEIR ***.

Were they maybe also games the Bears didn't try very hard to win.

You do remember those games to right?

Sit tight boys. I'm sure you can't wait for a huge ration of rationale because I'm quite certain it's coming.

Staff online

Latest posts