Official Gameday Thread: Packers vs Vikings - The quest for 9-0

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Didn't post one of these last week as I was swamped with homework.

I'd like to start off by saying that this was an immensely fun game to watch and a near-perfect team performance.

- Randall Cobb. Risk/reward with this guy. Love his ability but you cannot drop the ball. With this offense clicking as it is, we frankly don't need anything from the special teams. #1 priority by far on special teams has to be to protect the ball. It's really nice to finally have a threat returning the ball though.

- Jordy Nelson is such a good player. Great body control, strength, and speed. Really a big-time playmaker.

- Aaron Rodgers is without a doubt my favorite Packer ever. I'm a younger fan and wasn't able to fully comprehend Brett at his best. Makes all the throws, has a great swagger to him yet remains humble. Always quick to point out McCarthy's playcalling, the offensive line, and his receivers as reasons they've been so good.

- I'm not sure what the rule is on obscenities on this site but I feel that many will agree that Jared Allen is an ***-clown. Already down by 14 in the 1st quarter, just gave up a 20-yard completion on 4th and 5, and about to give up more points, and he decides it's a good time to **** off after a sack. Then came back with it again down 17. Hate the guy so much. Wasn't doing much celebrating after that however.

- Props to the D for a great game. Guys finally got home on the blitz, the secondary didn't give up anything beyond 15 yards or so, and Matthews finally got those sacks we've been hoping for.

- Bishop continues to make plays and is so underrated even by our own fans. A fantastic pass-rusher, big hitter, and decent in coverage.

- Woodson played like a DPOY tonight. Tons of plays from PBUs, TFLs, and near INTs. Would've been great to see him tie Rod Woodson's pick-six record though.

- Crosby put a bunch of balls out of the end zone, love that.

- Matt Flynn still looks like an NFL starter.

- I don't understand why Grant gets as many meaningful carries as he does in some of these games. Starks runs harder/better and is now a solid pass-catcher/protector. We are able to grind out games a little bit with Starks, which is big.

As a Packer fan, I really hope Leslie Frazier is around for another 2 years. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening. The team has all of the same flaws that Childress' teams had like conservative offensive playcalling and misuse of timeouts to name a few.

9-0 feels great and a perfect season would be incredible. However, anything less than a Super Bowl win would be disappointing. Before the season, no way I would have said that but we look so much better than everybody else that it's hard to imagine us losing a game now.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
If Rodgers grows his beard back as I think he will, I will have to put up a picture of Bogie with the beard from Treasure of Sierra Madre, that's how much I love our quarterback :)

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
If Rodgers grows his beard back as I think he will, I will have to put up a picture of Bogie with the beard from Treasure of Sierra Madre, that's how much I love our quarterback :)

Haha. Bogart, I thank you for reading my ramblings most weeks.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) the vikings are horrible

2) rodgers looked vulnerable at some plays (i.e. held the baller longer than he should).

3) rodgers and his wr corps have INSANE chemistry. Insane...

4) Defense might be gelling, but hard to tell against this inept vikings offense

5) It seems every game i watch of the packers, the WR'S always seem to miss some very catchable passes..

6) Flynn >>>rodgers

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
lmao @ this..

Posted: Today 9:53 PM
Green Bay has no class

Obviously were deservedly getting killed but have you noticed.

1.) The packers go for it in the shotgun on 4th and 2 while in FG range and up 3 scores?
2.) Woodson is blitzing a rookie qb with a big lead on almost every down.
3.) The packers refuse to run the ball while up 3+ scores...really.

I call that classless crap. That is not the way to play. I hope other teams are taking notice of this behavior
and someone sticks it up their @$$. I will not root for them if they reach the sb this year. Like I did last year.

And im not a sore loser we clearly suck. But this is not how football should be play. Line up and run the damn ball Green Bay like real men!

HAHAHAHAHA

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
5) It seems every game i watch of the packers, the WR'S always seem to miss some very catchable passes..

You know I was thinking that too, then I tried watching another game and it seems like their players couldn't catch them either. So I think it is a league wide issue.

But I think the Packers got something this week.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing like a 45-7 win in primetime. We beat Dallas that much last year on Sunday Night too right? Lovely day

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
By the way..

Jared Allen after the game says he "hopes the Packers win it all"

Hate the guy, but I hate him because he's such a pain in Rodgers ***. Mad respect.

Loran

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great win. Sweeping the Vikings two years in a row is sweet.
Great job by the defense!
Only thing I'll complain about is Rodgers taking those hits.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I liked what Jennings had to say after the game. They are just focused on the next game. The next game is the big one to them. Sure 16-0 crosses their mind. But it doesn't mean anything if you don't take care of business in the next game. What a great attitude.

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
Congratulations to the Packers and their devoted fans! The game was not as entertaining as I would have liked (I'm sure you understand since I am a Vikings fan lol) and unfortunately it wasn't injury free. Just thankful that there were no kicks to the nether-regions, or the ripping off of helmets and a bench clearing brawl (Bears suck). Since our season is officially over since we've played and lost to you twice, I'll be cheering the cheese from afar and hoping you guys make 16-0. Hope you, the Lions, or *puking* the Bears bring another Super Bowl championship to the NFC North!

Have fun Packer Fans!

~Val

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I liked what Jennings had to say after the game. They are just focused on the next game. The next game is the big one to them. Sure 16-0 crosses their mind. But it doesn't mean anything if you don't take care of business in the next game. What a great attitude.

Just watched that on Packers.com... I got mad love for Jennings too!!! Second best smile on the team!
*Also noted... the stadium was still fairly packed with fans.. no doubt chanting (LOUDLY) 'GO PACK GOOOOO!"

D

Dan115

Congratulations to the Packers and their devoted fans! The game was not as entertaining as I would have liked (I'm sure you understand since I am a Vikings fan lol) and unfortunately it wasn't injury free. Just thankful that there were no kicks to the nether-regions, or the ripping off of helmets and a bench clearing brawl (Bears suck). Since our season is officially over since we've played and lost to you twice, I'll be cheering the cheese from afar and hoping you guys make 16-0. Hope you, the Lions, or *puking* the Bears bring another Super Bowl championship to the NFC North!

Have fun Packer Fans!

~Val

Would like to see the vikes beat the lions and dabears.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Have fun Packer Fans!

~Val

Very classy, Val. Best of luck to you and your team, especially when playing the Bears and Lions.

Jim

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If, if, if. If Woodson didn't have two interceptions, if the Vikings hadn't blown coverage on one play the Packer scored a touchdown on, the game would have ended different as well. Remember, the "ifs" work for both teams.

True, but with one team you expect those kind of things and with the better team you don't.

Members online

Latest posts