1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NYG, Dec 26, 2011.

1. PackersFanfromCali80

PackersFanfromCali80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    I don't think we will be blowing them out, but I do think we will come out on top. Our offense is going to score points. It's going to be up to the defense to get to Eli and be disruptive.
  2. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 59 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    Kid, we have the WORST defense in the league.
    Up 8 with 2 minutes to go, we allowed the Giants to march and score, and make the 2-pt conversion to tie the game.

Knowing that our defense sucks, and knowing they cannot get big stops unless they get a gift Int? That's something to worry about.

There's no margin for error when we have a sieve defense like that. This is not the 2010 defense. Collins and Jenkins won't be back for this game.

That's the reality.
  3. PackersFanfromCali80

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    These aren't gift INTs as you call them. The Packers are taking the ball away from the opposing team at an alarming rate. You need to throw regular season stats out of the window. The Packers D has a chance to start fresh. Never discount the power of motivation and the Packers have plenty of it.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,286 / 51 / -15
    Yeah and that 07 game is sooooooo yesterday!
    I mean, it's different teams and situations.
    Plus, this Packers team is erasing past losses by creating a new history of winning.
    1st with the Bears in the NFCGG when they won last year and the Bears beat them before years ago and the 11-0 team beating the Lions on Thanksgiving when the 11-0 60's team lost to the Lions before.

We gotsta have tons of faith that this is today's Packers which is a new and modern team which is starting a whole new tradition of winning.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +122 / 2 / -0
    Dude, we havent lost at home since October last year?
    What makes you think a giants team which we have already beaten this season in New York is going to be a problem.
    Remember last time they played us in Lambeau?

They managed to get alot of pressure last game and that is why it was close.
    Look out for a solid O line performance and a dominant offense the whole game.
  6. JTheGreat

JTheGreat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Alot of analysts were saying if the turnover battle is even, we could lose. I still think if its even we have a great chance to win the game, we just cant lose the turnover battle.
  7. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +643 / 0 / -0
    Quick thoughts (gotta run):

1. This is exactly who the majority of us thought we'd get. No surprise here.
    2. We are at home this time. Could be to our advantage - and we won in their house a few weeks ago. (I actually felt better after that game than some others because it demonstrated Rodgers'/offense's ability to engineer the last-minute win, rather than the "CAN THEY HANG ON?" thing they've done a number of times.)
    3. Clifton - and other stuff of that nature. (Wood concussed during that game - D got a bit disoriented in his absence?)
    4. The media will be yammering all week long about how the Giants can beat us.

I think the Packers will be ready.

I also think that if the New York Giants come into Lambeau Field and win (in a clean, fairly-officiated game), then we don't deserve a chance at the championship anyway.

Champions do not play scared. Are we champions, or are we not? I say we are.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Hype

Hype Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35 / 2 / -0
    ...Snow in the forecast...
  9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,522 / 86 / -26
    Eli thows Picks, Aaron throws TDs.
  10. RandyM

RandyM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    This Giants games scares me....
    • Like Like x 1
  11. PackersFanfromCali80

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, if you are scared about the Giants, then get a watchdog. I don't even listen to the media because they don't know what they are talking about half the time. If the Giants can't get to Aaron, they have no shot to beat the Pack.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754 / 9 / -0
    Matt Ryan and the Falcons offense is such a let down, especially in big games.

Giants have had a lot of slow starts on offense this year and today was another one. Try to start fast if you are Green Bay.

And try your best to ignore the media hype of how amazing the Giants and Saints are this week. Packers can beat anyone if they bring their best game.
  13. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +122 / 2 / -0
    people need to quite whining and get behind this team, we will win this game. I know it.
    • Like Like x 4
  14. JTheGreat

JTheGreat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Right now accuweather is predicting no snow, partly sunny. High of 29 and low of 9. So by 2nd half it will probably be in the teens.
  15. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76 / 3 / -4
    Im scared. Someone hold me.....
  16. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754 / 9 / -0
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76 / 3 / -4

Thanks that makes me feel more better.
  18. meyerbudNYG

meyerbudNYG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    not gonna troll this topic too much here the next week, but u guys really did have that game handed to u in NY. If nothing else Ballard's catch WAS a TD and then we had to settle for a FG. And I still question the rule about Jennings TD on that bobbled catch along wtih Driver stepping out of bounds when he caught his TD.

Not to mention that Tuck is healthy, Osi is back, our line is healthy, Bradshaw is healthy, and Manningham is back. Your facing a different team
  19. meyerbudNYG

meyerbudNYG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    it will definitly be a good game though
  20. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 59 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    Eli is a good, clutch QB.
    We don't pick off the Warners, Mannings, Brees, Brady's like we do the Newtons, Cutlers, Ortons, Bradfords, Ponders, Freemans, Palmers, Staffords, etc.

Eli won't serve up gifts on a silver platter. We fans need to not expect those. Eli will protect the ball. He's clutch. He's smart. I hate the guy but he's cool under pressure.

Now, can we stop them if we don't get ints?

Anyone remember the time of possession in KC?
    Anyone remember the Giants last drive when they marched the length of the field for the TD, and got the 2-PAT?

I just do not have confidence in this defense. There's no pass rush. I think we are capable of stopping their run, but it will expose Shields, Woodson, Tramon, Peprah back there with their dangerous WRs. Even Travis Beckum hurt us last time.

We cannot bring our 'B' game and win. If we play very well, we should win. http://packersinsider.com/?p=3964
    • Like Like x 1
  21. meyerbudNYG

meyerbudNYG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    yea what happened to your defense? Whats the story?

They were so solid last year. U guys didn't really lose anybody either right? I mean besides Barnett but he wasn't there for alot of your run
  22. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No one has stopped the Packs offense this season at Lambeau Field. Giants have a good defense but the Packers are ready and have averaged over 40 points in the last two contests against the Giants. Offensively, the Falcons are from the caliber of the Packers.
  23. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Agreed. I think the key is our d line. Hold at the point of attack and don't let the Giants running game get going. Make Eli more one dimensional so we can get a pick six like the Claymaker did in NYC. :)
  24. maxlives

maxlives Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +87 / 4 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    Oh crud, and here I was thinking the Pack could win this one. Guess I'll trade in my stock, take down the flag, and scrape off the bumper stickers. Apparently the Giants have won the Super Bowl already, no need to play any more games. Dang it!!!
    • Like Like x 2
  25. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
    We lost Collins our safety and Jenkins on the DL. Both have hurt. But neither is a complete excuse for how badly the defense has played.