Official Gameday Thread: Packers vs Vikings - The quest for 9-0

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hopefully we make Ponder Ponder his decision to suit up against the best team in the league. Rodgers will have his usual field day with their lackluster group of DBs . Hopefully we can contain AP enough to not single handedly beat us and no give up 5-7 big plays in the back end of our D. Should win handily 34-21

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was nervous about the first game at the noise-infused, toilet bowl called the MetroDump! The Vikings nicely stepped up their game in the cozy, comfort of their home and gave the Packers something to think about.

Now the HC of the Vikings thinks that Ponder will be able to step up his game because he has some familiarity with the Packer defense. Wrooooong! It's Ponder who won't be the surprise this time around. This time I have a feeling that this could be an a**-whopping for the Vikings. I'm guessing that our defense will be so darn grumpy; from answering why they stunk it up so bad in SD, that Ponder & Co will leave town with their tails between their legs!

Go Pack Go!

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It all starts with a pass rush. Anyone know when Neal will be ready to play?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I hate the Vikings more than I do the Bears, or at least I grew up hating them in the 90's back when the Bears were terrible.

Minnesota has never been this bad I think. Sure they've had a few crappy seasons, but I've never seen them have them back to back so bad like this.

Sadly I think Favre hurt this rivalry. The Vikings still give us a tough game, but it's no where near what it used to be.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd REALLY like this to be the game where our defense starts to get its act together.... But that may never happen... :(

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I think this is the longest time span from end of last game to present "official game day" thread!
I AGREE YFPoland!! I think this IS the game where it all comes together!!!

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I just hope everyone stays healthy (knock on wood) cause I'm going to the 11/20 game against the bucs. I think its gonna be a romp though, in fact i think since its monday night against the struggling viqueens, and our D is gonna want to step it up we'll see matty flynn for the first time this season.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Keep in mind this is divisional.

A blow out could happen, but this is divisional, you can't always expect it no matter how bad this team is.

They are bad, and they lost to us by 6 points, and out gained us on total yards, having a career day with rushing.

A divisional game can be the hardest game of the year, because these guys know us from playing us twice a year. I'm actually worried about this game. Worried to death that Adrian Peterson will have 200 rushing yards, and Ponder will have 300 in the air. As Tony Dungy said, some teams are going to be studying the San Diego tape and how we blew a 21 point lead in garbage time. The defense has to step it up, but I have to see that to believe it, I won't be surprised if they out gain us again like they did earlier this year, and rack up 200 rushing yards on our bad defense.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Can we do it...of course

Will we do it....probably

But that's why you play the game. Otherwise everybody would just give up now and cede the Superbowl to the Pack.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
People when you make an OFFICIAL thread it isnt really official until a MOD sticks it..

So why not send the mods a message with a link to the thread?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Heart Attack Pack again. AKA Where's the ****** when I need it??? 31-27 Packers

I'm gonna edit this and also say; I don't trust this Vikings team. Ponder may have improved them exponentially. This is going to be a very tough game for the Packers.

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
Upset in the making... Packers play at home in front of a rabid crowd and waltz in overconfident that they will destroy the Vikings on the Monday night prime time game of the week. Penalties and turnovers will plague the Pack. Ponder will throw for 250+ yards and 2 TD's and Peterson will be a bull with another 100-yard performance and a TD to match. Allen and Robison will each collect a sack and a few TFLs.

Vikings 24
Packers 20

~Val

Disclaimer: If this prediction comes true, it is a point in fact that Valhalla Express is a prophet, seer and revelator of unforeseen power. If it doesn't come true, he is the biggest bullshiter in Minnesota. LOL Good luck to both teams! SKOL VIKINGS!

Magnus Chhan

Mag 'n Cheese
Reaction score
We need to get So'oto out there to see if that dude can really play against the 1st team. He looked really really good in preseason. Have Neal in there would help too, but let's not kid ourselves; Neal isn't going to get a full workload. He will most likely get eased into the game. D-line needs to step it up!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could be the game where the d-fence gets it together and turns things around for them for the rest of the season.
While I'm not expecting that, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.
What I am expecting is another d-fence effort enough to keep the Vikings from outscoring the Pack and another close game.
Packers 35
Vikings 24

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts