Moss trade hinging on conditional pick

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers isn't going to be traded. PFT is chasing a ghost there. ESPN confirmed Rodgers wasn't apart of the deal as did the Milwaukee Journal. In fact the Milwaukee Journal has stated the Raiders are intrigued by KGB and Corey Williams. I find it a tad ironic that PFT comes out with a report a day after John Clayton says if a deal does happen, it won’t happen for another week.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will fall over dead if this deal hinges on Rodgers or MORE compensation should he not perform.

Al Davis knows he is not going to get a #1 pick, previous or future, period.

When you bring Rodgers name into this deal it gets way to risky for both sides to make any sense what so ever.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
John Clayton said that? why wouldnt it happen for another week.

To many things need to happen. Such as agreement on compensation. Restructuring Moss' contract.

Did he say it was likely going to happen the trade to the packers.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Actually this whole thing makes a ton of sense, even though ESPN (they are never wrong:)) says it won't happen. Davis saves face in retrieving a former 1st round pick in Rodgers, plus a future pick and frees him up to select Calvin Johnson which hands down is the best talent in this draft. Rids himself of a problem child on the team and moves on. Why would he want KGB? The Raiders D was pretty stout last year most of the time:)

How do we know if ESPN or JS correct? Tightlipped Ted isn't talking at all:)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PL no he didn't say it was going to happen. He says they are talking though but nothing more at this point.

Pack93z

How does Rodgers to Oakland make sense? When the Packers have stated they aren't trading Aaron Rodgers. When the Raiders have stated they don't want Aaron Rodgers.

ESPN has far better sources then some fan made site called Pro Football Talk. They actually have legit insiders. When ESPN reports something, most of the time it is true.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Where has Ted said that the deal wasn't going to contain Rodgers?

The Raiders need more options at QB, someone for the future, so unless you are saying Rodgers doesnt have a great future it makes sense. Add to the fact the Rodgers played at Cal, tell me why he won't make sense to Al.

Current Raider QBs... enough said:)

16 Walter, Andrew QB 6-6 230 24 3 Arizona State
8 Tuiasosopo, Marques QB 6-1 220 27 7 Washington

Oh and don't forget AL DAVIS is all about saving face for bringing Moss in there in the first place. He got fleeced by the Vikings and Moss:)

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted did say that Rodgers wasn't gonna be traded. And Rodgers said that ted told him he wouldn't be traded. no link for you. sorry. but i did read that on yahoo sports or something.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.madison.com/wsj/mad/sports//index.php?ntid=121207

Gathering Moss Thompson kept with his policy of not commenting on the persistent rumors of the team's interest in Oakland wide receiver Randy Moss, but he didn't deny the team has talked to the Raiders about a possible deal.

However, Thompson did say the team wasn't actively shopping backup quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Profootballtalk.com reported the Raiders asked for a first-round pick for Moss, and the Packers countered with offering Rodgers. Rodgers, reached Thursday, said he had not been told he was on the trading block.

"All I can say is," Thompson said, "you shouldn't believe everything you read on the Internet."

Rodgers also doesn't fit what Al Davis tends to like in a QB. David also passed on Rodgers for Fabian Washington I believe.

Pack93z

Reaction score
First let me say I really only want to debate this and be objective, I am not looking to get into a pathetic *** for tat over this. I just think it makes sense from the Raiders view is all, Johnson fits everything a TEAM would want in a #1 WR. Height, speed, size, stength and hands....

1.IF he passed on Rodgers maybe it is because Collins was in place that year, a little different this year.

2. How doesnt Rodgers fit into what Davis likes in a QB, he has decent arm strength and performed well in college. He doesnt have much pro experience to draw from so all you really have is college tape to look at. Remember Rich Gannon, did not have a overly strong arm:)

3. Ted did not say Rodgers wasnt being talked about in the deal, just not being shopped.