Official week 17 lion game

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we play Packer football, the Lions will not come into Lambeau and beat us. Simple as that.

Protect Rodgers, we'll win by 14-17 points.

Its payback time and McCarthy/Rodgers and company will have something for the Lions. Believe that.

Last edited:

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we play Packer football, the Lions will not come into Lambeau and beat us. Simple as that.

Protect Rodgers, we'll win by 14-17 points.

Its payback time and McCarthy/Rodgers and company will have something for the Lions. Believe that.

LOL itll be lucky if either team scores 17 :p

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Lions O doesn't scare me. I think our D will hold them to around 17-20 points.

I'm more worried about our OLine vs their DLine. THAT is where this game will be won or lost for us, period.

After watching the Lions/Bears game today, I noticed the Lions secondary, especially Mathis are all over the receivers before the ball ever gets there and the Refs turn a blind eye. I thought they were supposed to be cracking down on that stuff. But seeing as how they aren't, the Packers receivers are going to have a hard time fighting against uncalled interference through the game. I'm concerned about their secondary because of what they get away with.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You think we will score thirty? I admire your optimism but I think this will be a low scoring game. The defense will have to force a couple of turnovers and then the offense must capitalize on the turnovers. I've seen too many games this year where Stafford has gotten away with turnovers thanks to their stout defense.

Packers 16
Lions 13
I'm guessing you're giving counting 1 TD and 3 FG for us? You think we won't score more TDs on them than Chicago did? Really? If Chicago can score 14 on them, then it's not overly optimistic to expect us to put up 30. I'm actually tempering my expectations and going with the median range where I think we could score. I would say your prediction is pretty pessimistic in light of what the Lions did today and what we have done all season at 1265.

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing you're giving counting 1 TD and 3 FG for us? You think we won't score more TDs on them than Chicago did? Really? If Chicago can score 14 on them, then it's not overly optimistic to expect us to put up 30. I'm actually tempering my expectations and going with the median range where I think we could score. I would say your prediction is pretty pessimistic in light of what the Lions did today.

I wouldn't base Detroit, or any team for that matter, off of only game.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching the Lions/Bears game today, I noticed the Lions secondary, especially Mathis are all over the receivers before the ball ever gets there and the Refs turn a blind eye. I thought they were supposed to be cracking down on that stuff. But seeing as how they aren't, the Packers receivers are going to have a hard time fighting against uncalled interference through the game. I'm concerned about their secondary because of what they get away with.
If the Lions pay attention to the secondary Lacy could get many yards and if MM is smart set up plenty of screen plays.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't base Detroit, or any team for that matter, off of only game.
I'm not. I'm basing it on seven games at Lambeau and the fact that Detroit has a poor to mediocre offense.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing you're giving counting 1 TD and 3 FG for us? You think we won't score more TDs on them than Chicago did? Really? If Chicago can score 14 on them, then it's not overly optimistic to expect us to put up 30. I'm actually tempering my expectations and going with the median range where I think we could score. I would say your prediction is pretty pessimistic in light of what the Lions did today and what we have done all season at 1265.

Well, I definitely hope you're right. But I really don't see us putting up more than 20-23 at best. And I think 16 is about where we will end up. The Lions D has given up more than 24 points only once this entire year. And their defense matches up well with our offense, it's exactly the kind of defense that often stifles our offense. Similar to Buffalo's defense.

Last edited:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I definitely hope you're right. But I really don't see us putting up more than 20-23 at best. And I think 16 is about where we will end up. The Lions D has given up more than 24 points only once this entire year. And their defense matches up well with our offense, it's exactly the kind of defense that often stifles our offense. Similar to Buffalo's defense.

I suspect the Packers will earn a lot more believers by this time next week.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

But here is the rub...It is outside, and not in the dome, and it will be the coldest game of the year for Detroit---They arent used to playing in this weather and that very well affected them vs the Bears today..

The Packers should be able to win this game by about 10

However I am a little worried that Det can sneak a win..The Packers will have to have some mental errors and turn overs for Det to win.

