Packers linebacker Barnett arrested

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Pushing a woman regardless of her 'egging' you on is inexcusable. If it was life threatening and you had to shove her to protect your life, fine. Otherwise, its wrong.
He's a professional athlete, he's not ignorant to how the world works. He knows people want to take the easy road by ******** "stars" over. He needs to be smarter if that is what happened.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Pushing a woman regardless of her 'egging' you on is inexcusable. If it was life threatening and you had to shove her to protect your life, fine. Otherwise, its wrong.
He's a professional athlete, he's not ignorant to how the world works. He knows people want to take the easy road by ******** "stars" over. He needs to be smarter if that is what happened.[/quote

Actually Z2C it could be construed that he did defend himself. Her constant and unwanted approaches topped off by throwing a drink in his face is assault on its own. Lets say she is so hammered goes to throw just the drink and the glass or bottle hits him in the head. Not saying he was right to shove her but she should have been in the tank right along with him. I was a police officer and I can tell you that some domestic violence (male Female) can be precipitated by the female party. Just because someone is 100 lbs soaking wet does not mean they cannot do damage. The Police in this situation should have taken the report and just sent it to the DA for review and let it in his hands. Best practice in most cases. Or just cite both for Disorderly conduct and move on with the day.

At least it was a shove could you imagine if a guy did that to him.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Actually, no. Read what I said without being technical.

I know females can start quite a bit. I've had my share of psychotic women in my day :) I've been hit, pinched, shoved, punched all done with the purpose of tagging me on to get violent back with her. Never worked. The worst that I ever did was cross her arms in front of her while behind her and contain her until she calmed down.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, no. Read what I said without being technical.

I know females can start quite a bit. I've had my share of psychotic women in my day :) I've been hit, pinched, shoved, punched all done with the purpose of tagging me on to get violent back with her. Never worked. The worst that I ever did was cross her arms in front of her while behind her and contain her until she calmed down.
The thing is, we don't know WHAT kind of "shove" it was. Did he just try to get her out of his face and pushed her away to arms length? It's obviuos he didn't SHOVE her where she was injured. If she was, it would have been all over the news. Is he supposed to just let her get in close where maybe she can gouge his eyes or something?
Men don't usually report when they get physically abused by a woman, because they KNOW they will be ridiculed on top of the smack down they got from the woman.
If she DID throw a glass in his face, i'd say he showed alot of self control by not doing anything but push her away from him.
I was also taught never to strike a woman, and i never have and don't ever plan to. None of us were there to actually SEE what lead up to this, or just how bad a "shove" it really was.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
So now it was a 'push' not a 'shove'? Is this being posted by ESPN writers? Cus I'm getting that feeling here.

I never said I was there. I said shoving a woman regardless of whats going on is unacceptable, period. If your life is in danger, then I can understand. Otherwise in my view its wrong.

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought this would be a little better news for Barnett, but I agree with Z2C, you don't push a woman for any reason. My bet is Barnett gets warned but it will probably depend on whether the charges stick.

Barnett provoked?

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see a lot of people basing their opinions on hypothetical situations. My recommendation is to just wait and see what the official investigation turns up. While I'll agree that no one should abuse another human being because of physical superiority, I also feel that people have the right to preserve their rights within the boundaries of the law.

But regardless of what the investigation turns up, this is the 3rd reported incident with Barnett in physical confrontations with others in the last couple of years. Either he needs to get some help in dealing with any problems he may have in dealing with such situations in a more appropriate way, or he needs some help in finding ways to keep from getting into such situations in the first place.

If not, others are going to do it for him.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So now it was a 'push' not a 'shove'? Is this being posted by ESPN writers? Cus I'm getting that feeling here.

I never said I was there. I said shoving a woman regardless of whats going on is unacceptable, period. If your life is in danger, then I can understand. Otherwise in my view its wrong.
Please don't get the impression that i thinks is okey dokey to shove a woman.
What i'm saying is none of us were there to see what really happened all around. Maybe he didn't even touch her, and she's just accusing him cause she was pissed at him.
And a woman has no more right to get violent towards a man then a man does towards a woman. Just because she doesn't have a ***** doesn't give her a free pass to throw a glass into someone's face.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I don't need to have been there to know that shoving a woman to the ground is wrong. Again, I never said I was there. Also, who knows how accurate the article is?

Barnett is a professional athlete who is most surely in excellent shape. He's something like what 250? The girl he 'shoved' was probably 100 less. If someone was grabbing his arm and he tried to shrug them off and they fell, it'd defintely be written up as a "shove".

The point I made was no matter WHAT, its wrong to be shoving a woman to the ground. I never said I was there, I never said thats what happened. Stop twisting my words around.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
zero, there arent any girls on here... so you can drop the hero talk. haha... believe me there are plenty of instances where its perfectly fine to shove a woman to the ground... mostly having to do with intimate relations... but nonetheless.

admit, it... punching a girl in the ***** is funny. mean, uncalled for... but funny.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't need to have been there to know that shoving a woman to the ground is wrong. Again, I never said I was there. Also, who knows how accurate the article is?

