OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone chime in here? how many times did he do it this year? twice maybe? only ever on rushing TD's. So he did it twice but probably had other people do it 4 times that many this season?

I guess its probably more of a result of the State Farm commercials than him actually doing it himself.

I am almost positive it wasnt done this year

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It probably is because of the commercial by now. But he chose to do the commercial so I don't see how that gets him off the hook.

I'm not knocking Rodgers, I like the move. I like when players do stuff like that, I hate the No Fun League. However, you can't expect other teams not to mock you when it goes the other way. Hopefully we don't give SF a reason to mock Cruz (which they did in our first meeting) but if they do, I'll understand it.

KTH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wanted to report I my first game at Lambeau. The city and its fan base lived up to the hype. I could not have been more impressed with the people. From good-natured ribbing to football talk to treating me like a guest. Even after the game I was congratulated and told good luck next week. The tailgating was obviously second to none.
They have a lot to be proud of; it’s how a fan base should be. Passionate, loyal, fun and most of all knowing how to treat the opposition.

I will be back.. rooting for the Pack, as long as they are not playing the Giants.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, before all the haters get too carried away it's time for a little perspective. True enough the Pack stunk it up yesterday and will not repeat. Only seven teams ever have, and the Packers did it first. Truth is, only one team gets to be happy at the end of the season and the Packers have been that team 13 times. No one else is in double digits. We can wait another year, 15-2 and sweeping the division is a good year, two bad games doesn't change that. So get your shots in while you can, we deserve it after yesterday. Me? I think I'll just enjoy our final two weeks as reigning NFL champs and see who wins it this year. (no matter who that is, still won't get them to double digits) GO PACK in 2012!!!

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh well...time to get my head together.

It's a pity...There are 32 teams, yet only one team can win the Super Bowl. THAT accomplishment requires a mixture of skill, talent, development, growth, hard work, planning, coaching, health protection and maintenance, attitude and attitude adjustment, dedication, injury-avoidance, scheduling niceties, mental toughness, thought flexibility and adaptation, and...in the final analysis...after all is said and done...breaks from the officials and downright dumb luck.

That's a lot to get right.

Last year we did it.

This year, at least in my mind, we had problems, among other things, in the talent, planning, coaching and thought flexibility and adaptation areas.

Once the coaches were able to see the problems with the defense in the early part of the season, ...... instead of watching and marveling about how many points Aaron was putting up...the full attention of the Brass and Staff should have been on the defense.

I actually had thought this back in October. As long as Aaaon was hot and had good games...we were gonna win.

Anything less than a great effort on the part of the offense ....and the defense would be our Achilles heel.

Game's over this season for the Pack.

Butte...

It's OK. This is life ....nobody did anything bad or evil. It's okay to put this behind us.

The defense needs work.

There you have it.

Improve it...and things will be better.

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It probably is because of the commercial by now. But he chose to do the commercial so I don't see how that gets him off the hook.

I'm not knocking Rodgers, I like the move. I like when players do stuff like that, I hate the No Fun League. However, you can't expect other teams not to mock you when it goes the other way. Hopefully we don't give SF a reason to mock Cruz (which they did in our first meeting) but if they do, I'll understand it.

Good Point GF2012. It goes both ways.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
RCC, I'm so sorry that your plans for the NFCCG have been fouled up. I wish you the best. - Bill
Lots of stuff to return today and reservations to cancel. I guess the non refundable tickets will be used for something tropical later in the year, I guess that's a silver lining. I will be there for next years NFCCG.

GO PACK!!!!!

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wanted to report I my first game at Lambeau. The city and its fan base lived up to the hype. I could not have been more impressed with the people. From good-natured ribbing to football talk to treating me like a guest. Even after the game I was congratulated and told good luck next week. The tailgating was obviously second to none.
They have a lot to be proud of; it’s how a fan base should be. Passionate, loyal, fun and most of all knowing how to treat the opposition.

I will be back.. rooting for the Pack, as long as they are not playing the Giants.

Same here.... and looking forward to my frirst trip Lambeau .

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One more thing about the game that I don't think is getting enough play here: There were a TON of Giant fans in the crowd, enough to drown out the Packer fans at certain points (first Cruz catch being an example). Honestly, that is embarressing, any "Packer" fan that sold their ticket knowing it probably would go to a Giants fan should be ashamed of themselves.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of stuff to return today and reservations to cancel. I guess the non refundable tickets will be used for something tropical later in the year, I guess that's a silver lining. I will be there for next years NFCCG.

GO PACK!!!!!

One of the first things I thought of when we lost was how a certain forum member bought non-refunable tickets to get to the NFCCG. Somethign to be said about a guy who spends that kind of money on blind faith, glad to hear you can use them for something else!

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While disappointing, this game was no surprise. The Pack barely beat the Giants the last time and Coughlin has proven you dont give him a second chance to out-think him...maybe Rodgers should have played a qtr in the Lions game? he may have been out of sync with too much time off ? i pretty much thought that this game was the Super Bowl. The winner of this game should go all the way and that of course is the Giants

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While disappointing, this game was no surprise. The Pack barely beat the Giants the last time and Coughlin has proven you dont give him a second chance to out-think him...maybe Rodgers should have played a qtr in the Lions game? he may have been out of sync with too much time off ? i pretty much thought that this game was the Super Bowl. The winner of this game should go all the way and that of course is the Giants
Ya see, there's this thing that teams do in between games called "practice."
So with Rodgers taking part in practice, he was as well prepared as he could have been.
It was the day for the Giants. That's it.

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its really no stretch to say his game speed/reaction may have been off. Practice is of course not the same thing.
and of course the Packers were not prepared, they were dropping passes all over the place...think about it, the Giants are succeeding on the same scenario the pack did last year..too many injuries early on..everyone recovers as the season roles along and they were/are rested because they are out with injury..so playing the wildcard actually helps you because you dont miss a beat so to speak. Conjecture..but a possibility.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
One of the first things I thought of when we lost was how a certain forum member bought non-refunable tickets to get to the NFCCG. Somethign to be said about a guy who spends that kind of money on blind faith, glad to hear you can use them for something else!
Wasn't blind faith, more like a calculated leap of faith and at the time a small one at that. Did the same thing before the lockout ended for the opener and the San Diego game and it worked out. Now I have a credit to use to book tickets somewhere over the next year. Perhaps Seattle, or better yet, how about Green Bay for the 2013 NFCCG game?

GO PACK!!!!!

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats Giants, brilliant defensive performance. The Packers just didn't look focused at all. Plays we were making during the regular season just weren't being connected in this game. Oh well, we had a great season and this team is setup to be a contender for years to come. (IF the D improves, which I have faith it will) Even though this loss hurts the most since the last Giants playoff loss, I am so proud of this team and proud to be part of the best fan base in Sports!

wesdog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
best fans
Congrats Giants, brilliant defensive performance. The Packers just didn't look focused at all. Plays we were making during the regular season just weren't being connected in this game. Oh well, we had a great season and this team is setup to be a contender for years to come. (IF the D improves, which I have faith it will) Even though this loss hurts the most since the last Giants playoff loss, I am so proud of this team and proud to be part of the best fan base in Sports!
Best fan base in sports? Most of that fan base sold there tickets to Giant fans. Sounded like a Giant home game cccccccccrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuzzzzzzzzz

tahoebum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was right. It wasn't close...

Great win for the Giants. Played an almost perfect game, and were clearly the better team today, despite some bizarre calls by the refs in our favor.

I just think we lost this game before we even took the field.

13 world championships is a bit overblown. By that measure the Detroit Lions are 4 time world champions and the Bears have 9 world championships!

KCPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
best fans
Best fan base in sports? Most of that fan base sold there tickets to Giant fans. Sounded like a Giant home game cccccccccrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuzzzzzzzzz

Most of the fans sold their tickets to Giants fans? Don't you think you're exaggerating a little bit? In reality it was probably a few dozen.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Another comparison to the 2005 Colts. There were sooooooo many Steelers fans in Indy for that game it made me puke.

Why did so many Packers fans sell tickets????

Members online

Latest posts