New Turf at Lambeau still not lined.

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Family night coming in 4 days, I noticed the new turf at Lambeau is still not lined. Hope things are ok.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
With Family night coming in 4 days, I noticed the new turf at Lambeau is still not lined. Hope things are ok.

I wouldent worry they are professionals. They are waiting to line it when the time is right they got many days to get it done.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

somebody lost the key to the shed where they keep the spray paint.

Side note, at my nephews high school they are replacing the turf. They were going to go with red but found out it fades to pink after a while. They decided on alternating dark and light green. Red would definitely have been different but far to distracting IMO.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Side note, at my nephews high school they are replacing the turf. They were going to go with red but found out it fades to pink after a while. They decided on alternating dark and light green. Red would definitely have been different but far to distracting IMO.
The whole field was going to be red? Who thought that was going to be a good idea? Aside from being a distraction, seems like it would give you a headache looking at it.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The whole field was going to be red? Who thought that was going to be a good idea? Aside from being a distraction, seems like it would give you a headache looking at it.

I agree. I think they were just looking for something different Here is a link to the Eastern Washington university field. It definitely is different.

https://www.lawnstarter.com/blog/environment/ugliest-college-football-fields/

Since the Wilmot Panthers colors are also red black and white I imagine it would have been similar. I don't like it and this picture is from a website naming it as the ugliest college football field.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. I think they were just looking for something different Here is a link to the Eastern Washington university field. It definitely is different.

Since the Wilmot Panthers colors are also red black and white I imagine it would have been similar. I don't like it and this picture is from a website naming it as the ugliest college football field.
What planet have I been on? I have never seen a football field in any other color except green. That all red monstrosity would give me a headache as a player or spectator.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What planet have I been on? I have never seen a football field in any other color except green. That all red monstrosity would give me a headache as a player or spectator.

I think the most famous non green field is Boise State's blue field but there are a few other smaller colleges and more than a few high schools with non green fields. There is even one high school that plays on black turf. I think Marquette University had a blue field but their football team has been disbanded. Some are interesting to see and really look cool but some are just plain awful and I think would hurt your eyes to watch a game on.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen the blue field, can't stand to even watch their highlights because of that gosh awful color. It's like people who maintain a website and use black backgrounds with white or yellow lettering. Being different isn't always better. I wish they'd just play on grass. It grows a nice color, pleasing to the eye.

OP
OP
G

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still looks incomplete....no end zone markings and fill in for "G" at the 50. It may be all they want to do for now.

D

Deleted member 6794

Still looks incomplete....no end zone markings and fill in for "G" at the 50. It may be all they want to do for now.

The Packers are holding a practice at Lambeau tonight. The season opener is still five weeks away.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score

#4 on the list is about 15 minutes from where I live. Trust me, the picture doesn't convey just how awful it is.