OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who had Nelson 1st time?

Have you seen him play other than that day?
Either blackmon or Rolle. Our corner position has been decimated with injuries. We have 4 guy guys who landed on ir.
Prince was hurt since training camp, and was forced into playing when he was cleared to play. But he has been getting better each week.
Rolle has been the guy who plays nickel corner for us, and to answer your question no I have not seen him play since the game with us.

bigbluefan10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holy crap, bigblue.

You log on, click on this thread and decide to quote a post from December 27th? That was post #2 for crying out loud! Do you realize that this thread is now well over 1000 posts?

Or is your next post going to be wondering if Rodgers is rusty? Or why don't you ask if Jennings is really ready to go? You know- he might still have a bum leg. Please tell us your thoughts. Did you know that the Packers were 15-1 last season? DRINK! JPP sure is playing well- why don't you tell us so. And since you've had your front four back, are the Giants an entirely different team? Please comment as us Packer fans don't know yet. Why don't you tell us how the Giants have momentum now and are playing so much better than before. Us uneducated Packer fans don't know these facts yet and your sudden involvement in this thread is timely. Please share your wisdom with us, oh, bigblue.

I suggest you read the damned thread before you call us cocky and uneducated.

Hey, sorry if I came off as brash, I'm just tired of hearing Packer fans (not here necessarily, just in general) who think the Giants don't have a chance...as for commenting on a post from so long ago, it's not like I had never been to this message board before since oh, I don't know, I'm not a Packers fan? Sorry, didn't realize the post was from so long ago, and as I'm a student, I don't have all day and night to read through all 1000 posts.

Doesn't mean I'm gonna shut up though; I was looking forward to having some civil conversations with you guys..guess that's not what you were looking for.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Either blackmon or Rolle. Our corner position has been decimated with injuries. We have 4 guy guys who landed on ir.
Prince was hurt since training camp, and was forced into playing when he was cleared to play. But he has been getting better each week.
Rolle has been the guy who plays nickel corner for us, and to answer your question no I have not seen him play since the game with us.

Well he really causes a match up issue with anyone..He is either faster than Jennings or real damn close..I know I posted their 40's recently and depending on what site you use, he is faster..

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

vs Aqib Talib in college

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, sorry if I came off as brash, I'm just tired of hearing Packer fans (not here necessarily, just in general) who think the Giants don't have a chance...as for commenting on a post from so long ago, it's not like I had never been to this message board before since oh, I don't know, I'm not a Packers fan? Sorry, didn't realize the post was from so long ago, and as I'm a student, I don't have all day and night to read through all 1000 posts.

Doesn't mean I'm gonna shut up though; I was looking forward to having some civil conversations with you guys..guess that's not what you were looking for.

Your fellow fans (not all), but most that have come here are acting like the Pack have no shot..

So forgive us if we seem to be touchy...It has been this way since last weekend..

Not to mention all we hear is your D-L is the best thing ever now that they are healthy, (in fact you posted similar) and as I replied to you, our OL is finally all together again, it has been a make shift O-L since week 3..

But no one likes to hear that about our O-L...So in our eyes, you guys want us to resepct your DL (trust me, a few of us here really do) yet most of the G fans wont give our line any respect.

That isnt saying our O-L will shut yours down...I just dont think you and the others knew that about our OL and that you shouldnt just assume your DL will run over us.

While our OL hasnt been tested since week 3, they did do pretty good vs that Steelers steel curtain last year...So the potential is there for them to do very well again..

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your fellow fans (not all), but most that have come here are acting like the Pack have no shot..

So forgive us if we seem to be touchy...It has been this way since last weekend..

Not to mention all we hear is your D-L is the best thing ever now that they are healthy, (in fact you posted similar) and as I replied to you, our OL is finally all together again, it has been a make shift O-L since week 3..

But no one likes to hear that about our O-L...So in our eyes, you guys want us to resepct your DL (trust me, a few of us here really do) yet most of the G fans wont give our line any respect.

That isnt saying our O-L will shut yours down...I just dont think you and the others knew that about our OL and that you shouldnt just assume your DL will run over us.

While our OL hasnt been tested since week 3, they did do pretty good vs that Steelers steel curtain last year...So the potential is there for them to do very well again..

Sorry my man, but the bolded statement is absolutely false.

bigbluefan10

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have to say, that's something I've been surprised has been left out of the discussion so much...having to deal with a make shift OL ourselves, I know how much difference that can make, especially when you have a star QB like Rodgers.

How much impact do you think having your star OLs back is going to make? Personally, I think that the whole game will be a bloodbath, with both lines going at each other will all they've got. In the beginning I think our front four will shut you guys down, but as the game progresses your OL will get a feel for how they work and give AR much more time.

Your thoughts?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Sure it is...

90% of the G men posts are saying the giants should win..

Sorry you dont see it...Maybe it is something that started right away by a few posters and it is sticking to me like a sore thumb..but I dont think so

bigbluefan10

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah he's right...if you check out the GMB, any threads that start off like "Green Bay has no chance!!!" they will get shut down right away.

We Giants fans know that this is NOT going to be easy...but we definitely think we have a good shot

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't realize the post was from so long ago, and as I'm a student, I don't have all day and night to read through all 1000 posts.

So, because you don't have time to read and actually find out what is being said on this forum, it's ok to log on and call us uneducated and cocky? Strange.

Doesn't mean I'm gonna shut up though;.

No one is asking for you to shut up. Your first post was just rude, that's all.

I was looking forward to having some civil conversations with you guys..guess that's not what you were looking for.

You can guess, or you can invest some time in reading what is being discussed so that you can educate yourself, then jump in as you wish. Welcome to the forum either way.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have to say, that's something I've been surprised has been left out of the discussion so much...having to deal with a make shift OL ourselves, I know how much difference that can make, especially when you have a star QB like Rodgers.

How much impact do you think having your star OLs back is going to make? Personally, I think that the whole game will be a bloodbath, with both lines going at each other will all they've got. In the beginning I think our front four will shut you guys down, but as the game progresses your OL will get a feel for how they work and give AR much more time.

Your thoughts?

Clif had 25 snaps last game (I think that was the number I heard)...I expect him to be able to play most of the game, and if not Newhouse is very capable as the following link shows, we won with Newhouse before..but I rather have our pro bowl LT back there..

Cliffy should be ok from the get go..He started and played 3 series...Wasnt to sore and has all last 2 weeks to recover plus he has been practicing..He is a 12 year vet, so he just needs to get back to game speed..

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-packers-clifton

With Bulaga back is almost the same thing...He started 12 games as a rookie last year and entire playoffs...Made all rookie team by profootball weekly

Bulaga wasnt out as long as Cliffy, so he should be able to jump right in an be okay...

With those two back and with the addition of TJ Lang at guard ( he replaced our starting guard from the SB last year) our line is BETTER then it was during the playoffs last year..

With this being a home game, I am confident that the line play for us should be just good enough to allow Rodgers the time he needs.. IF that holds true, we will score lot of points.

If this was by you, I wouldnt be so confident.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, sorry if I came off as brash, I'm just tired of hearing Packer fans (not here necessarily, just in general) who think the Giants don't have a chance...

Im sick of Giants fans in real life that tell me the Giants are going to absolutely CRUSH the Packers. No ifs and or buts about it.... Green Bay will be picked apart by the Giants in every way shape or form because the Giants are SO hot. You cant even talk to these people about it because they simply just plug their ears when you want to discuss it, then unplug them when your done talking and state "Like I said, the Giants are going to destroy the Packers". Im sick of it.

Edit: Im from NY so I hear it all day.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What MB are you on? Your own site has a thread dedicated to score predictions and not one Giants fan predicted a blow out. So who is saying the Packers "have no shot"?

http://www.packerforum.com/threads/packer-vrs-giants-predictions.34078/#post-422902

Lets not just make statements, back it up a bit.

Never said a blow out? It is the cockyness that is being spread from your fellow posters I am talking about..

I even said
Maybe it is something that started right away by a few posters and it is sticking to me like a sore thumb..but I dont think so

Maybe there are only 3 that are making me feel this way..all I know is that more then half of post have read ( up until yesterday) made me go WTF...

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im sick of Giants fans in real life that tell me the Giants are going to absolutely CRUSH the Packers. No ifs and or buts about it.... Green Bay will be picked apart by the Giants in every way shape or form because the Giants are SO hot. You cant even talk to these people about it because they simply just plug their ears when you want to discuss it, then unplug them when your done talking and state "Like I said, the Giants are going to destroy the Packers". Im sick of it.

Where in NY, Middletown?
You ever heard of Frank Rizzo up there? He used to sell cars......

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.packerforum.com/threads/...e-packers-are-going-to-win.34096/#post-424217

thats fair, but I think we had more significant players come back and it was a 3 point game. And the biggest part about the players coming back is that they are all back to defend the strongest aspect of the packers game which is their passing offense

don't kid yourself, if the NYG defense gets it together (like they seem to have done against the Jets), they're the last team in football GB wants to play in the playoffs. Based on the the NYG game against the Packers, the Packers simply cannot stop the Giants offense.

not gonna troll this topic too much here the next week, but u guys really did have that game handed to u in NY. If nothing else Ballard's catch WAS a TD and then we had to settle for a FG. And I still question the rule about Jennings TD on that bobbled catch along wtih Driver stepping out of bounds when he caught his TD.

Not to mention that Tuck is healthy, Osi is back, our line is healthy, Bradshaw is healthy, and Manningham is back. Your facing a different team

Then the guy making a thread he will drink his own **** if the Giants lose..

Those are doing a search for 3 minutes..

Maybe that is just them stating how they can win..But IMO (which is something that can't be proven, or denied)

Again maybe I am just overly sensitive about it all, but the general feeling from the 1st wave of fans was cocky..

bigbluefan10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, because you don't have time to read and actually find out what is being said on this forum, it's ok to log on and call us uneducated and cocky? Strange.

No one is asking for you to shut up. Your first post was just rude, that's all.

You can guess, or you can invest some time in reading what is being discussed so that you can educate yourself, then jump in as you wish. Welcome to the forum either way.

Ok let me try this again.
I AM SORRY that I posted before reading the whole thread, it is a pet peeve of mine when people do it on GMB but I hadn't realized how long the thread was (wasn't super familiar with the layout as it's quite different- better, to be honest- than the GMB).

As I said, I AM SORRY if I sounded brash (another word for rude), that was not my intention.

I don't know about you, but I would prefer to discuss the upcoming game than how I accidentally responded to something currently beaten-to-death.

bigbluefan10

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't know about you, but I highly doubt either team will be picked apart or absolutely demolished. I really think both teams have a good shot, and from an objective point of view you could argue either team has the better "edge" (although most would say GB does).

However, I am a Giants fan so I'm hoping our momentum keeps us rolling and we're able to win, something I really think we can do.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
After the Funeral Friday I give the emotional edge to the Packers. Remember the game after Brett's Father Died? This team is going to play their hearts out for Phil. They will leave nothing on that field. The emotions that have built up this week are going to be unleashed this Sunday. IMHO you are going to see a team playing at a level you haven't seen them play yet.

E-rutherford

Measure twice.....cut once
Reaction score
Sure it is...

90% of the G men posts are saying the giants should win..

Sorry you dont see it...Maybe it is something that started right away by a few posters and it is sticking to me like a sore thumb..but I dont think so
If its a "Gmen" post they should be 100% that the Giants should win. I would expect every Packer fan to say the Pack should win as well.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok let me try this again.
I AM SORRY that I posted before reading the whole thread, it is a pet peeve of mine when people do it on GMB but I hadn't realized how long the thread was (wasn't super familiar with the layout as it's quite different- better, to be honest- than the GMB).

As I said, I AM SORRY if I sounded brash (another word for rude), that was not my intention.

I don't know about you, but I would prefer to discuss the upcoming game than how I accidentally responded to something currently beaten-to-death.

My fellow fan didnt have his cheese yet this morning...So forgive him lol

E-rutherford

Measure twice.....cut once
Reaction score
After the Funeral Friday I give the emotional edge to the Packers. Remember the game after Brett's Father Died? This team is going to play their hearts out for Phil. They will leave nothing on that field. The emotions that have built up this week are going to be unleashed this Sunday. IMHO you are going to see a team playing at a level you haven't seen them play yet.
I hear you but the big dif is that Brett actually played that day his Pop died and he made the difference. No disrespect intended at all to Coach Philbin. Its just a different scenario.
Both teams have emotions built up for many reasons....

bigbluefan10

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I've been saying this all week but most seem to disagree with me..I think this is going to have a major factor on the game. We'll have to see how it plays out, but I agree, I think GB is going to come fired up to play for their OC.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If its a "Gmen" post they should be 100% that the Giants should win. I would expect every Packer fan to say the Pack should win as well.

Not what I meant..

It is the way bigbluefan10 that just post that no one has an issue with..

Its the out right disrespect for our offesne, and on top of it, the ones that I have issues with didnt even know we had 2 or 3 lineman gone for an extended period..

If your going to get cocky and confident, great, but look who is playing for the packers 1st.dont assume it is the same team a few weeks ago..

Something that is a common theme with Giant fans...Our DL is healthy and will beat your OL...and they dont bother to see who is playing..

Giant fans have EVERY right to say their team will win, but there is a way to discuss it and then a way to be a confident ***

Members online

No members online now.