Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Steelers 12/20: LOSS 37 - 36

hbk314

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, it's ridiculous to say that if Crosby would have made that field goal, the Packers would have won. That miss was way back in the second quarter. It wasn't a missed 23 yarder with a 7 point lead and under two minutes to play. The Packers having three more points there would have changed everything that happened after it. Yes, he should make a 34 yard field goal, but it's also one of the toughest stadiums in the league to kick in. To blame a loss on a missed FG in the second quarter of a game that was a shootout and was decided on the final play simply doesn't make sense.

hbk314

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was frustrated with Crosby and Bush, but even more with the officiating. I could tell it was going to be another steeler love fest for the NFL when during the first few offensive plays the steeler bull rushed Rodgers and speared him helmet to helmet on 2 series. Then later on Harrison totally delivers a late blow on Rodgers slamming him into the turf and just lays on top of him talking smack. All 3 of those should have been roughing the passer, and I am sure if the Packers would have done it would have been called.

The fumble reversal was the biggest ******** call I have seen all year. Did you see even Ben said "Wow" on the sidelines when the call was reversed.
It seems to me that the NFL just wants as many east coast teams in the playoffs (or in the hunt) for as long as they can. The officiating tonight only serves to back up my crazy conspiracy theory.

I'm not sure that I saw the 1st and 3rd possible roughing the passer that you're referring to, but the "spear" wasn't anywhere near as malicious as you make it sound. The reversal of the fumble was the correct call. His arm was clearly moving forward before he lost control of the ball, and the ball went forward. I don't know how much clearer it could have been.

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You jokers crack me up....

You get all "arrogant" because the Packers beat up some "tomato cans" and a Dallas team that had their heads up their ***, and then when a real team shows you some reality, you start attacking Favre...

You guys know deep down that this team isn't very good, don't you?

That's why you're so pissed off...

No way are you guys even in the game if Pittsburgh had Palamalalou in there....

But it's funny to hear you guys whine and cry about the REFS....

Favre already SPANKED you twice but you STILL haven't learned your lesson...

Like spoiled children, you need another whuppin by yo' Daddy...(and I'm sure Favre would like to give it to you)...but you'll never go that far!
F

I have a question, did you become a troll when Favre jumped on the 1 year bandwagon in MN? Thought so....nice win tonight at least we came within a point of the Super Bowl champions while your precious Favre got his **** sacked 4 times by the less than mediocre Carolina Panthers, and the retarted lumberjack you idiots call a coach wanted to take him out so that he didn't snap his brittle old spine before the playoffs.

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You jokers crack me up....

You get all "arrogant" because the Packers beat up some "tomato cans" and a Dallas team that had their heads up their ***, and then when a real team shows you some reality, you start attacking Favre...

You guys know deep down that this team isn't very good, don't you?

That's why you're so pissed off...

No way are you guys even in the game if Pittsburgh had Palamalalou in there....

But it's funny to hear you guys whine and cry about the REFS....

Favre already SPANKED you twice but you STILL haven't learned your lesson...

Like spoiled children, you need another whuppin by yo' Daddy...(and I'm sure Favre would like to give it to you)...but you'll never go that far!

and who the **** is Palamalalou?

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where's SKOL telling us all how great Minnesota's O-line is? I knew it was suspect and against a solid defense, it could get rough in the playoffs.

tfrentz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holding on the last play why was this not called

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where's SKOL telling us all how great Minnesota's O-line is? I knew it was suspect and against a solid defense, it could get rough in the playoffs.

That is what is great about having you around. Most of your posts involve an "I knew, I told you, you guys just don't get it, etc." It is great to have such an expert in our mists.

:viksux:

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I'm going to go out on a limb again and predict that Mason Crosby will ding the upright, or shank one completely to lose a game this year."

This was my prediction at the beginning of the season......and this was the game I was talking about....I better not see him in Green and Gold next year.

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holding on the last play why was this not called

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Awesome...do you have video of the clock stopping at 8 seconds instead of running continuously before their last timeout was called? That seemed to save them about 3 seconds on the clock, giving them enough time to throw the touchdown. Home field advantage I guess...:icon_mad:

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I'm going to go out on a limb again and predict that Mason Crosby will ding the upright, or shank one completely to lose a game this year."

This was my prediction at the beginning of the season......and this was the game I was talking about....I better not see him in Green and Gold next year.

.....BUT CAN'T YOU SEE HIS BOAT-LOADS OF POTENTIAL AND ABILITY TO TOUGH IT OUT IN THE COLD WEATHER SINCE HE PLAYED AT COLORADO?
HIS LONG SNAPPER IS ALWAYS SNAPPING IT WRONG AND HIS HOLDER CAN'T GET IT DOWN THAT WELL, CROSBY SHOULD STAY FOR SURE.

/sarcasm

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
.....BUT CAN'T YOU SEE HIS BOAT-LOADS OF POTENTIAL AND ABILITY TO TOUGH IT OUT IN THE COLD WEATHER SINCE HE PLAYED AT COLORADO?
HIS LONG SNAPPER IS ALWAYS SNAPPING IT WRONG AND HIS HOLDER CAN'T GET IT DOWN THAT WELL, CROSBY SHOULD STAY FOR SURE.

/sarcasm

Forgot the Sarcasm and thats all true

Crosby should stay!

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talk about denial.

And I agree, Crosby should stay.......... IN PITTSBURGH

I cant see that we could find anyone that would be a drop in improvement right now for the rest of this year. Thats the only reason why I think he should stay.

If he is still on the roster next year I will be suprised.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant see that we could find anyone that would be a drop in improvement right now for the rest of this year. Thats the only reason why I think he should stay.

If he is still on the roster next year I will be suprised.
That's my point. How worse can it get? A drop from a 35 yard miss? A drop from the 4th consecutive week of a less than 40 yarder miss?

hbk314

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Awesome...do you have video of the clock stopping at 8 seconds instead of running continuously before their last timeout was called? That seemed to save them about 3 seconds on the clock, giving them enough time to throw the touchdown. Home field advantage I guess...:icon_mad:
I'd have to rewatch it to find specifics, but I think they lost a few seconds when the clock didn't stop right away after one of the sacks with a defensive penalty. It all evened out.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's my point. How worse can it get? A drop from a 35 yard miss? A drop from the 4th consecutive week of a less than 40 yarder miss?

Yep, I was trying to agree with you on that, I just didnt explain myself very well.

Of course things got a but more interesting with John Carney getting cut today.....:star-wars:

Members online

Latest posts