OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any Packers fan who actually has a clue about the sport care to give it a crack?
Yeah I'll give it a crack. The answer is maybe. For sure he is an important part of our defense. But if enough attention is given to him to slow him down and that would command a lot I think we'd see guys like Bishop, and I say this with a prayer in mind maybe even Walden or Zombo. But as you said I don't see that happening. Matthews will be stoked, fueled by the Lambeau crowd.

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I'll give it a crack. The answer is maybe. For sure he is an important part of our defense. But if enough attention is given to him to slow him down and that would command a lot I think we'd see guys like Bishop, and I say this with a prayer in mind maybe even Walden or Zombo. But as you said I don't see that happening. Matthews will be stoked, fueled by the Lambeau crowd.
Keep Walden OFF the field please.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brad Jones ?
I don't think we have an answer at that LB position and haven't all year long. I'm just hoping that Capers has something up his sleeve for this game. To me Zombo is the best option but he has liabilities especially in pass coverage. We may see a mix of Jones and Zombo depending on the downs and distance. One thing is for sure, that LB position has to be solved during the off season.

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we have an answer at that LB position and haven't all year long. I'm just hoping that Capers has something up his sleeve for this game. To me Zombo is the best option but he has liabilities especially in pass coverage. We may see a mix of Jones and Zombo depending on the downs and distance. One thing is for sure, that LB position has to be solved during the off season.

Soto?

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again you have a problem. Soto is a converted defensive end. He can pressure the QB but I haven't seen him in perform in pass coverage. But yes he might be the better option on passing downs.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I remember this time last year none of us really thought much about Starks. My little fantasy is Capers has been holding So'oto as his hole card the last couple of games and is going to unleash a big surprise the next couple of weeks. He has shown flashes.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember this time last year none of us really thought much about Starks. My little fantasy is Capers has been holding So'oto as his hole card the last couple of games and is going to unleash a big surprise the next couple of weeks. He has shown flashes.
That's my fantasy too.
I want So'oto to bullrush beast Manning and sack the baby 3 or 4 times, hard.
So'oto is strong like bull.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

Same. I've been wondering who this years secret weapon is going to be and I think it's going to be So'oto. Although I also hope Starks has a good game. We need to at least have some sort of running game.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Same. I've been wondering who this years secret weapon is going to be and I think it's going to be So'oto. Although I also hope Starks has a good game. We need to at least have some sort of running game.
Grant has been doing great. I think we are going to be good in the run game, would be great to have starks back.

passtheSALSA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So losing Cruz be a detriment to your team yes or no?
It would be big no doubt, but it wouldn't be as detrimental as losing Matthews. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cruz isn't our #1 receiver. Nicks is. Manningham is also very capable of big plays.

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So losing Cruz will not be a detriment to your team yes or no?

No not really. Obviously it would hurt but our offense would still be legit.

I dont think u have aback up LBer that equals the backup we would have in Manningham