NFCCG: Rodgers vs. Brady @ Lambeau Field

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady vs Rodgers. It was meant to be. If the Packers can take care of the football, they win by 10.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is due for a great NFC Championship game for the first time in his life.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brees and his ribs didnt help..but..man he has looked old. Brady didn't exactly play great..they just took care of ball better and scored 17 points off turnovers.
It will be 24 with snow. I feel we are a better team. Pettine better have this defense locked in like they were for Titans!

OP
OP
C-Lee

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are the best team in the NFC. That was simply not true last year, 2016, and arguably 2014 (Seahawks were favorites I believe)

It's time. Just win.

Tminus6453

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heres hoping the cold will affect the Bucs defense next week, but i dont really see that happening, they are too physical, we will have to come out blazing and never let up

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugh same crap different season... facing the one team that Punished them in the regular season. Niners Seahawks Atlanta.. now Tampa bay. I won’t hold my breath on this one but history is not looking good here. I hope to god they play good but Tom just don’t lose.. Green Bay might score a few more points than last time. 43-16 Tampa. Go on let me have it guys

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Ugh same crap different season... facing the one team that Punished them in the regular season. Niners Seahawks Atlanta.. now Tampa bay. I won’t hold my breath on this one but history is not looking good here. I hope to god they play good but Tom just don’t lose.. Green Bay might score a few more points than last time. 43-16 Tampa. Go on let me have it guys
Please deactivate.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoping the Saints would win and avoid the Bucs D. At some point, if the Packers want to be champions, the defense will have to make some big plays. I'll take 4 sacks next week if they come on 3rd or 4th down!

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So many non believers. We are a much different team then we were in week 6. Both the O and D are clicking. I love our chances in the frigid cold!!

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we underestimated them in our last matchup and were caught off guard. Our offense is really clicking now. The question is... is Tampa Bay’s defense better than the Rams’ defense?

Weather should be a slight advantage. Crowd will be a big advantage. If we bring the same energy we had against the Rams, this one is ours.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't love the matchup, but I'll try to be optimistic.

1. Our run defense, though better than earlier in the year, still isn't great. Fortunately, the Bucs run offense is also not great, 25th in the league in yards per carry. So our relative weakness there should be offset somewhat.

2. In terms of passer rating, the Tampa game earlier this year was the 2nd worst for Rodgers in his career among games he started and wasn't knocked out by injury. It's unlikely he plays that poorly again.

3. Brady played reasonably well against the Saints, but I think the Saints did a lot to beat themselves. Brees made several ill-advised throws, and the Cook fumble was perhaps the turning point of the game. I really thought the Saints outplayed the Bucs for the first 40 minutes or so. We are the best in the league at not turning the ball over, so if we can keep that up and not beat ourselves, we should be okay.

4. The Bucs pass defense isn't anywhere near as strong as their run game. The Bucs secondary was able to shrink the field today because Brees can't throw it deep. Rodgers can, so we should be able to stretch the field and open up some passing lanes.

5. Our O-line is on fire. If they play close to as well as against the Rams, we should be able to move the ball effectively.

Last edited:

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So many non believers. We are a much different team then we were in week 6. Both the O and D are clicking. I love our chances in the frigid cold!!
It’s facts... Green Bay beat everyone last year but the one team that’s a thorn always punishes them. The cold weather will have ZERO affect on Brady he has always played in the cold. And Brady is clutch. If they can’t pressure Brady they don’t have a chance Rodgers has to stay upright like against the rams if he plays scared no chance

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bet you are a hoot to watch games with.

Members online

Latest posts