NFCCG: Rodgers vs. Brady @ Lambeau Field

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I just got done defending LaFleur earlier

Granted Rodgers should have never attempted a throw across his body .... But you can't settle for a fg there

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Called it in the shoutbox
Jan 7, 2021 7:45 AM - Poppa San: The die has been cast and the marketing team has been doing research.
Jan 7, 2021 7:46 AM - Poppa San: SB will be the old goat Tom Terrific against the latest goat Sir Patrick Mahomes.
Jan 7, 2021 7:47 AM - Poppa San: Follow the ratings.
Jan 7, 2021 7:48 AM - Poppa San: Tom gets to ride off into the sunset with a ring from a second team, "proving" his status.

"Letting them play" is announcer code for the game is rigged by the league to get the max ratings. Penalties will only be called to influence the outcome unless there is no choice.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Kicking the FG was a mistake. They should have gone for it. There was 2:05 on the clock. If you don't make it, you have the Bucs on the 8-yard line with 3 timeouts. If you are going to depend on you defense to win, give them the chance to get safety.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Kicking the FG was a mistake. They should have gone for it. There was 2:05 on the clock. If you don't make it, you have the Bucs on the 8-yard line with 3 timeouts. If you are going to depend on you defense to win, give them the chance to get safety.

I just don't get it either. You need 8 points. 3 gets you to 5, but you still need the ball AND a TD.

MLF doubled down on his bad call of going for 2 in the 3rd Q. Had the Packers been down by 7 and not 8, I think they go for it on 4th down.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That and 3 ints and only 1 td to show for them!! The special teams sucked again..except for Crosby! We need a new punter and a new st coach..along with new defensive coaches. What kinda stupid *** scheme do they run anyway?

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I just don't get it either. You need 8 points. 3 gets you to 5, but you still need the ball AND a TD.

MLF doubled down on his bad call of going for 2 in the 3rd Q. Had the Packers been down by 7 and not 8, I think they go for it on 4th down.

The 2 point attempt was a head scratcher with the entire 4th quarter left. Not a fan unless you have to go for it. Packers have only been about 40% successful for the season.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Agree on the 2 point cal..wtf....i was ok kicking fg....if king doesn't grab the Jersey....

While I thought that the ball was over thrown, had King not held, does it go incomplete or is it the dagger anyway?

Bottom line for me, you control your own destiny on 4th and goal, down by 8. MLF handed those keys right back to the Bucs by kicking the FG. Remember, no guarantees on making the FG either.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm ok with the FG. We had how many opportunities at the endzone and couldn't do it. Now you're going to do it 2 plays in a row? sure we were. Maybe? but last time we did that, they dropped the 2pt right in the hands anyway.

Odds were we needed a TD and we needed the Defense to get a stop. We gave them a first down on a penalty instead of getting the ball back with 130 or so left.

rdawsoniii

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Called it in the shoutbox

"Letting them play" is announcer code for the game is rigged by the league to get the max ratings. Penalties will only be called to influence the outcome unless there is no choice.
I tried to tell everybody Tampa was a lock. That’s why I put money down on Tampa to win outright. There was NO WAY the league was not going to have Brady in the Super Bowl.

I told people all week to bet the farm on Tampa. And I’m saying it again. Bet the farm on Tampa in the SB.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tried to tell everybody Tampa was a lock. That’s why I put money down on Tampa to win outright. There was NO WAY the league was not going to have Brady in the Super Bowl.

I told people all week to bet the farm on Tampa. And I’m saying it again. Bet the farm on Tampa in the SB.

Honestly I get the Tom Brady story line but this Tampa team is pretty LOADED honestly

If they get Antonio Brown, Whitehead, and Winfield back for the Super Bowl...i'd say their odds look PRETTTTTTTYYYYYY GOOOOODDD

rdawsoniii

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I get the Tom Brady story line but this Tampa team is pretty LOADED honestly

If they get Antonio Brown, Whitehead, and Winfield back for the Super Bowl...i'd say their odds look PRETTTTTTTYYYYYY GOOOOODDD
That is why I am putting all my winnings today on Tampa in the SB. I advise everyone to do the same.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is in pain man... if there wasn’t ever a rift between him and lafleur I GUARANTEE there is now like why tf would you not go for it.. they handed the game to Brady on a silver platter kicking the field goal.. (almost worse than russell Wilson throwing it at the one instead of giving it to Marshawn lynch..)the penalty was a terrible call they let them play like that all game.. charity for Brady. But there is no excuses tho they had there chances on back to back picks and did nothing. That’s what it comes down too they had there chance and blew it.
now all the media is gonna take Rodgers words and act like he is gonna be on the move traded etc. just crap and it’s gonna be annoying. I really hope they just find some way to finesse the cap and get as many good players as they can and do what John elway with Manning. Restructure cut however it would work out obviously with the reduced cap it’s almost impossible. But I can’t help but think it won’t ever have as good as chance they did today this year to get it done. I feel like Rodgers career was just wasted and it sucks. I want him to win again.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like this was the zenith for this team. they had everything they wanted it's not going to get any better than this. I look for them to take a step back next year.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard not too. I was optimistic after last year, regardless of record we'd be a better team. But there is a lot of change coming. We have a lot of production to replace that will be salary cuts or leaving via FA. We have some holes anyway. We have a premium LT being paid big bucks that won't be playing until half the year is over at least and then is in an ACL comeback year. there's a good chance we're looking at a new DC, which will involve a learning curve etc. I see a substantial step back before we go forward again.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm kind of amazed at some of the doom and gloom here. We lost to a very good team by 5 points or one blown defensive call before the half. Sure the Packers have a lot of decisions to make, mostly in regards to an unplanned for low salary cap, but so do other teams. This team went 13-3 and I think most feel improved over the team that went 13-3 in 2019.

Lots of work ahead, but some of this talk about parting ways with Rodgers, years to adjust to a new DC, too many holes to fill, etc. seems to be knee jerk to a painful NFCCG loss.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I understood the decision to go for two at that point.

I never will. I understand going for 2 when the clock has now become a factor and it appears that mathematically it gives you the best and in many cases, the only way to catch up. Going for 2 in the 3rd Q when down by 5? Meh, way too much time.

I think its just a difference in philosophies is all. Some coaches like going for 2 in the first Q.