OFFICIAL THREAD ON PACKER STOCK SALE

OP
OP
M

maccadon3000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
were all clear on who you heard it from first right?

Absolutely!!!! Ivo, or should I say Mr. Murphy? ;) Just kidding, but in all seriousness, props to Ivo for being the first to break this news WAY before any anouncement was made.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Who on here owns stock currently? Its an awesome feeling to have it on paper that you own a piece of the Green Bay Packers. My share is hanging in my living room next to the display I have of the American Flag that was on my grandpas coffin from when he died (he served in WWII). That just shows you how important my stock is to me. The shareholders meeting is pretty boring though to be honest.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just remember folks, as an owner you are no longer able to gamble. That means no more Las Vegas trips or betting on games. As well as the state lotteries. The rules apply for "ALL" owners of NFL teams.

wait wait wait, how did this get passed over...is this true?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
wait wait wait, how did this get passed over...is this true?
Technically yes. You are considered a part owner of an NFL team and therefore must abide by NFL rules pertaining to ownership. The rules make no distinction as to how much of a team you own as to whether or not you have to abide by them. Although I doubt they would enforce them unless you made some big to do about while in Las Vegas.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Does anyone know how difficult it is going to be to buy a share? How do we going about doing it? Is there a list or a presale?

In my experience there is usually an inflated demand for things like this, so it may be possible those that want it and can afford it, can get it.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
There will most likely be a website to fill out an ownership application to send in along with the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Last sale lasted several months. I would estimate this one to go at least a couple of months but don't dally.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
The last time this happened, I got an application in the mail,.. I couldn't afford it back then, as I had 2 little kids and limited income. Why I got it in the mail is beyond me, I had to have filled something out obviously,... anyways.... I would love to have that piece of paper in the safe next to my marriage license! No..framed in my girl cave!!! lol

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the only way I would seriously consider buying a share is if there was a perk or incentive involved.
Autograph day with the team.
Free tix to a game. (Could even be preseason)
Have an owners only game where the tix will only be sold to owners for that game.
All you can eat and drink. (Limit on beer though.)
1 annual free entry into Pack HOF.
Etc.

To me having bragging rights over a piece of paper just wouldn't be enough.
And you call yourself a Packer fan? Given the chance, I'll get a share or two in a hearbeat.
Yeah. A thrifty Packers fan who also recognizes choice.
To me $200, or whatever the starting price will be, is still a lot of money.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Yeah $200 is a lot of money for some of us...

I like the one free admission to the HOF or one free ticket idea

I forgot to add that I really liked this idea as well,...or they could have a fanfest type thing for all stockholders every once in awhile. That would be cool!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Yeah. A thrifty Packers fan who also recognizes choice.
To me $200, or whatever the starting price will be, is still a lot of money.
Should have been a smily face after my post. I meant it tongue in cheek. In 97 when I had the paperwork I had to pay bills and never had enough to send in at the time so I know were you are coming from.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should have been a smily face after my post. I meant it tongue in cheek. In 97 when I had the paperwork I had to pay bills and never had enough to send in at the time so I know were you are coming from.
OK.
Cool.
Thank you.

I have a feeling that the price per share will be more than 200 this time.
Probably start at 250-300 I suspect.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah $200 is a lot of money for some of us...

I like the one free admission to the HOF or one free ticket idea
I forgot to add that I really liked this idea as well,...or they could have a fanfest type thing for all stockholders every once in awhile. That would be cool!
I'm a member of my grocery co-op.
I invested money to be a member and in return I don't have to pay as much whenever I purchase groceries.
Same thing here. There should be some give and take. Something that feels more fair than just a piece of paper.
I don't really know any other Packers fans who I could show this off to and I'm not a Facebook user.
(What happened to the days when a friend meant someone you actually met with in person?)

Oh well. It is what it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts