Other NFC North Notables

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone been following the other NFC north teams? (All that I have been following is the Pack).

Are there any areas that should concern the Pack (maybe one team's D or O line, or special teams)?

Are there any glaring weaknesses of other teams that we can exploit?

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The lions secondary i would guess they traded Dre Bly and dont really have anyone back there. Fernado Bryant and Stanley Wilson as starting CB's I think

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aren't the Vikings starting a new QB? How is he doing? Imagine a new QB against our blitz. I giggle.

Tarvaris Jackson... expect more of this with him at qb and our blitz package.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mi_keys said:
Aren't the Vikings starting a new QB? How is he doing? Imagine a new QB against our blitz. I giggle.

Tarvaris Jackson... expect more of this with him at qb and our blitz package.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

hahahahahhaha talk about worse case scenario....

id say your offensive line has issues when not one DE, NOT TWO DE's but TWO DE's and a hard hitting linebacker are crumbling your QB.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears look pretty solid again this year. Even with Rex Grossman. The Lions didn't look that great early on and did better in the 2nd pre season.

Tavaris Jackson has looked good so far but other than that the Vikings haven't jumped out at me.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
On a individual note, the DE Mark Anderson from the bears apparently has added more moves to his game. Comming off a rookie year with 12 sacks, that doesn't sound good.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Tavaris Jackson has looked good so far but other than that the Vikings haven't jumped out at me.

but Porky they got Fergy now!!! surely that jumps out at ya

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears are heads and tails above anyone in our division; yes even you're Packers! Last season Green Bay played OK against bad teams and got smoked by good teams. Plan on seeing more of that this year. Playing well in preseason and playing well in the regular season are two different things entirely. 5 wins, maybe 6 if everything goes your way!

Pack93z

Reaction score
The Bears are heads and tails above anyone in our division; yes even you're Packers! Last season Green Bay played OK against bad teams and got smoked by good teams. Plan on seeing more of that this year. Playing well in preseason and playing well in the regular season are two different things entirely. 5 wins, maybe 6 if everything goes your way!

What was the score of the final game of the season again?

Oh... wait that was a meaningless game, I forgot...

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll let me see; Tommie Harris out for the year, Mike Brown out for the year, Charles Tillman didn't play, and Lovie Smith said before the game that he was going to pull most of the starters at half time. The Bears didn't care if they won or lost the game! Period! Green Bay beat two lame teams (Vikes and Lions) and one that waived the white flag before the game even started! Green Bay went home and the Bears went to the Super Bowl. You have a bad team! End of discussion!

P.S Benson ran for 109 yards on 13 carries, the Bears could of run him the entire game; but why It's just the Packers!

Pack93z

Reaction score
Alas you forget that you have Rex... so that brings your team from contender to pretender in a split second... but continue on :razz:

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre QB rating 72.7

Rex Grossman QB rating 73.9

You guys think Grossman is just horrible yet the Bears went to the Super Bowl with him.

If Grossman improves even a little bit this team will be better.

I can't wait for the Bears to pound the Packers! Let's do a little math

Bears=very good

Packers=Bad

The numbers don't lie boys!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
We'll let me see; Tommie Harris out for the year, Mike Brown out for the year, Charles Tillman didn't play, and Lovie Smith said before the game that he was going to pull most of the starters at half time. The Bears didn't care if they won or lost the game! Period! Green Bay beat two lame teams (Vikes and Lions) and one that waived the white flag before the game even started! Green Bay went home and the Bears went to the Super Bowl. You have a bad team! End of discussion!

P.S Benson ran for 109 yards on 13 carries, the Bears could of run him the entire game; but why It's just the Packers!

Jason Been, a Milwaukee native and an oddsmaker for Las Vegas Sports Consultants, disagrees.

"I am almost sure the Bears won't be looking past this game even though the public thinks they will," Been said. "I don't rate (Rex) Grossman much better than (Brian) Griese, so who starts at quarterback isn't a big deal. Also, when Lovie Smith took the job, he said his No. 1 priority was beating the Packers."

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

You guys think Grossman is just horrible yet the Bears went to the Super Bowl with him.

Bears=very good

Packers=Bad

It's not so much that Rex sucks, its that you never know if you're getting good Rex or bad Rex. Meaning you can get an awesome Rex who wins the game for you, or a Rex who makes it almost impossible for you to win in which the Bears had a stellar D and phenomenal special teams that bailed him out.

With Brett, you know what you're getting. Some great throws mixed in with some poor decisions, but over all a good QB who is a good leader.

Brett is better than Rex, no question, although he is declining and its been evident the last two seasons. Keep in mind Packer fans who want to bash me, I am a huge Brett fan and some say apologist, but I'm not naive to what I see on the gridiron.

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blackjackking said:

Bears=very good

Packers=Bad

It's not so much that Rex sucks, its that you never know if you're getting good Rex or bad Rex. Meaning you can get an awesome Rex who wins the game for you, or a Rex who makes it almost impossible for you to win in which the Bears had a stellar D and phenomenal special teams that bailed him out.

With Brett, you know what you're getting. Some great throws mixed in with some poor decisions, but over all a good QB who is a good leader.

Brett is better than Rex, no question, although he is declining and its been evident the last two seasons. Keep in mind Packer fans who want to bash me, I am a huge Brett fan and some say apologist, but I'm not naive to what I see on the gridiron.

Sun. 10 @ Packers 3:15 PM WBBM W 26-0
Sun. 17 LIONS 12:00 PM WBBM W 34-7
Sun. 24 @ Vikings 12:00 PM WBBM W 19-16
October

Sun. 1 SEAHAWKS 7:15 PM WBBM W 37-6
Sun. 8 BILLS 12:00 PM WBBM W 40-7
Mon. 16 @ Cardinals 7:30 PM WBBM W 24-23
Sun. 29 49ERS 12:00 PM WBBM W 41-10
November

Sun. 5 DOLPHINS 12:00 PM WBBM L 13-31
Sun. 12 @ Giants 7:15 PM WBBM W 38-20
Sun. 19 @ Jets 12:00 PM WBBM W 10-0
Sun. 26 @ Patriots 3:15 PM WBBM L 13-17
December Sun. 3 VIKINGS 12:00 PM WBBM W 23-13
Mon. 11 @ Rams 7:30 PM WBBM W 42-27
Sun. 17 BUCCANEERS 12:00 PM WBBM W 34-31
Sun. 24 @ Lions 12:00 PM WBBM W 26-21
Sun. 31 PACKERS 7:15 PM WBBM L 7-26

Other then the Jets and the Cardinal game, please point out some other games where the defense bailed Grossman out.

2006 was his first full season as a starter; he had some poor outings, every QB does! Grossman could turn out to be a very good QB. Favre is a good QB that will be gone next year. So tell me what your plans are for the QB position.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bears=very good

Packers=Bad

I would put an average by the Packers. 8-8 was the middle of the "pack" last year. Also how can you compare Favre to Grossman. Favre was on the Packers and Grossman was on the Mighty Chicago Bears whom had the best defense in the NFC and the best special teams in the league. Not to mention a slew of solid players on offense and one of the better offensive lines in the NFC.

Hardly seems fair to compare the two. Actually, the fact that the washed up old grey haired Brett Favre held his own against Grossman, really shows just how bad Rex Grossman really is.

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blackjackking said:

Bears=very good

Packers=Bad

I would put an average by the Packers. 8-8 was the middle of the "pack" last year. Also how can you compare Favre to Grossman. Favre was on the Packers and Grossman was on the Mighty Chicago Bears whom had the best defense in the NFC and the best special teams in the league. Not to mention a slew of solid players on offense and one of the better offensive lines in the NFC.

Hardly seems fair to compare the two. Actually, the fact that the washed up old grey haired Brett Favre held his own against Grossman, really shows just how bad Rex Grossman really is.

I never compared the two QB's. The reason I posted the QB ratings is to prove that Grossman held his own. You are right; the Bears have the best defense and special teams; a very good O-line, good receivers, good tight ends and good running backs! This is why we will easily win the NFC North.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Blackjackking said:

Bears=very good

Packers=Bad

I never compared the two QB's. The reason I posted the QB ratings is to prove that Grossman held his own. You are right; the Bears have the best defense and special teams; a very good O-line, good receivers, good tight ends and good running backs! This is why we will easily win the NFC North.

I agree the Bears probably will win the NFC North. Maybe with a half way decent QB you could win it all. We'll see if Grossman can turn into that.