Like it or not, Brett is the guy

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, you now admit that you didn't see the play your original post was about?
You must not of, since you are now trying to change the subject to A. Rogers playing time. What do you care whether The Packers have to determine whether they have to draft a qb or not, basically the only reason you are here throw backhanded insults at Brett and us Fans.
You really just need to stop, because everything you have said hs been hashed over a thousand times.

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
So, you now admit that you didn't see the play your original post was about?
You must not of, since you are now trying to change the subject to A. Rogers playing time. What do you care whether The Packers have to determine whether they have to draft a qb or not, basically the only reason you are here throw backhanded insults at Brett and us Fans.
You really just need to stop, because everything you have said hs been hashed over a thousand times.

Where did I admit that? How could I not see that play? Its been all over the TV since it happened. It was MNF's WORST PLAY of the week last night. In a thread titled "Brett is the guy" does it not make sense to discuss the merit of brett indeed "being the guy"? Obviously the title was meant to incite discussion of such. Or is this one of those "dont question the party line" boards?
What do I care? Im a football fan. The pack is the Bears biggest/oldest rival. yeah, Ive got a vested interest. Deal with it. :wink:

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where 5 years ago Brett wouldve won games, he is now losing them. Its really that simple. Him hanging the ball out there and fumbling...that's the "old man" Brett. The young Brett would've rolled way out, almost gotten sacked and threw the ball off his back foot randomly into the secondary where magically, some Packer reciever would've come down with it and made Brett look magnificent. He used to be a playmaker, now he's a game loser.

That is your exact quote on The Play, if you have seen it as much as you claim, you would have not have made such an ignorant assesment of The Play. But being a bear fan, I wouldn't expect anything else.

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
Where 5 years ago Brett wouldve won games, he is now losing them. Its really that simple. Him hanging the ball out there and fumbling...that's the "old man" Brett. The young Brett would've rolled way out, almost gotten sacked and threw the ball off his back foot randomly into the secondary where magically, some Packer reciever would've come down with it and made Brett look magnificent. He used to be a playmaker, now he's a game loser.

That is your exact quote on The Play, if you have seen it as much as you claim, you would have not have made such an ignorant assesment of The Play. But being a bear fan, I wouldn't expect anything else.

And I stand by it. Years ago, Brett would've gotten out of the pocket and done something. Why you keep claiming that I havent seen it is a mystery to me. I just told you one of the many places Ive seen it, yet you keep insisting I havent. That's a real mature argument you've got there. Congratulations on your starting QB and his terrible rating and turnover ratio. You win. :roll: Have a nice losing season with your "great qb"

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are so funny, my point is even 10 years ago Brett would not have gotten away from the rush, #1 it came from behind, he never saw it coming, #2 it was there so fast he didn't have a chance to get out of the pocket.

You keep saying us Packer fans think Brett is Superman, well you are the one now expecting him to do the impossible, when I am stating the obvious that there is not a QB in the league who would have gotten away from the rush on THE PLAY.

You don't have to congratulate me on Brett, I think if you check his #'s aren't as bad as you seem to think, Even "THE GREAT BRETT FAVRE" as you want to call him needs a little help to win football games, something that has been lacking this year.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, whenever there is a Brett thread you'll find bear fans flocking to it. They are absolutely obsessed with the man. It is the funniest thing that goes on here.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:
Hey, if the excuses keep working for you, keep using them. I dont mind.

Excuses are what Bear fans have been using the last 20 years, facts are what I have been stating, you just can't seem to comprehend this, well you are a Bear fan so i wouldn't expect you to understand facts and reality.

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
BearPerspective said:

Excuses are what Bear fans have been using the last 20 years, facts are what I have been stating, you just can't seem to comprehend this, well you are a Bear fan so i wouldn't expect you to understand facts and reality.

By reality, do you mean Brett's stats vs. the Bears in the last 3 meetings? 0 TD's, 8 ints. Yeah, "facts" are what Im talking about.

Like I said, all you can do is drum up ancient history and come up with excuses. Congratulations. I didnt chime in here to bash brett, but instead to argue why starting rogers was the smart move. You guys take everything as an insult because you think Brett is immortal. Fine. Congratulations on your losing season this year AND next.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reality, Brett holds every QB record there is AT YOUR HOME FIELD, the last 15 yrs, only a Bear fan could actually gloat because The Packers finally, came back to their level.

I stated earlier that The Bears are looking real good this year but don't come on here spouting your crap UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY WIN SOMETHING WORTH SPOUTING ABOUT.

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
Reality, Brett holds every QB record there is AT YOUR HOME FIELD, the last 15 yrs, only a Bear fan could actually gloat because The Packers finally, came back to their level.

I stated earlier that The Bears are looking real good this year but don't come on here spouting your crap UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY WIN SOMETHING WORTH SPOUTING ABOUT.

Again, ancient history is all you got. Congratulations on your losing season this year AND next. Congratulations on Favre tracking down the most fitting stat of all. The all-time INT record. Chasing Blanda. Congratulations.

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, this sucks, I really didnt even want to get into this argument, but why do you have to take those shots? Im probably going to get banned now for trash talking. But you had to take the shots, didnt you. Thanks alot.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What another backhanded shot at Brett, the guy you claim to have all the respect in the world, just because you and ESPN think Brett is done, doesn't mean he should retire.
Reality if Brett tried to retire ther would be 10 teams in the NFL, minimum trying to talk him out of it, wanting him to come play for them.
Oh and by the way, The Bears would probably one of them, since they don't know how long Grossman will stay healthy, since he has yet to play a whiole season.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:
Buckeyepackfan said:

Again, ancient history is all you got. Congratulations on your losing season this year AND next. Congratulations on Favre tracking down the most fitting stat of all. The all-time INT record. Chasing Blanda. Congratulations.

I'm not about to bash the Bears, I think they are actually onto something this year.
However, If you want to talk about ancient history, when is the last time the Bears won a Super Bowl? How many have they won? How many starting QB's have they had since they won a Super Bowl and how many starting QB's have the Packers had since they won their 3RD Superbowl?

And you want to talk about the QB with the all time interception record, you are right it is Blanda.
Guess what; he was a QB for the Bears!!!!!!!

Your sour grapes are just that; sour grapes.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:
Buckeyepackfan said:
BearPerspective said:

By reality, do you mean Brett's stats vs. the Bears in the last 3 meetings? 0 TD's, 8 ints. Yeah, "facts" are what Im talking about.

Like I said, all you can do is drum up ancient history and come up with excuses. Congratulations. I didnt chime in here to bash brett, but instead to argue why starting rogers was the smart move. You guys take everything as an insult because you think Brett is immortal. Fine. Congratulations on your losing season this year AND next.

If people actually looked more closely at the stats they'd see Favre's INT to TD ratio is very similar to Dan Marino's, John Elway's, and Jonny U.

You'll also see that Favre has attempted almost twice the amount of passed than Blanda.

Even if Favre throws for more INT't then anyone, the stat is very misleading considering the amount of passes he has thrown for and the amount of touchdowns as welll.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah im not worried about anyone with a functional brain comparing Favre to Blanda....

everyone knows Brett Favre is one of the top three QBs if not the top QB of all time. They just get tired of packer fans telling them that so they come up with a stat like his INT numbers. Bretts done it better for longer than any QB in bears history even if you multiply their stats by 2. dont let toolbag bear fans bring you down. sour grapes.

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
BearPerspective said:
Buckeyepackfan said:

I'm not about to bash the Bears, I think they are actually onto something this year.
However, If you want to talk about ancient history, when is the last time the Bears won a Super Bowl?

Again, I DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT ANCIENT HISTORY. That is the point here. Chrissakes.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:
yooperfan said:
BearPerspective said:
Buckeyepackfan said:

However, If you want to talk about ancient history, when is the last time the Bears won a Super Bowl?

Again, I DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT ANCIENT HISTORY. That is the point here. Chrissakes.

see?? i TOLD you to shut up & keep it to the smack area but you just couldn't HELP yourself, could you?

lemme explain something to you...you are a Bears fan - nobody on this site gives one rat's *** what you think of favre, MM, TT, or anyone else in the packers organization.

it's fine to talk smack - just learn to keep it where it belongs. :roll:

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
BearPerspective said:
yooperfan said:
BearPerspective said:
Buckeyepackfan said:

see?? i TOLD you to shut the f up & keep it to the smack area but you just couldn't HELP yourself, could you?

lemme explain something to you...you are a Bears fan - nobody on this site gives one rat's *** what you think of favre, MM, TT, or anyone else in the packers organization.

it's fine to talk smack - just learn to keep it where it belongs. :roll:

Again, I didnt start it. Tell your fellow fans to do the same and their wont be an issue. You told me to shut the "f" up? Wow. This is a great board after all :roll:

Who was saying something about sour grapes?

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oooh...ouch, that hurt.

you are ON a packer forum, dissing the team, & talking trash about brett favre for cripes sakes...what did you expect?? get a grip, silly pooh bear.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You dont come on here and trash Brett Favre, what are you thinking Bearsfan???

We do have the best QB and teams and people know it, they are just jealous that we have had the same QB for many years...Brett still has what it takes to get the job done...

I agree with 4packgirl, if you want to talk smack go to the appropriate column and talk smack all you want...

packerfanfourever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.465151+-
It is funny how the bears fans come out of the woodwork and rip on the Pack and Favre when they are down.

You Bear fans are still pissed off at Favre and the Packers for kicking you butts over those years.

Enjoy your 4 to 6 year run because it will end! and in 4 years we should be right back up their winning the division and you guys will be back in the basement were you guys belong.

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfanfourever said:
It is funny how the bears fans come out of the woodwork and rip on the Pack and Favre when they are down.

You Bear fans are still pissed off at Favre and the Packers for kicking you butts over those years.

Enjoy your 4 to 6 year run because it will end! and in 4 years we should be right back up their winning the division and you guys will be back in the basement were you guys belong.

As I said, its all cyclical. The bears owned the 80's, the packers had the 90's and would've fallen off earlier if it werent for the great longevity of ONE player who I admit was great, but all talent streaks come to an end. Yes, the Pack will beat the Bears again someday, and someday after that, the Bears will beat the pack again. Seems that only the Lions cant seem to ever get it together.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:
As I said, its all cyclical. The bears owned the 80's, the packers had the 90's and would've fallen off earlier if it werent for the great longevity of ONE player who I admit was great, but all talent streaks come to an end. Yes, the Pack will beat the Bears again someday, and someday after that, the Bears will beat the pack again. Seems that only the Lions cant seem to ever get it together.

I think we can all agree the Vikings and Lions will win the SB when hell freezes over.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
BearPerspective said:
Buckeyepackfan said:
BearPerspective said:

If people actually looked more closely at the stats they'd see Favre's INT to TD ratio is very similar to Dan Marino's, John Elway's, and Jonny U.

You'll also see that Favre has attempted almost twice the amount of passed than Blanda.

Even if Favre throws for more INT't then anyone, the stat is very misleading considering the amount of passes he has thrown for and the amount of touchdowns as welll.

Excellent points regarding those stats porky88,

I don't think many of the Brett bashers understand them though lol !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts