Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Jets - 10/31: WIN 9 - 0

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DD and Quarless are gonna have to step it up because I see Cromartie and Revis completely shutting down Jones and Jennings...

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I hope Bjax plays the slot more than last game bc he makes insane gains in the Slot.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DD and Quarless are gonna have to step it up because I see Cromartie and Revis completely shutting down Jones and Jennings...
Like LeRoy Butler said, run at them! Cromartie specially is a ***** (no offense Jets fans but you know it).
Screens will work wonders, if MM has a brain inside his head.

This game, we have to be physical. Though thing, they are simply a more physical team than we are, but we have to pick it up. The Vikings are a more physical team than we are but we had the advantage last game.

If I'm MM, I'm running stretches with Sitton and Bulaga, screens with Lee, and CALL MORE SLANTS MIKE MCCARTHY!!!!!!!!

NYJET624

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like LeRoy Butler said, run at them! Cromartie specially is a ***** (no offense Jets fans but you know it).

This game, we have to be physical. Though thing, they are simply a more physical team than we are, but we have to pick it up. The Vikings are a more physical team than we are but we had the advantage last game.

If I'm MM, I'm running stretches with Sitton and Bulaga, screens with Lee, and CALL MORE SLANTS MIKE MCCARTHY!!!!!!!!

I'm not proclaiming Cromartie to be a physical presence, but something about playing for Rex Ryan ignites a player.

Cromartie hasn't been as tentative to lay the wood and put his body on the line this season....that being said his tackling form does suck.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Andrew Schroeder you coming over for the game sunday?

Monday at 2:03pm · Comment · LikeUnlike · View Feedback (1)Hide Feedback (1) · See Wall-to-Wall
  • My Jet Fan FRIEND wants me to come over his house ( I live in NJ) and be surrounded by JET fans to watch the Packers game, I'd rather not put myself in that environment just b/c I'm not going to be able to handle their cheers when the JETS do well...what would you guys do? Would you subject yourself to potential aggravation or watch the game contently and comfortably at home away from the "huge" fan base in my buddy's living room?

EauClaire_Jetfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not proclaiming Cromartie to be a physical presence, but something about playing for Rex Ryan ignites a player.

Cromartie hasn't been as tentative to lay the wood and put his body on the line this season....that being said his tackling form does suck.

I will say last year when he didnt even try to tacle Greene in the playoffs I thought he was soft but he has made some hits this year. Dont get me wrong he is no Ed Reed.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just informed by a jets fan on football'sfuture that the packers are going to lose because Aaron doesnt have enough viable options to throw to.

yes. you read that sentence right.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I think the biggest factor against us is that were playing a team as good as the Jets just as they're coming of their bye week.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers @ Jets Preview | Packers Insider

Jets are fresh, not banged up, have had an extra week to prepare for us.

And get this:

They aren't afraid to add talented veterans to their roster ala a LaDainian Tomlinson, Bart Scott, Antonio Cromartie, Jason Taylor, Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Jim Leonhard........ while our guy only builds thru the draft each April (Mike Neal, Morgan Burnett), and signs guys that we can't even find anything about on Google.

The Jets deserve to be 5-1.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Andrew Schroeder you coming over for the game sunday?

Monday at 2:03pm · Comment · LikeUnlike · View Feedback (1)Hide Feedback (1) · See Wall-to-Wall
  • My Jet Fan FRIEND wants me to come over his house ( I live in NJ) and be surrounded by JET fans to watch the Packers game, I'd rather not put myself in that environment just b/c I'm not going to be able to handle their cheers when the JETS do well...what would you guys do? Would you subject yourself to potential aggravation or watch the game contently and comfortably at home away from the "huge" fan base in my buddy's living room?

Your team has a history of winning and his team has a history of losing. Whos the best jet ever? Broadway Joe? please. If the packers lose you always have the history to fall back on.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers @ Jets Preview | Packers Insider

Jets are fresh, not banged up, have had an extra week to prepare for us.

And get this:

They aren't afraid to add talented veterans to their roster ala a LaDainian Tomlinson, Bart Scott, Antonio Cromartie, Jason Taylor, Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Jim Leonhard........ while our guy only builds thru the draft each April (Mike Neal, Morgan Burnett), and signs guys that we can't even find anything about on Google.

The Jets deserve to be 5-1.

They are going all in. at least 4 of those players on the jets wont be there next year. As far as long term great players that are young they have revis, thats it. Sanchez has to put together a great season b4 i crown him.

Mezzavo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just informed by a jets fan on football'sfuture that the packers are going to lose because Aaron doesnt have enough viable options to throw to.

yes. you read that sentence right.

Now you see...some Jets fans...as with other teams, are just on crack. lol Take it with a grain of salt and move on. ;)

I for one am not going to sleep on the VERY dangerous Packer receiving corps...nor will the Jets LB'ers and Secondary...I can guarantee you that!

Someone mentioned, above, run right at them...???? Screens, I can agree with some screens but our LB'ing corps to a man is very athletic and fast...they sniff screens out pretty well. But you can have some success there. But, you won't run the ball...you can forget that. You don't have the horses to do it...you would have been suspect to run it even with your starters not hurt. The ONLY reason Denver ran it on us a small bit was because we were so focused on their passing game. Only the Bills and Broncos have had over 100 yards on the ground 116 yds. at Buffalo and 74 of those were QB Fitzpatrick. 145 at Denver...but then again, we held their vaunted passing game to 209 yds. when they were averaging over 300...so it balanced out. No, running right at the Jets would not be what I would do.

Honestly, against the Jets D' I would probably go intermediate 5-10 yd. routes...underneath...and then DEEP over the top stuff...20+ yds. or more. That's how I would attack until Revis proves he's 100%.

jetsknicks1

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There's no doubt that Cro doesn't like to hit but his coverage has been excellent this season. If you guys try to play a physical style, that plays right into the Jet's strength. I really think that we'll be able to stop your run which means Rogers will need to put the ball in the air. Rogers is a very good QB but he's also 4th in the NFL in picks. If he has to air it out to move the ball I like our seconday to get a couple picks.

NYJET624

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are going all in. at least 4 of those players on the jets wont be there next year. As far as long term great players that are young they have revis, thats it. Sanchez has to put together a great season b4 i crown him.

The Jets are built to win now and in the future.

They have a few veterans like LT and Jason TAylor....but their true core is very young.

At least one of Santonio/Braylon will be re-signed....and Cromartie has a high chance as well.

Revis (25)
Sanchez (23)
Greene (25)
Conner (23)
Santonio/Braylon (26/27)
Harris (26)
Mangold (26)
Ferguson (26)
Cromartie (26)
Keller (26)

As you can see, all of our most important players are also very young, and out of that list the only one we might lose is either Santonio or Braylon.

We are only old all around on the D-Line....but they still have 1-2 more years and there's always the draft.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jets are built to win now and in the future.

They have a few veterans like LT and Jason TAylor....but their true core is very young.

At least one of Santonio/Braylon will be re-signed....and Cromartie has a high chance as well.

Revis (25)
Sanchez (23)
Greene (25)
Conner (23)
Santonio/Braylon (26/27)
Harris (26)
Mangold (26)
Ferguson (26)
Cromartie (26)
Keller (26)

As you can see, all of our most important players are also very young, and out of that list the only one we might lose is either Santonio or Braylon.

We are only old all around on the D-Line....but they still have 1-2 more years and there's always the draft.
But do they have the dough to re-sign everyone when there's a cap?

jetsknicks1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see that cap being a waking nightmare for some teams come next year when they realize they have all these fine players that they literally can't afford to keep happy.

I don't see anyway we keep everybody but I think we resign Harris & Cro for sure. At the WR spot, it'll be either Edwards or Holmes, I don't think we can keep both.

NYJET624

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But do they have the dough to re-sign everyone when there's a cap?

We probably won't be able to re-sign Holmes, Edwards, Harris, and Cromartie.

Harris is a lock to be re-signed...Cromartie is very likely...then it'll most likely be a choice between Holmes or Edwards.

Hopefully due to both of their off the field issues they may come a little cheaper, and they all love playing for Rex and in NY.

The most likely answer though is 3/4....everyone else I listed is locked up.

Our GM Mike Tannenbaum specializes in the cap...he figures stuff out.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meowsers!!! Packer game is gonna be on my Foxphilly, silly Eagles have bye week!!!!!!!! Packers on TV 3 weeks in a row (next week primetime)!!! I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself, is it Sunday yet!!! Go Packers!!! :yahoo:

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know right ive had that here in minneapolis too, i mean veetle is great and all but watching it live is just amazing :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts