Not a great feeling

Packerbacker04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team is way better than Seattle. The Seahawks are a horrible road team. The Giants are road warriors. They have won 9 in a row on the road. I feel very uneasy about this game for some reason. I really think we could easily lose this one. If we cant stop Jacobs and Eli has a big game. If our O line doesnt play well I think were in for some trouble. They just beat TB and Dallas on the road. Im worried is anyone else feel the same way?

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. I've never seen the Eli Manning-led Giants in a game like this. I'm not gonna be worried about a battered secondary either. This is exactly what Favre has to be excited about... picking on Corey Webster and a bunch of defenders who are worse than he is.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
certainly...they just played the patriots really tough too. They've been on a roll and have looked very solid, HOWEVER...

They are VERY thin at cb right now. An injured T.O. and Terry Glenn are not going to expose that weakness...however, our 5 deep wr sets will really put them to the test.

I have a lot of respect for the Giants...you don't get to the NFC champ game by accident, but that goes for the Packers as well! I don't care how bad the 'hawks are on the road, the packers just manhandled a playoff caliber team by what could have been almost 40 points were it not for 2 fumbles!

OP
OP
P

Packerbacker04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've noticed everyone is too cocky on here this week. This kind of stuff will come back and bite us in the ***. If we lose this game I wont get over it tell next september. They didnt have Brandon Jacobs last time, and a few other players were out last time. This scares me.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've noticed everyone is too cocky on here this week. This kind of stuff will come back and bite us in the ***. If we lose this game I wont get over it tell next september. They didnt have Brandon Jacobs last time, and a few other players were out last time. This scares me.

How will fans acting cocky on a forum come back to bite us in the ***?

OP
OP
P

Packerbacker04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerbacker04 said:

It usually does if we take them for granted.

JoshTheChild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerbacker04 said:

well although we don't have control of the outcome, that superstition kicks in every once in awhile :-? , BUT not this week right?! :lol:

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

Different question.. why do fans on said internet site feel the need to be cocky? How could that possibly help?

IMO.. it degrades the opinion other teams fans have of us.. do you really want to imitate the Cowboys fans?

With that said it has toned down since Sunday...

TheDesertFox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many of the teams that the Giants beat on the road are AWFUL. Keep that in mind. Like all of the worst teams in the NFL.

Just don't be worried! Be optimistic!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lambeau crowd will shake up Eli, once he's scared it will be over. He can't take the pressure. He's not Favre.

And I only say "Lambeau Crowd" because I will be there screaming every down until I have no voice left.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, have you ever thought that maybe the reason there road record is good is because the teams they play on the road arent.

There road record

Dal- lost
Was- win
Atl- win
Mia-win
Det-win
Chi-win
Phi- win
Buf- win

now there oppnents total record 56-72 but take away Dallas who they lost to and its 43-69.

There home record

Gb-lost
Phi-won
Nyj-won
Sf-won
Dal-lost
Min-lost
Was-lost
Ne-lost

now there oppents total record is 76-52 and take away NYJ and SF which are pretty much gimmies and the record is 67-29

Teams they beat

.500+ (1- Washington)
.500 (2- Eagles both tims)
.500 - (7- Atlanta, Miami, Detroit, Chicago, Buffalo, New York Jets, 49ers)

Teams they lost to

.500+ (5- Dallas (2), Green Bay, Washington, New England)
.500 (1- Minnesota)
.500-

wait are you serious? They Giants only beat 1 team .500+, 7 of there 10 wins came from teams below .500 and 4 of those teams only have a combined record of 14-50... ouch.

I hope i made my point clear. The record shows the Giants are 1-6 againist teams .500+

TheDesertFox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very nice post, PackerLegend. Encouraging statistics, but we still must obviously take them seriously.

Sunday can't get here soon enough. It is only Tuesday night! uh!

olpete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm worried. On a normal day, I think we'd wallop 'em. On a cold or snowy day, the advantage would still be significant.

On a high wind day, things get really close. I don't know what this url will show whenever someone hits it, but as I post it, it is predicting 37 mph winds.

Gulp...

weather.com

TheDesertFox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't think it was predicting that before. 37 mph winds are really nuts.

We shall see, I guess.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice post, PackerLegend. Encouraging statistics, but we still must obviously take them seriously.

Sunday can't get here soon enough. It is only Tuesday night! uh!

Most important stat to me?

They won 2 playoff games on the road! Even with out Shockey, and a banged up D back field..They took it to the home team and its not done to often

The Packers will be okay tho!!

Reaction score
Giants are 3-0 in NFC Championship games, have won 9 straight road games, and are coming off two straight road wins in the playoffs.

With that said though, the Cowboys didn't help their cause down the stretch. Colledge had a comment on a radio show yesterday where he talked about how the Cowboys got away from doing what was working.

That shows you that the Packers realize the Giants have weaknesses, and they realize they must work to exploit those weaknesses the entire game.

Travelling 3 straight weeks will take a toll on any team, including the Giants.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cocky posts by fans? Big deal... be as cocky as you want.

What is posted on power point and/or the overhead screen during the Packers team meetings this week is all that matters.

I would bet none of the posts at Packers Head Quarters are cocky though.

What I loved after last weekends game was when the cameras went into the Packers locker room and M.M. addressed the team. There was no rah! rah. No game balls handed out in front of the camera... nothing.

M.M. was very business like and told the boy's "Tomorrow you have the day off... Monday's schedule is the same as last week... Good job!"

Now... perhaps he did hand out game balls, and there was some Rah Rah... But he did not do it when he allowed the cameras in for the media to shoot.

Smart Cookie. Not Cocky.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm worried. On a normal day, I think we'd wallop 'em. On a cold or snowy day, the advantage would still be significant.

On a high wind day, things get really close. I don't know what this url will show whenever someone hits it, but as I post it, it is predicting 37 mph winds.

Gulp...

weather.com

I dont think that is right because I looked up Green Bay, WI for sunday and it says 12mph winds during the day and 6mph at night, so its not that bad thank god, its still like 4-5 days away and weather people cant even predict whats going to happen tomorrow

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
olpete said:

Gulp...

weather.com

I dont think that is right because I looked up Green Bay, WI for sunday and it says 12mph winds during the day and 6mph at night, so its not that bad thank god, its still like 4-5 days away and weather people cant even predict whats going to happen tomorrow

that isnt right!!

This says 4 mph at 6 pm

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
olpete said:

Gulp...

weather.com

that isnt right!!

This says 4 mph at 6 pm

its a good thing because I got really nervouse there for a second, but if it would have been true i guess we would have an edge because we played in it earlier this season againist the Bears... but thank god it isnt!

olpete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are right about weather people not being the best at predictions. I hope your sources are right.

Four to 6 mph winds is not a big deal. I'm sure with all the Southern boys on the team, the weather won't be fun, but to go to the big show, I'm sure they'll bring it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts