official Packers vs Seahawks MNF

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So glad I picked up Christian Ponder in the 16th round of my fantasy draft.

Those Vikes look DAMN good. Thanks for pounding on the 49ers. We'll take it from here.

And as much as I hope we get a rematch with the Packers in the playoffs, that just ain't gonna happen. The Vikings look really good, and are actually able to beat good defenses like the 49ers. Keep playing that way, and it'll be the Vikings that we face in the playoffs and that scares me far more than the Packers.

As long as you use those same refs you will always have a chance to win:tup: no mateer who you play . You can leave now.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
For the classless fan of the title-less seahawks, this was posted on another thread. Marshawn lynch was at a restaurant after the game and a waitress turned on the TV just in time to see a replay of the INT that "won" the game:
As Lynch watched Packers safety M.D. Jennings snatch the pass out of the sky and pull it to his chest while Tate, who had blatantly pushed off against Green Bay cornerback Sam Shields, belatedly latched on one arm at a time, the running back's eyes grew big and his jaw dropped low. The room was dead silent as the realization gripped Lynch and his companions: Like most of the viewing public, they now understood that the Seahawks had received an extraordinary gift from the replacement officials. "We didn't win that game," someone at the table said, and nobody made a peep to challenge him.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--seahawks-rb-marshawn-lynch-stunned-at-replay-of-controversial-final-play-monday-night.html

At least one player on that team knows it was BS and a few classy fans of theirs also have admitted as much.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
I've been watching football since before Lombardi arrived in Green Bay and I've witnessed some bad calls and like all of you, I've seen bad calls upheld even after a long delay for review. But I've never witnessed an end of game sequence so aided by the refs. It was so bad I almost wondered if a gambler had kidnapped the children of the "officiating" crew. Or per Occam's razor perhaps they just had money on the game, or are Seahawks fans? Just kidding of course as the simplest explanation is the most obvious: They are wholly incompetent.

Of course it wasn't just the bad "TD" call. On the second to last Seahawks possession, the incompetents called roughing the passer on Walden on McMillian's INT. The roughing call was bad for two reasons: Walden didn’t violate the one step rule but even if he had, once Wilson escaped the pocket, he lost the protection of the one-step rule. (FrankRizzo posted a couple of good pictures of the tackle on another thread.) No one can say for certain how that affected the outcome of the game but if the incompetents had called it correctly, the Packers would have had the ball on the Seahawks 26 yard line with a five point lead and about 8 1/2 minutes left in the game. (BTW, Rodgers said the incompetents put a "K ball" in play for the two-point conversion attempt. Those balls are slipperier than regular game balls - not meant as an excuse, just another example of incompetence.)

Then on first and 30 (or whatever it was) the incompetents called pass interference on Shields. Not only did they get the call wrong, but they missed two fouls on that play. Go look at that play again, Shields has near perfect coverage: The phrase 'covered like a blanket' comes to mind. It was Rice who was guilty of offensive interference and a face mask penalty against Rice could have also been called. Again, we don't know what the outcome would have been but the Seahawks would have been pushed back farther toward the end zone and the first down marker would have been even farther away.

We all know the mistakes the incompetents made on the last play. They missed an obvious offensive pass interference again and they missed an obvious INT. And of course they screwed up the replay too. 'The first QB to throw a game winning INT' indeed.

Parcells once said, "You are what your record says you are" and that's the rule IMO - almost always true. But this season the Packers and the seahawks are the exceptions to that rule. After a horrible first half the Packers came back and won that game, only the incompetents changed the outcome. And we haven't heard the end of this. As both teams battle for playoff spots the actions of these incompetents could very well come into play. In addition to the W/L, a team's record within the conference is an important tie-breaker.

"We didn't win that game." Absolutely right but it goes down in the record books as if you did.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
... I've yet to hear a single Packers fan give credit to our defense for shutting your team down....

Look around this site. Plenty of examples. I will do it right here: Credit goes to the Seattle defense. They are one tough mean unit that plays with a nasty attitude.

... blaming a loss on the opposing fans, as if we're out there throwing all those flags and making all those bad calls....

No one is blaming the Seattle team or fans. The ire is pointed at the refs and only the refs.

... Seattle didn't get a single bad call go against them, and the only reason they won was because of a few bad calls on one drive that ALL went Seattle's way.

Your sarcasm is noted. Please also note that most/all non-Packer non-Hawk fans, sportscasters, and tweeters-- are agreeing with the Packer "side of the story", not yours. Their opinion, being non-homers, probably tell the true story the best.

Dirrty Bear

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can hope all you want but it won't happen.

And yeah, I'm sure you classy Packers fans would be complaining about that bad PI call against Chancellor that led to your only TD had you won.

I'm gonna echo what Steeler fans were saying after SuperBowl XL: Good teams overcome bad things. If you were that good, you would have won and the refs would never have been part of it.

But yeah, you're probably right. We should all blame Seahawk fans for what happened. Because that makes you classy. Would you like some more cheese with that whine?

Bravo! Well said! :)

Sam92687

Cheesehead
Reaction score
****** Reacts To Replacement Refs (Golden Tate Touchdown)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

StringCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't hear any packers fans complaining about the missed pass interference call that led to a packer touchdown????

So, no. The packers did not deserve their touchdown anymore than the seahawks deserved theirs. Had both of those touchdowns never happened the seahawks would have won. End of story.

StringCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--seahawks-rb-marshawn-lynch-stunned-at-replay-of-controversial-final-play-monday-night.html

At least one player on that team knows it was BS and a few classy fans of theirs also have admitted as much.

So, I'm just curious but where are all the classy Packers fans that admit that the botched Chancellor pass interference was unjust and an embarrasment to the league? And that the packers did not deserve that touchdown? I haven't seen any class from the cheeseheads really. It's okay for you to complain about a call against the packers but nevermind when they are for ther packers. That is about as classless as it can get.

PFanCan

Reaction score
So, I'm just curious but where are all the classy Packers fans that admit ...

This is a forum for Packer fanatics. We generally, by definition of being a fanatic, see things through rose colored glasses. What do you think you would hear here?

It sounds like your curiosity should instead be directed to pretty much every single major media outlet, sports talk shows, and a wide variety of famous talking heads who actually have a pulpit from which to "admit" their opinions. And, no one, as far as I have seen, believe that the Chancellor call is an embarrassment to the league.

No one.

So, why are you thinking that, because we share this widely held public opinion-- including that the Hawks were gifted that win by the refs, we are classless?

PFanCan

Reaction score
Oh, and you (StringCheese) are essentially calling quite a few of Seahawk fans "classless" too. Just a quick look at their boards show a reasonable number of posters agreeing that the TD was a gift.

For example, from sc85sis (2400+ posts) on Seahawks.net:
The rule is if it's simultaneous possession, the receiver is awarded the ball. However, if one player gains control first and THEN the other player also obtains possession, the first player is awarded the ball. On this play, the second scenario occurred.

Regardless, Golden pushed off, which should have resulted in a penalty.

We were gifted the TD.

And this one from razor150 (1319 posts):
I don't mind legitimately winning ugly games but I can't accept being handed a game we didn't deserve to win.

There are many more examples. What a bunch of classless morons, eh?

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the classless fan of the title-less seahawks, this was posted on another thread. Marshawn lynch was at a restaurant after the game and a waitress turned on the TV just in time to see a replay of the INT that "won" the game: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--seahawks-rb-marshawn-lynch-stunned-at-replay-of-controversial-final-play-monday-night.html

- - - - - - - - - - - -
I've been watching football since before Lombardi arrived in Green Bay and I've witnessed some bad calls and like all of you, I've seen bad calls upheld even after a long delay for review. But I've never witnessed an end of game sequence so aided by the refs. It was so bad I almost wondered if a gambler had kidnapped the children of the "officiating" crew. Or per Occam's razor perhaps they just had money on the game, or are Seahawks fans? Just kidding of course as the simplest explanation is the most obvious: They are wholly incompetent.

Of course it wasn't just the bad "TD" call. On the second to last Seahawks possession, the incompetents called roughing the passer on Walden on McMillian's INT. The roughing call was bad for two reasons: Walden didn’t violate the one step rule but even if he had, once Wilson escaped the pocket, he lost the protection of the one-step rule. (FrankRizzo posted a couple of good pictures of the tackle on another thread.) No one can say for certain how that affected the outcome of the game but if the incompetents had called it correctly, the Packers would have had the ball on the Seahawks 26 yard line with a five point lead and about 8 1/2 minutes left in the game. (BTW, Rodgers said the incompetents put a "K ball" in play for the two-point conversion attempt. Those balls are slipperier than regular game balls - not meant as an excuse, just another example of incompetence.)

Then on first and 30 (or whatever it was) the incompetents called pass interference on Shields. Not only did they get the call wrong, but they missed two fouls on that play. Go look at that play again, Shields has near perfect coverage: The phrase 'covered like a blanket' comes to mind. It was Rice who was guilty of offensive interference and a face mask penalty against Rice could have also been called. Again, we don't know what the outcome would have been but the Seahawks would have been pushed back farther toward the end zone and the first down marker would have been even farther away.

We all know the mistakes the incompetents made on the last play. They missed an obvious offensive pass interference again and they missed an obvious INT. And of course they screwed up the replay too. 'The first QB to throw a game winning INT' indeed.

Parcells once said, "You are what your record says you are" and that's the rule IMO - almost always true. But this season the Packers and the seahawks are the exceptions to that rule. After a horrible first half the Packers came back and won that game, only the incompetents changed the outcome. And we haven't heard the end of this. As both teams battle for playoff spots the actions of these incompetents could very well come into play. In addition to the W/L, a team's record within the conference is an important tie-breaker.

"We didn't win that game." Absolutely right but it goes down in the record books as if you did.

Bravo! Well Said Jack

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
McGinn's analysis is up on jsonline and as always I think it's a must read for serious Packers fans. I won't link it buts it's always "Rating the Packers…" and posted two days after the game. If you haven't seen the picture accompanying this article it's worth a look: Apparently Sam Shields committed pass interference by forcing his face mask onto the hands of a WR. A couple of highlights from his article along with my comments:

He notes Jones was by far the best WR in that game - that goes against the preconceived ideas of many here but I don't think it can be refuted. Because of his size and my expectations, I was most disappointed with Nelson. And here is a huge criticism I have of Mike McCarthy and not only for this game: McGinn reports Cobb was in for 5 plays as a WR and three as a RB. He guesses perhaps it was because of "protection issues" - that's McGinn's guess, not McCarthy's answer but unless Cobb was injured I think it's inexcusable for McCarthy to limit his own offense by not having Cobb on the field for the majority of snaps. And if it was "protection issues", then line him up in the slot, instead of Jennings who IMO is better at split end anyway. Even with Jones playing better than the others vs. the Seahawks isn't it obvious Cobb is the third best WR on the team? Isn't it obvious he's a difference maker from the slot? And from that spot he can motion to the backfield or visa versa. That, executing just 3 running plays in the first half, and taking so long to adjust the offense are all on McCarthy IMO.

I appreciate Rodgers' emphasis on not throwing INTs and the fact that, "Rodgers didn't fumble because of his iron-clad, two-handed grip on the football." But I do wish he'd throw the ball away more rather than take sacks. Not only because of the lost yardage but because of the punishment he takes. I do balance that by knowing that when he holds onto the ball "too long" there's a decent chance a receiver will break open and the result will be a big play.

Regarding preconceptions, one held by many of us - including me - was Bulaga was on the verge of being a pro bowl caliber RT. He was horrendous Monday night. McGinn notes both OTs got beat too much inside - an outside rush getting to the QB is bad enough but that's a nightmare for a QB. That's it as far as my review of McGinn's review - his review of the D and STs as well as the rest of what he says about the O is, as always, worth the time to read.

The huge upside after three games and a 1-2 record is the D looks much, much improved. Pressure on the QB is much better and the D backfield suddenly looks loaded. An argument could be made that Shields has outplayed Williams so far. Whether or not he has, he looks like the player I - we - were expecting last season. He's suddenly tough vs. the running game and has been great in coverage. When House comes back 100% (whether that's this season or next), they'll have three good/great CBs and Hayward has looked very good in limited snaps. While Burnett has been somewhat quite (as has Woodson), McMillian has shown signs of being a ball hawk and a willingness to hit.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also read McGinn's analysis which was very, very revealing. Another thing I'll add to your post ThxJack is about his analysis of who on the OL was responsible for such poor pass protection. It seems that it's our two tackles, as you reported. On the other hand, McGinn f0und that our 3 interior lineman, Lang, Sitton and Saturday played far better and opened up some nice holes for Benson.

Which brings me to another point. Benson was able to turn several would-be losses into gains with some deft moves, and if Bulaga and Newhouse had blocked better, McGinn thinks that Benson would have gained 70 yards easily rather than 45. Benson is really becoming an important part of this offense.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So, I'm just curious but where are all the classy Packers fans that admit that the botched Chancellor pass interference was unjust and an embarrasment to the league? And that the packers did not deserve that touchdown? I haven't seen any class from the cheeseheads really. It's okay for you to complain about a call against the packers but nevermind when they are for ther packers. That is about as classless as it can get.

I will grant you that call as it was tacky and I even said during it that it shouldnt have been called.

But

just curious why you dont mention the obvious push form tate (even the official statement from the NFL said it should been flagged and end of game)

If not that one, we have the roughing passer...Wilson was out of pocket running, which is NFL rules he is now a runner, no flag should have been called and we our int is not reversed)

If not that one how about how Sheileds was pushed, and pulled but yet he was called for interference?

Now, it is your turn to supply more obvious calls other than the Td fiasco

Members online

Latest posts