Packers linebacker Barnett arrested

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Packers linebacker Barnett arrested after disturbance at Appleton nightclub
Gannett Wisconsin Newspapers

APPLETON — Green Bay Packers linebacker Nick Barnett was arrested after a disturbance early today at a downtown Appleton tavern, police said.

According to a police statement, Barnett was involved in a physical altercation about 2 a.m. at the nightclub known as Wet, 344 W. College Ave. He was subsequently arrested for battery and was confined to the Outagamie County Jail a few blocks away.

He was released later and appeared this afternoon at Packers teammate Brett Favre’s annual charity softball game, held at Fox Cities Stadium in Grand Chute. He was not immediately available for comment.

The Packers selected Barnett, 26, out of Oregon State in the first round of the 2003 draft. He is in his fifth season with the team.

Police asked that anyone with information about the nightclub incident contact the department at (920) 832-5500.

Same article, updated.
APPLETON — Green Bay Packers linebacker Nick Barnett was arrested after a disturbance early today at a downtown Appleton tavern, police said.
[align=right]
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
[/align]
According to a police statement, Barnett was involved in a physical altercation about 2 a.m. at the nightclub known as Wet, 344 W. College Ave. He was subsequently arrested for battery and was confined to the Outagamie County Jail a few blocks away.

He was released from jail within an hour after posting a $500 cash bond.

He appeared this afternoon at Packers teammate Brett Favre’s annual charity softball game, held at Fox Cities Stadium in Grand Chute. He was not immediately available for comment.

Appleton police said today that they were releasing no further information on the incident, except for a brief press release they issued in the morning.

Jail records show Barnett, 26, was booked into the jail at 3:06 a.m. and released on bond at 4:06.

Police call logs show 13 Appleton officers responded to the call of a disturbance at the corner of College Avenue and Division Street at 1:57 a.m.

A half-dozen officers had responded to a call at the tavern an hour earlier. That call was listed as an alcohol violation, and was cleared by arrest, but details were not available Sunday to determine if the two calls were related.

Police also called for medical assistance at the College and Division intersection at 2:12 a.m., records show.

The Packers selected Barnett out of Oregon State University in the first round of the 2003 draft. He is in his fifth season with the team, and had been involved in a controversy over a nightclub he owned, the FiveSix Ultra Lounge in Green Bay.

The club closed earlier this year after it temporarily lost its liquor license because of numerous police calls.

Police asked that anyone with information about the incident at Wet contact the department at (920) 832-5500

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
I doubt that's the whole story.

He's not the type of person to start fights.

correct me if I am wrong, but didnt he choke a DJ at a Milwaukee nightclub a few years back? Or get into some sort of altercation at the nightclub.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
.....He's not the type of person to start fights.

Hmmm... this is from awhile ago

By Andy Nelesen Green Bay Press Gazette
Green Bay Packers lineacker Nick Barnett was kicked out of a Milwaukee nightclub early Tuesday after allegedly attacking the venue’s emcee and being part of a group that caused trouble in the club’s VIP area.
Barnett, 24, was not arrested or ticketed, but the emcee said he plans to file a complaint with Milwaukee police.
May said Barnett grabbed him and started choking him,“At that point, I was afraid for my life. I was really scared,” May said..............

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
.....He's not the type of person to start fights.

Green Bay Packers lineacker Nick Barnett was kicked out of a Milwaukee nightclub early Tuesday after allegedly attacking the venue’s emcee and being part of a group that caused trouble in the club’s VIP area.
Barnett, 24, was not arrested or ticketed, but the emcee said he plans to file a complaint with Milwaukee police.
May said Barnett grabbed him and started choking him,“At that point, I was afraid for my life. I was really scared,” May said..............

That is what I was refering to in my last post, thanks vikes

jthill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
" He was subsequently arrested for battery and was confined to the Outagamie County Jail a few blocks away. "

Sorry but the jails name is just plain funny, :rotflmao: even though I doubt he will be suspended for any amount of games. You never know though with Mr. Goodell and his itchy trigger finger.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Women's
Entertainment
Tavern

Is this the same WET??

"WET is an exclusively women's entertainment venue. Men are not permitted after 3pm and should not attempt to enter the club."

He must have been picking someone up for a ride at closing time.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the butcher is getting ready...

if he really did assault someone, and doesnt get cleared.... thats a sure fire suspension with Goddell.

that would be devastating.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What a baby

Reaction score
Damn, the mugshot makes me think the dude might have been drunk.

But the most important thing right now is that Barnett may face the new commissioner's wrath. I don't think he'd miss more than a couple of weeks, maybe 4 tops. Surely if Tank Johnson only got 8 weeks, Barnett won't get anywhere near as that.

I wonder what MM plans to do about this.

This is the first sort of incidence like this under his watch, so I'm more interested in seeing how he responds to this. I hope at the very least, McCarthy has a few words with Barnett to remind him that he should be more responsible when going out and partying.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
drunk a-dap? ya think?

fighting at 2 am in the club...im sure everybody was sauced up.

as far as what MM will say to the media.

"we don't condone that type of behavior here blah blah blah. nick made a mistake blah blah blah. i believe this will be an isolated incident blah blah blah. the packers will take steps to ensure situations like this won't occur again blah blah blah..."

what MM will say to Barnett.

"hey Nick. don't do that **** again."

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way he gets suspended. Getting in a fight at a nightclub is no big deal. I got in a fight last wednesday. jerramy stevens has committed repeated offenses. a lot of guys have been arrested for fighting charges. any other incidents by barnett could trigger a suspension. but i think the commish will give him one more shot. one fight is nothing compared to tank johnson, chris henry, pacman, or odell thurman.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
suspension or no suspencion, it's irrelavent. What is relavent is this guys history. If I were in his shoes, I'd stay as far away from the things that get him in trouble as I could. If the man can't handle his drink, then don't drink. He's a professional football player, sometimes idiots decide to challenge a guy to make a name for themselves. You have to know that happens, so get the hell out of there at an earlier hour so you're not there at the time things like this happen. Go back to your hotel and party there. Barnett is a grown man and he should know better. The fact that he doesn't, is what concerns me.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was hoping to see Hodge get some more playing time this year, but hopefully it won't come at the expense of Barnett being suspended. This sucks.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett is a fine player. Sometimes he's a little too aggressive on the field and over runs plays instead of staying home and taking care of his assignment. Apparently he has those same tendencies in his personal life.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohh come on pack... the last thing we need in green bay is people tellin the players to stay in a room and party.

jesus christ its already hard enough to get free agents in wisconsin... now your saying that some drunk redneck can talk junk, spout off and then sue him when he hits him in a drunken stupor.... and its the players fault??

i mean we need to see all the details... but NFL player or not... bar fights happen, and if your choking someone its usually more of a defensive tactic than throwing haymakers.

Players go out and party, its what normal 20 somethings do. you cant tell 20 somethings to stay at home and dont go out, or youll never sign another draft pick. much less free agents.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts