OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Why do you think that Bogart? Rodgers gave a strong hint that he'd like to give Matt Flynn a crack at it while he sits.

This is what I have been trying to figure out lol. How long will starters play in this game for the Pack?

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I'm so scared. You guys would murder us when you lost back to back to the two best offenses in the league (New Orleans and Green Bay)

Hope you like your 8-7 record under your ******* coach. When you talk about this defense not being able to stop your offense, don't kid yourself when your defense blew it in the final 2 minutes to actually go into OT and possibly beat us, oh and how bad was that Saints game again? 577 total yards was it? The Giants are awesome!

Seriously the Giants were out of the ALL people knew how to call the adjustments on defense against the Saints. Of 3 of them were out do to injuries. Safety Deon Grant was trying to do it for the first time in that game. Add in the crowd noise players not players not being hear the calls from a safety position. Bree lit up the score board no shock there. The Giants did loose a touchdown in the game against our Packers because of a bad call. I live in central Connecticut so I saw still pictures of Ballards knee down in bounds on NY Post and NY Daily News cover. The refs and tv were not at the right angle to see it. Had that been correct it would have been 39 to 35 and 58 secs to go and need a touch down not field goal. Could Rodgers hit a 30 td pass on the last play? Possible but how many defensive backs would be in the endzone? In the end only score at the matters. The point The point I am trying to make here that don't be over confident. I love both teams. I was raised NY Giants fan I live this area. I love Packers and bought in as a shareholder.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Seriously the Giants were out of the ALL people knew how to call the adjustments on defense against the Saints. Of 3 of them were out do to injuries. Safety Deon Grant was trying to do it for the first time in that game. Add in the crowd noise players not players not being hear the calls from a safety position. Bree lit up the score board no shock there. The Giants did loose a touchdown in the game against our Packers because of a bad call. I live in central Connecticut so I saw still pictures of Ballards knee down in bounds on NY Post and NY Daily News cover. The refs and tv were not at the right angle to see it. Had that been correct it would have been 39 to 35 and 58 secs to go and need a touch down not field goal. Could Rodgers hit a 30 td pass on the last play? Possible but how many defensive backs would be in the endzone? In the end only score at the matters. The point The point I am trying to make here that don't be over confident. I love both teams. I was raised NY Giants fan I live this area. I love Packers and bought in as a shareholder.

That's understandable, another point of view.

But 8-7, I'm not really impressed with them.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kind of agree with the O.P.. I don't know if the giants are the packers worst nightmare... but the giants certainly are capable of beating the packers.

I think Giants have a chance to beat the pack.... but NO and SF have a better chance.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Bogart it is funny you say this, because people were saying the exact same thing in 2007.

But they finished 10-6 in 2007, they can't do it now.

The NFC I believe is too competitive for them. Maybe if they only had to worry about the 3 primes in the AFC, they'd have a shot. They just always fall short of impressing me, but I can't take away from them.

If the Packers O-line played like it did the other night against them I think it would be a different ball game. Go back to that game where they didn't get a lick on Brees as New Orleans demolished them, Drew went untouched that entire game. If Rodgers can get the protection like he did against the Bears, I don't think we'd have a problem as far as scoring and running up some points on them.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But they finished 10-6 in 2007, they can't do it now.

The NFC I believe is too competitive for them. Maybe if they only had to worry about the 3 primes in the AFC, they'd have a shot. They just always fall short of impressing me, but I can't take away from them.

If the Packers O-line played like it did the other night against them I think it would be a different ball game. Go back to that game where they didn't get a lick on Brees as New Orleans demolished them, Drew went untouched that entire game. If Rodgers can get the protection like he did against the Bears, I don't think we'd have a problem as far as scoring and running up some points on them.

meh 8-8, 10-6, same **** :D

True. If the O-line gives rodgers protection, packers win easily... But then again, if the patriots of 2007 gave brady protection they would have easily won as well..

Lets pray the O-Line comes to play this playoffs

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the NYG game against the Packers -- don't kid yourself, if the NYG defense gets it together (like they seem to have done against the Jets), they're the last team in football GB wants to play in the playoffs. Based on the the NYG game against the Packers, the Packers simply cannot stop the Giants offense.

