Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st Round ---> Aqib Talib (CB)
2nd Round ---> Fred Davis (TE)
3rd Round ---> Barry Richardson (OT)
4th Round ---> Jamar Adams (S)
5th Round ---> Durant Brooks (P)

And Yes A Punter Is A Need For This Team

While I know nothing about decent college players, I know we don't need a punter. Ryan was solid in the regular season. I do agree with CB, O-line, and S.

Anything defense and O-line would allright with me.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'd probably pick Davis with our first round pick, since Talib might not be there when we pick at 30, and Davis definitely won't be there at the end of round 2.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Davis isnt there then perhaps Rucker from Missouri, but in my eyes the most complete TE is Carlson from Notre Dame, Davis is a more talented David Martin, a WR in a TE's body.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Davis isnt there then perhaps Rucker from Missouri, but in my eyes the most complete TE is Carlson from Notre Dame, Davis is a more talented David Martin, a WR in a TE's body.

I really like Carlson (although i'm biased since i watch a lot of Notre Dame), and he definitely wouldn't be a bad guy to pick. Lawrence Jackson is another guy I think we should look at. We could use a guy to replace Montgomery in our DE rotation, and Campbell probably won't fall to the 30th pick.

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why the hell would we pick a TE high? The first two picks probably will be CB and OT. We have Lee, who played very well last season, and even with Bubba Franks maybe getting cut, we still wouldn't pick a TE in the first couple rounds. Also, $1 billion says we won't have five picks in the draft.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we already have some young Cb's. I reckon we'll take a Pass Rushing DE if we can get one.

OP
OP
K

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont see any of our young cb's developping into a great starting cb ... hey im not saying the Aqib talib would also ... but id rather go with him then what we have now ... and yes i do think we need a tight end ... lee is good but we need a better TE ... for blocking schemes or anything but i'd be happy as hell if we do in fact draft a OL in the first round too i want a big monster that can open up wholes and big wholes for grant to run

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why the hell would we pick a TE high? The first two picks probably will be CB and OT. We have Lee, who played very well last season, and even with Bubba Franks maybe getting cut, we still wouldn't pick a TE in the first couple rounds. Also, $1 billion says we won't have five picks in the draft.

When has TT drafted the way we thought he would. Last year we all thought safety would be a priority and we didn't select one till Rouse. Even though we'd like a corner, he probably thinks Blackmon, Williams, and Bush can play in this league. Not saying we won't draft a CB with the 30th pick, but TT will pick the BPA. If that happens to be a CB then I'd be thrilled, but there's a good chance that player may be one of the TEs, Davis or Carlson.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Davis and the guy from Missouri (name slips my mind) or TAMU. I'm not sold on John Carlson (bad senior campaign)

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st Round ---> Aqib Talib (CB)
2nd Round ---> Fred Davis (TE)
3rd Round ---> Barry Richardson (OT)
4th Round ---> Jamar Adams (S)
5th Round ---> Durant Brooks (P)

And Yes A Punter Is A Need For This Team

i really like your first round pick, i would like to see chris williams an ot w/the second round pick

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Davis and the guy from Missouri (name slips my mind) or TAMU. I'm not sold on John Carlson (bad senior campaign)

c'mon man he didnt have a QB to throw the ball to him. I'm not a huge ND fan but you cant judge him on his senior season, think of Olsen at Miami, same deal.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is so hard to predict who will be there even in the first round much less later. By position I would look for
Round
1 - CB
2 - LB. Poppinga is made to look better by the other two but is only a little above average and we need depth.
3. - OL. Most good ones are still available.
4. - Special teams return guy. Could use some help there.
5. - OL or RB. Could use depth at either.

If Brett retires it would not be bad to pick another young QB

Profizzle99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The demand for CB's is very high in the first round, a possible 6 (low of 4) CB's will be drafted ahead of us. The CB's that will be left in the draft will be decent at best. No CB that would be left is better or can be better than what we already have. We are second to last and the superstars are taken up in almost all positions that make a game changing difference except TE. No offense, Donald Lee works with Favre not Rodgers. We will not have a pin point accurate QB with a monster arm to place the ball perfectly in our receivers hands making any so-so player look much better than he is. It is not worth a selection of a low-tier CB that late in the draft, so we should get a top-tier TE such as Fred Davis who can make Rodgers look better instead of the other way around. The loss of Favre hurts the value and production of the following players the most: Lee, Grant, and Jones. These three positions especially TE need to be filled with the top in class players in order to make up for the loss of Favre. The addition of a top TE will fill one of these spots and is MUCH more important than a CB who is a decent starter at best.

Andy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't thin Talib will be available in round 1. But there should still be a couple of good corners available then. There should be a nice TE available in round 2, plus with the second pick in round 2 there hopefully is a nice RB available or perhaps an OL. I think a QB will be later in the draft. But if there is a REAL nice QB in round 2, I think TT might pull the trigger.

BangTheDrum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Talib is the only top CB that actually WILL drop to us... Not my favorite guy, seems very ignorant but oh well he is a tremendous athlete

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
Don't we have two second round picks?[/quote

That we do.

I'm not so sure about Talib. A lot of Mocks have him going pretty hi, and in one mock Mike Jenkins fell to the Packers. You don't know what might happen come draft time.

There are generally only about 2-4 linebackers worth a 1st Round pick maybe, So the odds of us getting one are low.

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
o.k i dont know as much as u guys about collage football but heres hows mine goes

1st round -Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech
2end round 1st pick Dustin Keller TE Purdue (if hes still on the board)
2end round 2end pick Lawrence Jackson DE USC or Derrick Harvey DE Florida
3rd round Tom Zbikowski S Notre Dame

in the later rounds i expect TT to work his magic and Trade for some more picks as for Pos i would like to see a QB , Punter , O-line and maybe a WR/KR

:feedback: :feedback:

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:-? The big shocker in round 1 of the NFL draft is: TT trades up and selects Cromartie at CB. OH OH! I hear wailing and gnashing of teeth.