But maybe being at home will give the Pack the much needed lift to push them for 1st round bye

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The lions were the better team earlier in the season but have really cooled off. I am not that worried about beating them but the D line of the lions should be a worry of every packer fan.

The lions team I saw today made a ton of mistakes and looked mediocre on offense. Stafford seems to have regress from a few seasons ago.

I think our defense could win us the game honestly.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It'll be good practice for the Seahawks at least.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Indeed. Forty degrees isn't particularly cold anyway.
Was that yesterday's temp in Chicago? Forecasted high at Lambeau on Sunday is 19.

AR and the offense need to put the pressure on from the start. Make the Lions play from behind and we'll get a few turnovers... and the usual thuggish play from Raiola & their D.

Packers 30, Lions 20

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was that yesterday's temp in Chicago? Forecasted high at Lambeau on Sunday is 19.

AR and the offense need to put the pressure on from the start. Make the Lions play from behind and we'll get a few turnovers... and the usual thuggish play from Raiola & their D.

Packers 30, Lions 20

Raiola should be suspended. There's no doubt when you look at the video that he was doing his best to break that guy's ankle. He even hopped a little to put his full weight on it.

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
Raiola should be suspended. There's no doubt when you look at the video that he was doing his best to break that guy's ankle. He even hopped a little to put his full weight on it.

I agree that he should be suspended. Even before the season started, you could ask Lions fans about Raiola and you would not find very many of us who wanted him around any more. He's old, slow and undersized, and clearly is an a-hole.

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
The lions were the better team earlier in the season but have really cooled off. I am not that worried about beating them but the D line of the lions should be a worry of every packer fan.

The lions team I saw today made a ton of mistakes and looked mediocre on offense. Stafford seems to have regress from a few seasons ago.

I think our defense could win us the game honestly.

And that has been the frustration of Lions fans all season. The defense has given the offense a chance in pretty much every single game, aside from the Pats game. The offense has simply not performed. I would say a big part of that is play calling. Any play that requires Stafford to hold the ball for more than 3 seconds with that o-line needs to be removed from the playbook. Problem is, Lombardi seems to have a fetish for slow developing plays.

On the other side of that, is the players themselves. There are still a lot of dropped passes, and while Stafford's mechanics, mobility and footwork have improved, his throws are still not as accurate as you'd like to see.

I never thought I would see the day that I would miss Scott Linehan. Last year's offense, with all of their problems, were at least scoring points. That same offense with this year's defense would be something.

Maybe someday the Lions will get everything going at the same time.....

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
ATL and CAR play for the Division title and the loser goes home.
PITT and CINN play for the Division title
Well they passed, Cincy and Pitt for prime time. At least they moved our game to 1:25 PST. I guess the larger market won out. I still think our game will be better. C'est la vie.

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game is for NFC North

What I like:
- Game is at Lambeau and Lions have long history with losing in Wisconsin (I was still at UW Whitewater last time they won). Detroit has not beat a team above 500 on the road... lost to NE and Arizona.
- Detroit has struggled with Vikes and Bears recently and even TB at home until 4th quarter.
- Megatron is not the same player as prior years this year. Still very good player, but not the elite and best WR in the NFL this year.
- Packers defense playing better (other than 2nd half vs Falcons)
- Aaron Rodgers and Eddie Lacy
- OL is healthy (relatively... Sitton and Lang still playing at high level)

What I do not like:
- Detroit front 4. They will be able to rush 4 and drop back 7 as TB just attempted and Buffalo was successful with doing.
- If game is close... Lions have been finding a way to win those games in the end.
- Aaron Rodgers calf injury... hopefully a 100% for Sunday

Last edited:

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that he should be suspended. Even before the season started, you could ask Lions fans about Raiola and you would not find very many of us who wanted him around any more. He's old, slow and undersized, and clearly is an a-hole.

I think he will receive hefty fine, but no suspension. I saw the stomp and was very deliberate, despite what he said otherwise.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You want the truth??

I don't think either team wins the SuperBowl this year so this game is kind of like its own little mini Superbowl for our teams.

Members online