Barnett is a professional athlete who is most surely in excellent shape. He's something like what 250? The girl he 'shoved' was probably 100 less. If someone was grabbing his arm and he tried to shrug them off and they fell, it'd defintely be written up as a "shove".

The point I made was no matter WHAT, its wrong to be shoving a woman to the ground. I never said I was there, I never said thats what happened. Stop twisting my words around.
I'm NOT trying to twist your words around. Don't get your "*******" in a bundle.
If you read what i wrote, you would see i'm AGREEING with you.
If she grabbed his arm and he tried to pull it away from her, is that wrong for him to do? Does she have a right to paw at him? A drunken woman can be dangerous, no matter what she weighs. If he gave her a hard shove to the ground he was wrong. If he tried to pull his arm away from her i have no problem with that. Heck, I'm not big and strong as Barnett, and if he told me to leave him alone and I didn't and i grabbed him, i wouldn't think he would be wrong to pull away from me. Oh.....but i have ******** hanging between my legs, so he's probably floor me!
I have been harassed by drunk women when i was younger, and had to pull myself away from her. That was the only way to get away, as talking didn't work. I did NOT hit, or shove. I DID yank my arm away though. I was smart enough to leave right away , before things could have escalated.
When you are any kind of a "star" though, anything you do will be magnified and blown out of proportion so someone can get a front page "scoop" on a story.
I would rather wait to see if the FACTS come out before i'm willing to find Barnett guilty of anything.
If he DID get violent, then he should be disciplined, no doubt.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I read the first line and stopped and now commencing to remove *******.

Caught the last few words too. Again, I stated an opinion about a situation. A man shoving a woman to the ground. I never said Barnett DID this. Stop twisting!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read the first line and stopped and now commencing to remove *******.

Caught the last few words too. Again, I stated an opinion about a situation. A man shoving a woman to the ground. I never said Barnett DID this. Stop twisting!
"Come on baby, lets do the twist!"
Zero.....i did NOT say you said he did! (Geez.......PLEASE stop reading more into what i wrote then was said!) I said NONE of us knows what really happened! I did NOT say you knew that he shoved her to the ground!
Geez.....are you TRYING to fight with me??? Please STOP!!!
(Or i'm gonna have to shove you to the ground!!!) :rotflmao:

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Not fighting. Women getting roughed up is an extremely sensitive area for me. I was just throwing my general opinion on the issue which had nothing directly linked to Barnett and/or his actions as even though I COULD have been there, I was not. Hence, why you haven't seen me throw out a irrational suggestion that we should trade him based on his alleged shoving of a woman.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not fighting. Women getting roughed up is an extremely sensitive area for me.

Did someone beat you up recently?

(sorry i couldnt resist!)

((Carry on, nothing to see here))

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Not fighting. Women getting roughed up is an extremely sensitive area for me.

Did someone beat you up recently?

(sorry i couldnt resist!)

((Carry on, nothing to see here))

Ironically I have yet to have that experience of getting beat up. You think I would have many times with how cocky I am though. I'm sure it'll happen though. It should be great fun.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have never hit a woman either.....don't plan to start!
I don't respect woman beaters either. My Dad taught me never to hit a woman, and to respect them.
I have never been beaten up either, although i did get sucker punched on two occasions. One was when i was in highschool........got kicked in the back of the head and then punched in the side of the face.(The punk had a black belt in karate) I didn't even see the guy till he walked passed me as I hit the ground. (I didn't drop my books though!) :thumbsup:

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know...they want equality, but scream bloody murder when they get smacked back! ****ing feminism has done wonderful stuff in our society.....turned women into man wannabes, and little boys into a bunch of *******!! (Note: Sarcasm, people!)

Oh, perviously someone suggested that the woman in the Barnett case weighs "100 lbs or less". OK....this IS Wisconsin....and as much as I love the Motherland, the chances of encountering a "100 pound or less" woman are akin to the Queens winning a Super Bowl. Unless, of course, you are hanging around school yards.

Hey Zero...wanna go kick some puppies and club some baby seals at the zoo later today....Mr. Tough Guy??

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Cheesy. I have also always believed that a woman forfeits her "right" to protection from stronger males when she strikes the first blow. She has NO inalienable right to vent her rage and cause possible pain to a man w/o giving up her claim to "weakness". A woman is just as responsible for her actions as any man. And a drunk female can be every bit as nasty as a man, believe me. Demanding equality is an admirable thing but it carries with it responsibilities also. I despise the hypocrisy of people who demand more from others than they are willing to place upon themselves. If a 97 lb. weakling has a few too many and pushes a 250# guy, who is to blame for what ensues? I don't blame Barnett one damned bit for trying to defend himself. He has that RIGHT!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to sound too pushy, but can anyone answer my previous question and the reason I dug up this thread? I just haven't heard anything new about it and was wondering if it's dropped or what's going on....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts