1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

OFFICIAL THREAD ON PACKER STOCK SALE

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by maccadon3000, Aug 25, 2011.

1. azrsx05

azrsx05 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32 / 8 / -0
    Got mine today... Honestly I was a little dissapointed in the quality of the paper they used. For $250, I was expecting a thicker, more certificate feel paper. Also, on some of the printed numbers it does look like the ink was running low. Nontheless, still pretty exited about having my own certificate. I still don't know where we find the 11 digit number, any help?
  2. Viper GTS

Viper GTS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Call the Packer Pro Shop to get a temp logon and password. I was kind of disapppointed in the limited items in the Shareholder portion of the website.
  3. LApackerfan

LApackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Got mine :) . package in pretty good condition.
  4. RandyM

RandyM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    The numbers at the top of one of the certs was faded and bled through (unacceptable).. I did call Wells Fargo and they told me that I would have to pay shipping and they would have to reissue the stock....
  5. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +819 / 8 / -4
    Packer Fan Since:
    Good for you... unacceptable for the quality and the delivery problems. Imagine what the troubles would be if they would of sold out immeadiatley!
  6. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +282 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Can you order cheaper shipping for the second time around? No need to rush it at this point.
  7. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +819 / 8 / -4
    Packer Fan Since:
    acccccccck... they should reissue w/o added shipping!!!! I missed that part.

Maybe if they get enough complaints of inferior printing.....hmmm :cautious:
  8. okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175 / 2 / -0
    oak creek, wi is where my original scan came from
  9. RandyM

RandyM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    We have to pay to ship it back, THEY pay to ship the cert back.
  10. RandyM

RandyM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Call 1 800 891 2981 with any problems or concerns
  11. RandyM

RandyM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Mine had faded numbers and a wavy appearance... Wells Fargo told me they can't guarantee UPS's shipping or work.... THEN PUT the certs in THICKER packaging
  12. jcavhs

jcavhs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I agree. Not sure how it happened and really wish it hadn't.

So all she told you to do was send in one of the certificates with a note explaining the issue? That is pretty much what I was planning on doing but I wasn't sure if I should send in just one of the certificates or both.
  13. MadtownEric

MadtownEric Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I sent a letter explaining the issue. I included, per their instructions, the purchase date, confirm # and a detailed description of the error including who (name and address) should be on the correct certificate. She said it needed to be signed as well. She specifically told me to keep one of them and send the other back. I also sent a copy of the confirmation as well. Sent certified...not that I needed to but it gives me a little peace of mind in case they question whether or not I sent it back. I also made copies of everything just in case. My trust in Wells Fargo isn't to high right now.
  14. RandyM

RandyM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    REMEMBER this: The lady at Wells Fargo told me that if these certs get lost, were $hit out of luck... NO REISSUE... That's what she told me..
  15. azrsx05

azrsx05 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32 / 8 / -0
    They chose the most random size for these certificate s. Went to 4 stores and they all have 8X10. But no luck with the 8X12. I really didn't want to wait for shipping if bought online. Butt looks like im gonna have to
  16. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +808 / 15 / -5
    I have a guy working on a custom one he can reproduce. Frame of college degree quality, Green on gold Matting and a Antique Brass G logo on the bottom. After I see if it is stock worthy I will post pic's.
  17. CoachBo

CoachBo Told Lombardi he was Ernest Borgnine at age 5

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Interesting. I don't have any issues with the quality or printing on the certificate at all.
  18. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +808 / 15 / -5
    Oh Yeah, Mine was on the door step when I got home. WOOOO HOOOOOO. MONGO Like. Nice little book that came with it.
  19. RandyM

RandyM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    My Stock cert had two issues:

1. Faded stock cert numbers on the top left... There are 3 sets of numbers and all were faded out... Like the ink ran out..

2.The actual certificate had waves throughout the paper, like a ripple effect..

Both issues NOT acceptable... I did call the Packers, and AFTER I mentioned they (Well's Fargo) are charging people like me to pay to send them back, The person at the main switchboard, connected me with a person ... She told me that Murphy and the organization is aware of quality issues and they are going to pow-wow and take the next step.. The person is fielding lots of calls...She is taking numbers and names with a promise to call back once they sort this out.. She told me a week..
  20. jcavhs

jcavhs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    One option is to get it custom framed. Most craft places, such as JoAnn Fabric, will do custom framing and you can usually find coupons. Not the cheapest or fastest option but you could do more customization and really get what you want.
  21. joshuasmom07

joshuasmom07 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I see everyone is receiving theirs, but I have yet to receive mine and I am worried it may not get her by Christmas. I heard others saying that the Packers are now saying they won't be able to fulfill all the orders in time. Has anyone else heard this? It seems to me like this entire process is a mess!
  22. RandyM

RandyM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    And when you get it, the stock maybe defective.... As in faded ink and the actual document being compromised..
  23. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +808 / 15 / -5
    I understand how those of you who have not gotten yours yet or it came in messed up feel. I wonder if the front office is truly in touch with just how connected we are with the team and how important a symbol this share of stock is to us.
  24. RandyM

RandyM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    I called the Packers and according to the person I was dispatched to, Mark Murphy is aware of the problem and so is the organization
  25. Oberstca

Oberstca Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Well - no email,but UPS my choice said it was coming today. I posted the instructions earlier to look up by 'GBPxxxxxxxx'. You need to put that in the reference # field. Long story short, UPS lost my package. I found out after it did not arrive at the time listed on their site. When I called they said they couldn't locate the package, but it may be on a truck they unload tonight. I leave for WI in the morning, without the stock I bought for my fathers gift:-(. I asked about the forward to have it sent to WI, and they wanted to charge my another $25. No idea when it might get there. I ordered the first day they went up for sale, so frustrated. Now based on other posts, I am worried about the names and quality. I am surprised they were this unprepared, they have been talking about the sale for months.