Talk is cheap, let them come to Lambeau and our boys will surely give them a shot of doing what they couldn't before. Until then it's all just a bunch of whining and crying by NYG fans. In Green Bay, our Packers make their statements on the scoreboard, so as your guy said, "time to shut up fat boy" and let the games be played. Oh yeah, that knee came down out of bounds....get over it!!

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw still pictures of Ballards knee down in bounds on NY Post and NY Daily News cover. The refs and tv were not at the right angle to see it.
They showed the actual replay about a dozen times and his knee touches the ground out of bounds.
"Still photos" of something that pretty much has to be observed in real time isn't going to cut it and not when the "victimized" city is "publishing" said photos.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Hey as far as that "No TD" goes in the Giants game, Coughlin wants to complain about that, but if that's a TD, then I guess the Jimmy Graham TD in the Saints/Titans game that they called back where he had 2 feet and a knee down was not a TD at all. The Saints would have blown out the Titans had that been called accurately, but no one ever brings that up, Sean Payton could have run a press conference about that and result it in a bunch of media attention, but he did the right thing and didn't complain about it.

Coughlin just proved how big of a **** he is (as always) when he blamed the loss on that. Why not blaming your defense that broke down in the last 2 minutes and let the other team drive down the field in a few plays and kick a field goal to win the game? Hey isn't that the Giants problem every year?

Remember in 2009 they started 5-0 and everyone had them as favorites for the playoffs? 5-0 and they arrived in the Superdome and got the living hell beat out of them from one end of the field to the other. They went on to lose 3 more in a row and finish 8-8 after starting 5-0 and fooling everyone that they were a good team.

That's always the Giants under Coughlin. They play so good the first half of the season, and then are disappointing/good or bad for the second half of the season. Their time to prove they were "The team" of the NFC East was against the 49ers, in which Eli just reminded us all that he's not near as good as his brother, nor will ever be. Also getting swept by the Washington Redskins is a hell lot more painful than it used to be, because they have sucked for a long time.

Don't get too caught up on them beating the Jets. They beat the Jets, a team that is average at best. I just don't get how everyone gets hung up on them. Getting swept by the Redskins is pretty bad, since those games weren't even close, and before we beat them, they got totally man handled by New Orleans. If anything exposed how bad the Giants are, I think it's the divisional matchups. You can learn a lot more seeing them lose to the Vince Young's 3 INT game, and both Redskins games, and I'll also say the Saints gave them a beating offensively, while the 49ers did it defensively.

PackAttack1992

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait, I thought we already beat the Giants...?

It reminds me of the Bear fans who kept telling me that we can't beat them before Sunday night, although we beat them in week 3 this year, in the NFC Championship game last year, week 17 of last year... Yeah, we sure can't beat them or the Giants. Even though we already have...

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the NYG game against the Packers -- don't kid yourself, if the NYG defense gets it together (like they seem to have done against the Jets), they're the last team in football GB wants to play in the playoffs. Based on the the NYG game against the Packers, the Packers simply cannot stop the Giants offense.

I was at that game also. Guess I should sell my Championship tickets now. I will not be able to handle another game like that. Fear the giants... i am sure the Packers are afraid of them. <Going to hide under my bed until spring. NO TV no Radio no internet....

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I just don't get how everyone gets hung up on them.

2007. Everyone remembers them beating NE in the SB and the miracle SB run and they think it can be repeated. I am just not sure lightening in a bottle like that can happen again for these guys. Outside of that one SB run they have been painful in the playoffs under Eli. Besides the 2007 Giants were Strahan's team. And this is Eli's. Eli didn't even play that great vs. the Jets did he? It seemed to me more of a Jets meltdown then anything for a second week in a row......

Also I am starting to think the Giants have the Pats number or are in Brady's head based on the game this year.

I would prefer the Cowboys but overall I am not sure it truly matters. Any East team might give the Pack a tough game but in typical NFC East fashion I also think they can choke it away in the end. Cowboys should not even be in this position IMO. They have blown many games this year and can only blame themselves if they lose Sunday night.

BTW beating Sanchez is nothing special. The Jets o line has declined a lot this year. Wayne Hunter is horrible. And Sanchez I am starting to actually feel sorry for. He is getting less confident as the year goes on and has a fat drooling head coach telling everyone how amazing they are.

I hope the NY teams sit home but I also can never count out a miracle playoff appearance again by either when they have been falling on their overrated faces all year. I swear I will absolutely puke if all the cards fall in favor of the Jets Sunday and they sneak in or something. And then if we see the Cowboys roll over and choke Sunday night or do something ridiculous.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Well I guess your assessment has decided alot of arguments around the league. Many thought the NFCCG went through any NFC playoff team OTHER than the Giants. As for the last team the Packers want to see well that may be true, but as a fan I haven't thought about the NYG since you brought the subject up.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
2007. Everyone remembers them beating NE in the SB and the miracle SB run and they think it can be repeated. I am just not sure lightening in a bottle like that can happen again for these guys. Outside of that one SB run they have been painful in the playoffs under Eli. Besides the 2007 Giants were Strahan's team. And this is Eli's. Eli didn't even play that great vs. the Jets did he? It seemed to me more of a Jets meltdown then anything for a second week in a row......

Also I am starting to think the Giants have the Pats number or are in Brady's head based on the game this year.

I would prefer the Cowboys but overall I am not sure it truly matters. Any East team might give the Pack a tough game but in typical NFC East fashion I also think they can choke it away in the end. Cowboys should not even be in this position IMO. They have blown many games this year and can only blame themselves if they lose Sunday night.

BTW beating Sanchez is nothing special. The Jets o line has declined a lot this year. Wayne Hunter is horrible. And Sanchez I am starting to actually feel sorry for. He is getting less confident as the year goes on and has a fat drooling head coach telling everyone how amazing they are.

I hope the NY teams sit home but I also can never count out a miracle playoff appearance again by either when they have been falling on their overrated faces all year. I swear I will absolutely puke if all the cards fall in favor of the Jets Sunday and they sneak in or something. And then if we see the Cowboys roll over and choke Sunday night or do something ridiculous.

2007 was a few years back though. Gotta lay off of it. Last year the Packers had a top 5 defense, now they are a bottom 3.

I think everyone can agree that the NFC East is a very disappointing division. You got Dallas who was 13-3 back in 2007, swept NY, and then loses to them in the first round. The Eagles will win that division over and over and go on to disappoint in the playoffs or Super Bowl. Then there is, oh my god, the Redskins who have become the laughing stock of the NFL. You wouldn't know it from watching football, but some how the Redskins managed to become the 2nd most wealthiest team in the league under Dan Synder, and that has NOTHING to do with fans/merchandise/jerseys or anything related to that, it's simply because he's a business man that likes to make money and build a fantasy football roster out of the team he owns. No wonder Joe Gibbs and Jimmy Johnson don't coach anymore, they have to be down right disappointed at the competition level of the NFC East. I mean, New York got swept by the crappy Redskins, and the Cowboys got swept by Philadelphia who isn't a playoff contender. That's just sad.

rmayer32

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worry about the cowboys first. And if "big IF" the giants get past that mess of a team wild card weekend beckons.

If by some crazy miracle they make it this far I don't think they will ever make it past us in Green Bay. We already had that fluke game and this time there will be no soul crushing interception on overtime to hand them the title.

Frozencheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers breaking his arm is the Packer's worst nightmare. The Giants were just another notch on the bedpost for GB this year, seeing as Dallas is going to win the division.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't think it matters one way or the other if the Giants or Cowboys get into the playoffs. They are essentially the same, neither one will go far anyway and will most likely be gone in the Wildcard round. If they start to make a charge and last beyond the Wildcard, then maybe we should give them some consideration. But until then, and I'm not trying to be intentionally p0mpous, whatever is going on in the Wildcard at this moment is pretty much of little concern.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The OP must be dyslexic.
Must have meant that the Packers are the Giants worst nightmare.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually the Packers D did stop the Giants O otherwise the Giants would have outscored the Pack.
The Giants D didn't stop the Packers O.
Derp.

The Giants suck against the Pack and will suck again against the Pack.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts