On to 2021!

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You said they, as in Miami, play Rousseau everywhere. That just isn’t a true statement. Don’t move the goalposts.

If that's the hill you want to fight for, be my guest.

Either way, while his talent would be welcome, it would still be a waste given our current lineup at the position.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that's the hill you want to fight for, be my guest.

Either way, while his talent would be welcome, it would still be a waste given our current lineup at the position.

Yes, I do like to fight on the hill of accuracy.

Would he be a need? Not really, but with his talent, if he’s there, you take him. Don’t pass on potentially great pass rushers.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I do like to fight on the hill of accuracy.

Would he be a need? Not really, but with his talent, if he’s there, you take him. Don’t pass on potentially great pass rushers.

In Pettine's scheme he's a waste. Now if we fire Pettine after this season and embrace a 3-4 under, 4-3, or 46 style scheme then I don't mind. We already have the Smiths and Gary, with Garvin looking like he might develop into something as well. Adding Rouseau to the mix there won't be enough snaps, especially for a guy you're paying a 1st Round Pick's salary.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In Pettine's scheme he's a waste. Now if we fire Pettine after this season and embrace a 3-4 under, 4-3, or 46 style scheme then I don't mind. We already have the Smiths and Gary, with Garvin looking like he might develop into something as well. Adding Rouseau to the mix there won't be enough snaps, especially for a guy you're paying a 1st Round Pick's salary.

In this hypothetical that would never happen, you’d let Smith go and use his salary after. When Z’s contract is up, you let him move on and have Gary and Rousseau.

Anyways, that’s as much time as I’m going to spend on a scenario that would never happen. I was just arguing with how you saw his usage at Miami, which was inarguably wrong. I watch almost every Miami game, I was talking about Rousseau before anybody knew him. You’re wrong about how they used him, plain and simple.

D

Deleted member 6794

Adding Rouseau to the mix there won't be enough snaps, especially for a guy you're paying a 1st Round Pick's salary.

The salary of a late first rounder isn't a deal breaker no matter what. Heck, the Packers don't have an issue with Love counting $2.25 million towards the cap this season while being inactive.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The salary of a late first rounder isn't a deal breaker no matter what. Heck, the Packers don't have an issue with Love counting $2.25 million towards the cap this season while being inactive.

You're failing to mention the position to which Love plays and its value as well as the trajectory the team is on right now.

D

Deleted member 6794

You're failing to mention the position to which Love plays and its value as well as the trajectory the team is on right now.

I guarantee that the salary of a late first rounder has no effect on which position the Packers spent the pick on.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zion Johnson, LG - Boston College

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Johnson was part of the unit that paved the way for AJ Dillon last year to the tune of over 1600 yards. Being that he started off his career at Davidson, he may be even more talented than evaluators are giving him credit for. I'm marking him a steal early on Day 3; but he could go as high as the 3rd Round with a strong Senior Bowl and Combine.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guarantee that the salary of a late first rounder has no effect on which position the Packers spent the pick on.

You say that but with the guys we need to try to retain in the next 2 years, that salary should be spent on someone who's going to be on the field, not a relative unknown or a guy with a small sample size.

D

Deleted member 6794

You say that but with the guys we need to try to retain in the next 2 years, that salary should be spent on someone who's going to be on the field, not a relative unknown or a guy with a small sample size.

Actually a first round selection having an immediate impact is definitely the best case scenario and should be the target to aim for. I understand that doesn't happen each and every year though.

My point remains that the salary paid to a first rounder doesn't influence the position selected though.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The salary of a late first round pick better not be a determining factor at all in what position/ player the Packers select.

I'm quite sure any gm that makes decisions like that isn't gonna win much or subsequently last very long in the job...

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like lbs

Nick Bolton Missouri
Chazz Surratt unc

Wr

Devonta Smth alabama
Rondale Moore purdue
Rashod Bateman minnesota

Cb

Tyson Campbell georgia
Caleb Farley virginia tech

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Captain and Favre>Rodgers, this thread is to discuss prospects for the 2021 draft, not quibble about salaries and contracts. Please try to keep it focused on the topic. Thanks.

- management

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like lbs

Nick Bolton Missouri
Chazz Surratt unc

Wr

Devonta Smth alabama
Rondale Moore purdue
Rashod Bateman minnesota

Cb

Tyson Campbell georgia

Good list. Surratt seems good, former QB!

I love Smith from Bama. He’s “small”, but he plays big. Smooth, smooth player.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I like lbs

Nick Bolton Missouri
Chazz Surratt unc

Wr

Devonta Smth alabama
Rondale Moore purdue
Rashod Bateman minnesota

Cb

Tyson Campbell georgia
Are these guys likely to be on the board at pick 32?:cool:

Where does Cole Van Lanen project to in this draft? Late Day 2?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are these guys likely to be on the board at pick 32?:cool:

Where does Cole Van Lanen project to in this draft? Late Day 2?

I suppose none of those guys are likely to be in board at 32. But gute has shown a propensity to trade up. And this early who really knows.

Don't know much about the guy but from what I can tell he's expected to get drafted for sure haha. Someone says 2nd someone 3rd. Nfl draft scout 4-5. So I'd say if he has a great year and tests well he could be a fit at #32

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fairly irrelevant to the Packers, but Trevor Lawrence is the best QB I’ve seen coming out of college in quite some time.

Surprisingly athletic, I’ll bet he’s for sure in the Justin Herbert range of athlete. There’s not a throw he can’t make. More than ideal size, great arm, been phenomenal from day 1, he’s a star. Everything Andrew Luck was supposed to be, and more. Love to watch him play.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I’ve mentioned, I’m a Miami fan. I’ll start with players there that I think could be prospects for this years draft. Unfortunately for me, there’s not many.

Quincy Roche - Edge: undersized, but very quick, good bend, good use of hands. Similar to a Harold Landry type.

Jaelen Phillips - Edge: physique and athleticism is like if you went straight to create a player mode. Raw. Doesn’t use his hands well, limited moves. Serious injury history, including concussions. 1st round athleticism, 4-5th round tape. Good player to develop in the right draft spot.

Brevin Jordan - TE: Think Jordan Reed, including the injuries. Best offensive player for Miami, but can’t stay healthy. When he gets the ball, he moves on the field like a RB or WR. Serious YAC threat.

Bubba Bolden - SAF: Do everything safety. Good in coverage, excellent tackler, willing and able to come up to the LOS and fill holes. Pretty good athleticism, very good size. I would like him a lot in our back end. Not sold that he can play CF, but he can do a lot. He flashes on the tape for Miami.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record, I would take De’Vonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle over Jerry Jeudy and Ruggs from last year. Bama is loaded.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've given up on any WR drafted before the 3rd Round. Of course with their future HOF QB now in the fold, I suppose there's still a chance.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose none of those guys are likely to be in board at 32. But gute has shown a propensity to trade up. And this early who really knows.

Don't know much about the guy but from what I can tell he's expected to get drafted for sure haha. Someone says 2nd someone 3rd. Nfl draft scout 4-5. So I'd say if he has a great year and tests well he could be a fit at #32
I was thinking more along the line of pick 64

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like lbs

Nick Bolton Missouri
Chazz Surratt unc

Wr

Devonta Smth alabama
Rondale Moore purdue
Rashod Bateman minnesota

Cb

Tyson Campbell georgia

Bolton - 5th Rounder. At 6'0 I don't know how I feel about him playing inside.

Surrat - He's a bigger Hunter Renfrow if you ask me. I see him anywhere between the 3rd - 5th. His Combine is everything.

Smith - Top 15 Pick

Moore - At 5'9 and with his injury history I think he's a 3rd Rounder.

Bateman - 1st - 3rd Round. Need to see him in 2020.

Campbell - Top 20 Pick

Farley - Top 5 Pick

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bolton - 5th Rounder. At 6'0 I don't know how I feel about him playing inside.

Surrat - He's a bigger Hunter Renfrow if you ask me. I see him anywhere between the 3rd - 5th. His Combine is everything.

There have been a pile of sub 6’0 ILB’s drafted recently. I wouldn’t be concerned.

Your comparison for a LB is a bigger Hunter Renfrow? I’m assuming you’re talking about his brother, Sage, who is a 6’3 220 lb WR that hasn’t played this year bc he opted out. Cmon man. At least do the bare minimum of research.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've given up on any WR drafted before the 3rd Round. Of course with their future HOF QB now in the fold, I suppose there's still a chance.

Please keep posts like this out of this thread. I have told you once the purpose of this thread. If I have to keep on doing this, I’ll lock you out of the Draft section of this board.

Members online

Latest posts