Now Grady hired Rosenhaus and plans on holding out

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Grady will have to show up for the latter games as will Walker.

Our schedule is tougher then and we can always use some backup who are doing the minimum for a qualifying year.

That will not get Grady a great contract this next off season and Walker will have to repeat it next year. 2 years removed from a good season in the NFL will not make him as valuable as he is now.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Grady is just testing the water, he is what 31, bad knees, over weight, and has to rest a lot. What does he think he gonna accomplish by holding out. Give up 6 game checks? I don't see him holding out, but I could be wrong, and if I am we got people to replace him. They wont be as good but they can be coached up. We got to hold our ground against this ***** agent or he will be all over our team. Here's a picture of Grady from the Packers Draft Party I took.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A friend of mine writes articles for PackerChatters.com - and he knows Lee Remmel personally... Having said that - his info "from Lee Remmel" is that Gilbert Brown is actually in the greatest shape of his life right now and totally rested and ready to go....

NOW< whether Mike Sherman is ready to have the Gravedigger back on the payroll or not - could be an entirely different question - remember, he summarily pulled a sneak attack on Gilbert in the manner he used to let him go, supposedly because of injuries, etc. TT has the final say on this - but with regards to the other people already on the Roster - it may already be a mute point.

• James Lee
    Donnell Washington
    Corey Williams
    Colin Cole

And, don't forget, TT has other options from outside sources on available DT's, as well.

Personally, I would like to think that Gilbert could be given that chance to come back and retire properly as a Green Bay Packer - in my viewpoint, Sherman should have kept Gravedigger and allowed the surgery "oil change" process, as he has for Gravy in the off-season this year... On this regard, he has implemented a hypocritical standard - good for one, yet not the other - meaning GBrown.

Can you just imagine the ROAR when Gravedigger would come walking back thru that Entrance onto the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field..... They'd hear it all the way to CHICAGO!

I would venture that Fans start writing letters directly to Lee Remmel and Ted Thompson immediately..
- I know I'm going to try....! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure would great to see the digger back on the field. He was in my hometown two months ago and he looked pretty good. So kewl to see him. :D

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kuston said:
They don't make headlines, they don't make money, they don't make plays,

yeah our defense is FULL of these guys and our defense fell apart last year without Grady...

I'm so sick of this "Jim Bates will cure all mentality"...before you know it it will be "ohh our defense will play without cleats or helmets, but JIM BATES had an awesome defense in...Miami...

I'm optimistic about what Bates will do too, but with losing Grady, we'll reach critical mass, he is a guy we need, I don't care who's running the defense...if you watched games 2-10 of the season last year, yeah we need grady...

kuston

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm so sick of this "Jim Bates will cure all mentality"...before you know it it will be "ohh our defense will play without cleats or helmets, but JIM BATES had an awesome defense in...Miami...

Go ahead and start puking right now get the taste of it. You'll be puking all season long watching Bates lead our Defense to a top 10 finish.

From Mike Floio's Rumor Mill
Per the source, G.M. Ted Thompson "won't blink" on this one. Jackson is "50-50 to make the team as it is," said the source.

Before I start raving about how great someone is, I'd be sure COULD MAKE THE TEAM! But I guess that's me - you don't seem to care about that.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kuston said:

Go ahead and start puking right now get the taste of it. You'll be puking all season long watching Bates lead our Defense to a top 10 finish.

From Mike Floio's Rumor Mill
Per the source, G.M. Ted Thompson "won't blink" on this one. Jackson is "50-50 to make the team as it is," said the source.

Before I start raving about how great someone is, I'd be sure COULD MAKE THE TEAM! But I guess that's me - you don't seem to care about that.

like i've been saying all summer...i'll believe it when i see it...Bates will improve this defense on X's and O's alone...I'm confident in that, he won't be a moron like slowik, blitz every play, and leave our corners all alone, hopefully we tackle better, thats a big one.

I don't know who Mike Floio is and with what information he's basing Grady's evaluation on...but of course Ted Thompson won't blink, because if he folds into one, it gives Rosenhaus the impression he'll fold for the other. If Grady sucked as badly as that rumor mill leads on, Thompson would've looked for DT help prior to waiting for this holdout to happen.

Where are we at at the DT position...Cleditus Hunt most likely will not be there, Donnell Washington who I'm excited to see...and then James Lee, Colin Cole, Kenny peterson, Cullen Jenkins, Corey Williams--

My estimation is middle of the pack, somewhere around 15th, give or take...top 10 defense, thats a bit jumpy, at this stage of the offseason...We don't have a pass rush, period. KGB can get double digit sacks and is a liability against the run...Kampman "emerged" with like 5 sacks last season, still trying to catch my breath after that thrill...after that, umm...True Luck did very little after being acquired for two draft picks that we wouldn't have used to draft front seven help anyway. I like our Linebacking core...I think it's stronger with Naivies coming off the bench as a situational guy...Our secondary, Al Harris is steady, Thomas is coming on strong, I'm still Ahmad Caroll's biggest supporter...as for the safety position...better than last year, not that that says a lot, I hope Collins has an impact, and this safety group will be better vs. the run.

I'm going to be interested to see the lineup we come out with in the first preseason game vs. SD on ESPN...I'm hoping for the best with this defense, but, well...

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hang in there, JW - it'll be an interesting game - especially with Drew Brees going up against Brett Favre during the 1st Quarter... after that, then we may see Aaron Rodgers going up against their new top dollar QB... When it comes to Defense in SD (?) -- I'd say theirs is about on-par with ours....

What everyone will be watching for with the advent of Training Camp and then the Pre-season games -- will be the onset of the Injury Bug (remember last year, with Carolina?) I think, more than anything, this would be the one stat that will tell the tale in several Divisions.

Ludders86

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. I'd rather we get rid of these greedy whingers-they don't belong in GB with over-inflated egos like this even if it means we lose a few more games. He's getting to the age where he'll become more of a liability than a help so if he wants more let him sit out. Don't worry we'll still have Hunt LOL

Seems like the Pack are going through a bad patch this off season. Still sometimes you have to go through the bottom to reach the top!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:

The system helps make the player.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
What Would Vince Do?

I recall hearing a story once about one of the Packers that threatened to hold out for more money in the Lombardi years. Lombardi left the room, came back a few minutes later and said, "You can renegotiate with Buffalo. You have just been traded."

Personally, I think TT should take a similar approach. If Walker, Hunt, Grady or anyone else tries to hold out, make it crystal clear that if they don't show up for training camp, they will sit the season. As it seems money is what they want the most, hit them where it really hurts: in the pocketbook. It may hurt us this year to have them sidelined, but it will send a clear message to Rosengoof and any one else that Green Bay will not renegotiate with players and expects them to honour their contracts.

The most amusing part about the Grady situation is the $65,000 he took earlier in the year as an advance, basically constitutes a renegotiation. Under the Players CBA, he can't renegotiate a contract twice in one year. Not only could he see himself without a paycheque for the season, he could find himself being fined by the NFL as well.

Go Pack!

Robert C. Hedley

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If only it worked that way today. and that quickly, too!
Back in them days - the Players didn't have Agents.. they were pretty much on their own.

Staff online

Latest posts