Odell Beckham Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
True on the not playing. I don't think its a matter of money, at least not this year. Sounds like all the offers are relatively low and if they don't exceed what he is owed by Cleveland, that part shouldn't matter. What he is probably thinking hard about and maybe why the Chiefs will land him, is his future beyond this season. With the Packers it is probably a dead end gig, that he might build up his resume with, but at the end of the season, he has to find a new team. Whereas, if he signs with the Chiefs, he shows them what he can do and if he fits in, they resign him, no having to find a new team. He also might view the Chiefs as just needing him to be a SB contender. Imagine if he joins them and the offense takes off and wins a SB, his signing might be the top billing for why it happened. That part might be appealing to him. He wins in GB...its all about Aaron.

This is his first experience in Free Agency, I am sure he is kind of loving all the attention and the spotlight. I don't blame him for carefully weighing everything out.

Sadly, today my money is on the Chiefs signing him.
Well. The only thing with that is the Packers just went toe to toe with KC and us with a backup QB playing not so great. All that @ KC!
I don’t like KC’s chances this season. They look very average for having a elite QB.Just my Opinion
They don’t have the D for a SB run.

GB however? With a jolt to a medium grade Offense snd a 7-2 record? But I get your thinking he’d be a rental also.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Well. The only thing with that is the Packers just went toe to toe with KC and us with a backup QB playing not so great. All that @ KC!
I don’t like KC’s chances this season. They look very average for having a elite QB.Just my Opinion
They don’t have the D for a SB run.

GB however? With a jolt to a medium grade Offense snd a 7-2 record? But I get your thinking he’d be a rental also.
Oh I agree that the Packers are probably a better team than the Chiefs, but are the Chiefs really that bad or could they return to form with a guy like OBJ?

He has a lot to weigh and just the fact that he is taking his time, indicates to me that he has multiple offers and multiple variables to think about. I would do the same if I was in his shoes. Also, as I mentioned, holding off til Monday, due to games on Sunday possibly influencing the decision, isn't a dumb thing to do either.

Would love to see him in Green and Gold up in Minnyshitty against the Vikings on the 21st!

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Well just as I posted the Rapoport tweet, Schefter drops this.....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Oh well. Onward.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Whoa, whoa, whoa... I didn't think we were supposed to talk about gender anymore. You mean Captain's significant other limits screen time. Not from me @captainWIMM. Just clarifying.
Poppa Sans significant other apparently is a bear.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

Okay this is wild. Schefter just posted that it’s being finalized. Josina Anderson says “as of this minute” he is on the fence.

Josina has always been well plugged in with Odell. Doesn’t mean he’s not signing with the Rams, but I’m going to hold off disappointment just a bit longer.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

Either Schefter jumped the gun prematurely to make sure he was first and might get caught with his pants down, or he’s more plugged into the situation than everyone else.

I think Kim Jones and Josina Anderson saying it’s still on the table is accurate. Like I said, he might indeed sign with the Rams, but I don’t think it’s over quite yet.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's to the Rams I kinda love it. Except if they win. I'll really be rooting for them to lose and hope they are years in salary cap hell...they deserve to be. imho

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Rams is another logical landing spot. I guess maybe we will see OBJ at Lambeau! :eek:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I need to see a list of OBJ's views on all sociopolitical topics so I can decide if I think him signing here or in LA is good or bad.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rams understand what all in means.

To the Packers all in means be the 2nd best team in your conference and hope someone eliminates them in the playoffs like how the Seahawks did the Saints in 2010.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

Well there it is.

All of that just to lose in Lambeau again. Hahahaha. Whatever dude.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
100% to the Rams confirmed by Odell test to Kim Jones.

Just complete failure from Gutenkunst and the Packers FO once again to obtain that missing piece.
What were they supposed to do? They essentially offered the same deal. Because he felt LA was a better fit for him for half a season it is a complete failure by the FO? SMH

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
He might like the warm air in LA and other things and also see a future as a Ram. Can't be mad at him for doing what is best for him.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I honestly think this was a lifestyle decision by Odell. He lived in New York, craved the attention that market provided for him. Likely just wanted to get back to that big market.

If he wanted to make the best football decision, he would've come to Green Bay.

At the end of the day, he made a decision that he felt was best for him. I commend him for that, but I think he would've been better off with us.

Like I said before, he clearly just wants to lose in Lambeau again.

Status
Not open for further replies.