NFCCG: Rodgers vs. Brady @ Lambeau Field

Doc_Smiley

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buc fan here and I can tell you I was absolutely gobsmacked when he chose to kick it. I couldn't believe it. And it's clear Rodgers couldn't either. Maybe the dumbest coaching decisions I've ever seen. Complete gift

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It's more like a reaction to years of painful NFCCG losses.

I get it, but would people be talking this way had we won yesterday and lost in the Super Bowl or even won the SB? Because the Packers would still have the same off season decisions ahead of them as they have now, whether they won or lost to end the year.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buc fan here and I can tell you I was absolutely gobsmacked when he chose to kick it. I couldn't believe it. And it's clear Rodgers couldn't either. Maybe the dumbest coaching decisions I've ever seen. Complete gift
It was right up there with not handing the ball off to marshawn lynch at the one in the Super Bowl. Absolutely handed the super bowl on a silver platter to Brady.. ur welcome. Never sees to fail me that charity goes wherever Brady does

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get it, but would people be talking this way had we won yesterday and lost in the Super Bowl or even won the SB? Because the Packers would still have the same off season decisions ahead of them as they have now, whether they won or lost to end the year.
The thing is Rodgers is gonna be looked at as the Most talented QB of all time but also the QB that choked in hundred nfc championship games...

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The chiefs would have absolutely embarrassed us in the Super Bowl tho.. they wouldn’t be able to stop tyreek hill or kelce.. still would have been nice to be there tho at least. I still can’t help but think that Brady is gonna find a way againnnnnn to win the Super Bowl

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was right up there with not handing the ball off to marshawn lynch at the one in the Super Bowl.
Not only that, but Rodgers should have tried to run that ball in on third down instead of throwing it into double coverage. Even if he didn't get it in, maybe they're on the one or two yard line and MLF decides to go for it on fourth down instead of kicking the field goal. Chances are we would have lost the game either way, but it's hard to look at these what ifs?

I never had a feeling that we were going to win the Super Bowl this year, but I did think we were going to get there at least. The table was set for us and we just didn't take it. Very frustrating. Now it seems like we've lost these NFCCGs in about every possible way. Now matter how you dial it up, we end up on the losing end. Still better than being a Bear fan, I guess.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only that, but Rodgers should have tried to run that ball in on third down instead of throwing it into double coverage. Even if he didn't get it in, maybe they're on the one or two yard line and MLF decides to go for it on fourth down instead of kicking the field goal. Chances are we would have lost the game either way, but it's hard to look at these what ifs?

I never had a feeling that we were going to win the Super Bowl this year, but I did think we were going to get there at least. The table was set for us and we just didn't take it. Very frustrating. Now it seems like we've lost these NFCCGs in about every possible way. Now matter how you dial it up, we end up on the losing end. Still better than being a Bear fan, I guess.
Yeah it didn’t really matter even if they tied it Brady would have come up with charity as always got a flag or a lucky pass and kicked a field goal it was inevitable I think. Just absolutely disgusts me that Brady is there again in his own stadium. The defense gave them a chance to win it in the second half and they couldn’t get it done..

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The thing is Rodgers is gonna be looked at as the Most talented QB of all time but also the QB that choked in hundred nfc championship games...

The chiefs would have absolutely embarrassed us in the Super Bowl tho.. they wouldn’t be able to stop tyreek hill or kelce.. still would have been nice to be there tho at least. I still can’t help but think that Brady is gonna find a way againnnnnn to win the Super Bowl

Sounds like your mind was already made up, win or lose?

The point that I was trying to make was a very simple one. On Saturday, what was your outlook on the upcoming 2021 Season? Today, has that outlook changed and if it has, why?

People can view Rodgers anyway that they want or anyway that fits their narrative. For me he will always be the QB that got us into those 4 NFCCG's and had he not been the QB, we wouldn't have been in them.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like your mind was already made up, win or lose?

The point that I was trying to make was a very simple one. On Saturday, what was your outlook on the upcoming 2021 Season? Today, has that outlook changed and if it has, why?

People can view Rodgers anyway that they want or anyway that fits their narrative. For me he will always be the QB that got us into those 4 NFCCG's and had he not been the QB, we wouldn't have been in them.
Idk I guess I’m just sick of seeing them blow it year in year out and never getting Rodgers enough talent around him throughout his whole career. And realistically they never beat any superior teams they lose to them in the regular season then choke in the playoffs. Saints are the one exception this year. I do know that winning is tough no matter who they play but you know what I mean.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Idk I guess I’m just sick of seeing them blow it year in year out and never getting Rodgers enough talent around him throughout his whole career. And realistically they never beat any superior teams they lose to them in the regular season then choke in the playoffs. Saints are the one exception this year. I do know that winning is tough no matter who they play but you know what I mean.

You won't get much argument from me as far as being disappointed in the the failure to get Rodgers enough talent around him. However, I also understand why they poured so much draft and Free agent capital into the defense. Overall, I would say that the failures of both TT and to some extent Gute on having better results in the draft of defensive players, would be the biggest reason we are still a few players, as well as a few plays away from winning those NFCCG's and potentially a SB. I look at the success of the Chiefs the last several years and then look at their draft and free agent signing history and it is no wonder they are a favorite to win back to back Super Bowls, their drafts and signings have been mostly home runs.

All that said, I think there are probably at least 25 or more fan bases that would love to have our "issues". That isn't trying to pacify you, just asking you to reflect on your hopes and wishes of the Packers and ask yourself if they are realistic every year?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not that it will change some peoples minds, but even Brett Favre thinks people are reading way too much into what Rodgers said after the game.

I would link to it, but it is on a paid site: PackersNews.com

"I wouldn't pay much attention to what he said. I've been there. It's so — I mean, it hurts. It's painful. The last thing you want to do is think about next year because you've just had a major disappointment, and that's what you're hearing in that soundbite."

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only difference I see is these big losses tend to wear on you after awhile, I think there has to be some sort of psychological damage. Like if we get to this point again, and the game gets tough, there's got to be a part in Rodgers' brain that starts to think "Here we go again". He's not immune to getting a little hang dog, look at him after the game.

He's the first QB to lose four straight conference championships games. It's got to work on your brain, just like Brady expects to win these, because that's been his experience. Not saying he's going to give up or anything like that, but these things are hard to come back from. In the past he could always say "We want the NFCCG at Lambeau", but now we've had that and the result is the same. Everything was lined up for us this year and we blew it. It's starting to feel like a habit. Like oh, it's January, must be time for the Packers to lose another conference championship game.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The refs will help him again. They were clearly their best players today. I will not watch the superbowl as it is rigged!!! I will not add to any tv ratings for that dbag!
The nfl lost billions this year. they wanted this matchup. Budweiser, Coke, and Pepsi aren't even running superbowl commercials either.I think I will watch the puppy bowl instead

D

Deleted member 6794

I never will. I understand going for 2 when the clock has now become a factor and it appears that mathematically it gives you the best and in many cases, the only way to catch up. Going for 2 in the 3rd Q when down by 5? Meh, way too much time.

The Packers would have gotten within a field goal by converting the two point attempt late in the third quarter. In my opinion it made more sense than to get within four at that point.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Packers would have gotten within a field goal by converting the two point attempt late in the third quarter. In my opinion it made more sense than to get within four at that point.
I understand the logic used by MLF, I just don't agree with it in that particlar situation.

ctfxcwatcher

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I actually agree. I'm not betting against Brady and that Bucs. If anyone can knock off the mighty Chiefs it's Brady.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady is not even that good just gets charity he threw 3 picks and still won..
Charity is a bit much, he made the plays when he had to, big third downs and the TD before the end of the half. But he's definitely led a charmed life, he's always had a defense and Rodgers has almost never had one.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's absolutely maddening how he can play like total **** and still win.

It's sickening how he almost always gets the breaks, but when the other team gets the breaks (like we did with the 3 picks) they don't do anything with them. Brady tried to hand a Super Bowl to us repeatedly, and our offense kept saying "no thanks".

What's wrong with the Shanahan coaching tree. How does any team hold Belichick/Brady to 13 points in a Super Bowl and not win the game?

Members online

Latest posts