Like it or not, Brett is the guy

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
so, none of those over/under throws has anything to do with guys running bad or wrong routes?? i'm sure the franks pass was just a miscue but think about it...k-rob is new to the team & therefore is NOT as familiar with the playbook. we all know favre isn't the Lord re-incarnate but to blame the entire loss on him is ludicrous.

Thanks 4packgirl!!! Great post!!!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
4packgirl said:
so, none of those over/under throws has anything to do with guys running bad or wrong routes?? i'm sure the franks pass was just a miscue but think about it...k-rob is new to the team & therefore is NOT as familiar with the playbook. we all know favre isn't the Lord re-incarnate but to blame the entire loss on him is ludicrous.

When I hear Favre questioning his play common sense tells me he missed a lot of opportunities himself. Jennings ran a slant and Favre just lead him a little to much. Franks throw was just an awful read. I'm sure some were mistakes by the WR's as well but not ALL OF THEM. It's ridiculous that people will blame the loss all on Favre but it's just as ridiculous to blame everyone else but him. That’s my point with Favre as of late.

i'd say we are in complete agreement on this subject, porky!! :D yay us!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
porky88 said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:
kmac said:
A lack of talent can't make Brett overthrow guys by 10 yards.

I think that, usually, lost games are not his fault. However, this one is 100% on Brett.

What game were you watching kmac??? Surely not the same one I was watching...IMO Brett was awesome!!! He again almost came back to win this game, how many QB can do that?? They would have won this game at the end if Brett didnt get hit while he was about to throw it...things like this happens, everytime we loose a game I hate to come here and see how much trashing Brett gets,,,he isnt perfect, but he surely dont loose these games for us either..

Wake up!! Its the entire team that makes mistakes,,it is the entire team that wins games..not just "ONE" person...and this include the coaching staff as well..

We were at the Steelers game at San Diego yesterday,,and sorry PacknSteel, but Roelisberger dont come up to Favre in playing in games and he just won the superbowl last year..not many QB's come up to Bretts level of playing..He throws balls and has interceptions when they are behind in points, last he did this and this year as well, the guy is trying to make things happen, to give this team a chance...

So NO NO NO was this 100% Bretts fault!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if anyone is blaming everything on Favre but Favre is not Jesus in Cleats and he needs to be held accountable for his bad plays. He didn't play a perfect game yesterday that's for sure. He had a couple of bad throws and he said it himself. He missed Jennings twice. Once on a slant. The other for a first down. Missed Robinson deep and threw it way to high for Bubba Franks who is fairly tall. Made a poor read and missed a wide open Bubba Franks for a TD. If people are going to thrash Al Harris, Charles Woodson, offensive lineman (and rightfully so) what's the big deal in holding Favre accountable for his mistakes as well?

The last play was a matter of 3 guys but I mainly point the finger on Tauscher. After that you can look at the game film and pick apart many players including Brett Favre.

I notice you left off your boy Driver. He hasn't shown up for the past two weeks.

Add Driver to the list as well. You can add all 53 men but Favre better be on there as well and that's my point.... Driver hasn't played well either. He's been hurt but not playing up to his caliber.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was waiting for the "he's been hurt" factor. Like Favre hasn't.

You can always find plays where Favre could have done more. He is the QB and handles the ball every play. Harris, Woodson and the others mentioned are not asked to execute perfectly every play. When they get a chance they need to take advantage of it.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

You can always find plays where Favre could have done more. He is the QB and handles the ball every play. Harris, Woodson and the others mentioned are not asked to execute perfectly every play. When they get a chance they need to take advantage of it.

Did you read my post? "He's been hurt but not playing up to his caliber."

"Driver hasn't played well either."

"You can add all 53 men to the list but Favre better be on there too."

All posted in the above.

I'm not sure if I can be any more clear with my points. If your going to play the blame game. Hold Favre and everyone including Driver accountable for their mistakes. Not just one or two players.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
DePack said:

All posted in the above.

I'm not sure if I can be any more clear with my points. If your going to play the blame game. Hold Favre and everyone including Driver accountable for their mistakes. Not just one or two players.

OK....everybody sucks. Who's responsible for that???

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
porky88 said:
DePack said:

All posted in the above.

Well that would take us back to TT, No ?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
porky88 said:
DePack said:

All posted in the above.

If that's how you think then fine. Coaching, inexperience, scouts, TT, Harlan... so on and so on.

I don't think everyone sucks. I think the players who make the mistakes need to be held accountable. Brett Favre included.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
DePack said:
porky88 said:
DePack said:

All posted in the above.

If that's how you think then fine. Coaching, inexperience, scouts, TT, Harlan... so on and so on.

I don't think everyone sucks. I think the players who make th

e mistakes need to be held accountable. Brett Favre included.

I agree with this statement!!! But all players have bad days just like you and I do..noones perfect not even football players...

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
porky88 said:
DePack said:
porky88 said:
DePack said:

All posted in the above.

I don't think everyone sucks. I think the players who make th

e mistakes need to be held accountable. Brett Favre included.

I agree with this statement!!! But all players have bad days just like you and I do..noones perfect not even football players...

:shock: :shock: WHAT????!!!!! But these are Packers!!! :shock: :shock: :wink:

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think each week this teams plays it is more evident that they can't win without Brett playing a near perfect game. A few weeks ago we talled at length about Favre throwing intercetpions. The comments then were that we were behind and Favre had to make those throws. My point then was that you can't just throw the ball up for grabs and expect to get back in the game.

I thought Brett played pretty darn well until that last play. The only thing I will say about that play is the same thing that I would say to Morency, Greene, Herron, Driver or anyone else on that team; you've got to hold on to the ball, you have to secure the ball. I don't criticize him anymore than I would anyone else. His name or his position is not important. If you want to win close games, you have to execute. The blockers have to block better, receivers and running backs have to hold on to the ball, the kicker has to make field goals, defenders have to catch those sure interceptions, everyone has to do their job, and so does the quarterback.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well said, Packedhouse.

Brett played decent today. He missed some passes, and made some stupid throws, but that's brett. He's going to totally miss Jennings downfield, and then hit him in stride for a TD. He never has been accurate and never will be. The good news for us is that I think there is a less accurate QB in the league, Donavan McNabb. The bad news for us is that Donovan's tendency is to miss low, which turns into an incomplete. Brett misses high, which turns into an INT.

I would like to see Rodgers get some more playing time as well, but there was no point in this game that justified that. We were close the whole game.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
I think each week this teams plays it is more evident that they can't win without Brett playing a near perfect game. A few weeks ago we talled at length about Favre throwing intercetpions. The comments then were that we were behind and Favre had to make those throws. My point then was that you can't just throw the ball up for grabs and expect to get back in the game.

I thought Brett played pretty darn well until that last play. The only thing I will say about that play is the same thing that I would say to Morency, Greene, Herron, Driver or anyone else on that team; you've got to hold on to the ball, you have to secure the ball. I don't criticize him anymore than I would anyone else. His name or his position is not important. If you want to win close games, you have to execute. The blockers have to block better, receivers and running backs have to hold on to the ball, the kicker has to make field goals, defenders have to catch those sure interceptions, everyone has to do their job, and so does the quarterback.

Favre was about to throw the ball, hence the ball in one hand. Tauscher missed his man and the guy got a hand on the ball from Favres blind side.

Favre played well and used his checkdowns efficiently. He missed one progression that I saw(Franks in the end zone) and it was costly. He overthrew a few more times than I think we are used to.

(in response to Timmons)
I disagree that Favre is not an accurate passer. On the contrary, I think he is a very accurate passer. You don't fire it into the spaces he does without being accurate. Also, quite a bit of his passes that were intercepted last year were right on the money....but for a tip, bouncing off the reciever, or a defensive player cutting it off, it would have been completed.

Another thing I think we need to keep in mind is that it takes two people to complete a pass. This is not sandlot ball where you wait for the guy to be open in the corner waving his hands before you throw the ball. Favre generally throws the ball before the reciever has made his cut on the route. One step short or long and Favre's pass "appears" to be poorly thrown when the route was actually poorly run.

Favre's biggest drawback is his continual need to throw it up for grabs hoping his guy will out jump the defenders and bring it in. this was true for guys like Driver, Walker, Freeman, Rison...etc. Chatman last year? nope. Fergeson? Not ol'e gator arms. Brett's biggest fault is his insistence on trusting his receivers.

Don't believe me? What is hailed as Brett's greatest game? Oakland right? Look how many times he heaved it into double and triple coverage only to have Driver and Walker haul them in. Had they been intercepted would it still have been "his" greatest game? So what did he have to do with the outcome of those throws? little.

Many on this site are young and know only Favre as our QB. Trust me when I say this......Only once he is gone will you ever really truly appreciate what we have, and then it will be too late.

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone retires at some time. Brett isn't going to play forever, but I get your point. I don't want to think about the day we have to play without him. The people of Bart Starr's era didn't want to play without him either. Bart was as big of an icon as Brett is today.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
A lack of talent can't make Brett overthrow guys by 10 yards.

I think that, usually, lost games are not his fault. However, this one is 100% on Brett.

This post is very funny. Do you actually watch the games? Or do you just look at sports center and the box scores before making your posts. Man, watch the games before you make stupid posts like this. No smart person who saw the game would say something so stupid as you just did. Just ridiculous. We would be 0 - 5 if Rodgers was in the game. Every game would have been a blowout.

We got beat up in the first game vs Chicago but so has everyone else who played Chicago. We have had a realistic chance to win every other game late in the 4th quarter except in the Philly game or should i say the "Ahmad Caroll" game. Not Bretts fault at all. We were actually in that game till the middle of the 3rd quarter till the secondary let the flood gates open.

Our guys are fumbling left and right in every single game giving up scoring chances and giving away easy scores because of field position.

Guys are dropping KEY passes in KEY situations which cause major momentum swings. The offensive line has played better but still shaky in pass protecting and has put so much pressure on Brett. I believe Brett is having one of his best seasons in terms of decision making and giving the team a chance to win.

Our defense.......What can i say. Secondary was the worst in the league with Caroll in there and now they are just average without him. Its called addition by subtraction. Linebackers have been average. The defensive line except for KGB is stopping the run pretty well. Overall, the defense is pretty pathetic even though they play very well in spurts. Very inconsistent.

And you want to Blame Brett????
A retard and a computer is a very dangerous thing. Please do us all a favor and jump off a bridge.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I apologize for the "jump off a bridge" comment :)

I get a little worked up when ignorant people say dumb things though. Im sorry. Please dont jump. Dont jump........

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank somebody upstairs that Brett is still the guy :

He has been forced to throw for 1275 yards ( 4rth in the NFL ) while managing to rank ( 2cnd ) for pass completions with 115.

Yeah, I like that Brett is still the "guy". I would be a fool not to.

(For the above as well as the intangables that are too many to list) !!!

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's just going to be one of those years where we'll be heartbroke more then a few times but at least I'm finding the team enjoyable to watch cause I give them credit for at least being competitive. They actually play right up there with anyone for most of the time but there's always those inconsistant periods that are killing us and so far no one's an exception to that. I like Brett leading these guys this year and teaching the kids about hard work and maturing and then next year when Aaoron probably takes over he'll be in a lot better posostion to take over a team that can help him succeed. I do think Brett's doing some good things for this team that no one realizes cause they don't show up on the stat sheet

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Brett Favre blows a game it is "One man does not cost you the game" and "Brett almost saved the day"

If Ahmad Caroll or anyone else screws up it is "The Caroll game" or "He single handedly lost it for us!"

I would guess that this is the very reason that he did not go to a contender for his last couple of years of his career. They would have expected him to perform.
You on the other hand... he can throw 30 picks including some killer ones when you really needed him and you just drop to your knees for him.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant answer that for everyone!! Yes, I think Favre is an awesome player, but I also dont see anything that this man has done wrong either, no hes not perfect and maybe at times could make "some" better throws, but just maybe its the recievers not being where they are suppose to be?? I have seen him many times throw up his hands and motion to recievers like where were you? Your suppose to be over here..also you cannot blame Favre for this last loss, he was bringing this game back for us to win, then he got hit, this wasnt on him..

Favre, IMO has not lost us games, its not on one man..it is a team effort..

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where 5 years ago Brett wouldve won games, he is now losing them. Its really that simple. Him hanging the ball out there and fumbling...that's the "old man" Brett. The young Brett would've rolled way out, almost gotten sacked and threw the ball off his back foot randomly into the secondary where magically, some Packer reciever would've come down with it and made Brett look magnificent. He used to be a playmaker, now he's a game loser. His rating is below average. His turnover ratio the last two seasons is BRUTAL. QB used to be the Pack's greatest strength. Now its one of the "many" problems. I do like where you guys' LBs are headed.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:
Where 5 years ago Brett wouldve won games, he is now losing them. Its really that simple. Him hanging the ball out there and fumbling...that's the "old man" Brett. The young Brett would've rolled way out, almost gotten sacked and threw the ball off his back foot randomly into the secondary where magically, some Packer reciever would've come down with it and made Brett look magnificent. He used to be a playmaker, now he's a game loser. His rating is below average. His turnover ratio the last two seasons is BRUTAL. QB used to be the Pack's greatest strength. Now its one of the "many" problems. I do like where you guys' LBs are headed.

Obviously you didn't see the game or the play that you are talking about.
Brett doesn't have eyes in the back of his head, and although the play was not a designed roll-out, I,m sure he would have done so if he would have had time, unfortunately the d-lineman got to him in less then 3 seconds.

Don't come on here trying to be "The Brett Favre" expert, you Bear fans make me laugh, after 20 years of futility, you all are now The all knowing experts on what to do to win.

The Bears look good this year, when and if they actually WIN A PLAYOFF GAME, them maybe you can come here talking your trash, until then your opinions mean littlle!!!!

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, all your excuses wont change Brett's numbers or your record. Im only stating the obvious. Not claiming to be an expert. I suffered a long time because Brett was so great. I respect him as a hall of famer for those years, but its painfully obvious those years are behind him.

...and quit living in the past. I mean, we're not giving you guys crap for the 80s, why give us crap for the 90s? This is all cyclical in case you havent noticed.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not making EXCUSES, just stating the facts of what happened on the play, which obviously you didn't see, or only see it through your Bear Perspective eyes.

Nobody is saying Brett is as good as he was 5 or 10 years ago, but until someone comes along who proves they give the Packers a better chance of winning, I'm sticking with Ole #4, because right now with the way the talent around him has been stripped away, he still is The packs best chane to win!!!!

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
I'm not making EXCUSES, just stating the facts of what happened on the play, which obviously you didn't see, or only see it through your Bear Perspective eyes.

Nobody is saying Brett is as good as he was 5 or 10 years ago, but until someone comes along who proves they give the Packers a better chance of winning, I'm sticking with Ole #4, because right now with the way the talent around him has been stripped away, he still is The packs best chane to win!!!!

By "best chance to win" I suppose you mean going 6-10 vs. 4-12 with Rogers who could use gametime to see if you need to draft another QB or not. It puts your team behind another year or two to keep Brett in there. Plus, it hurts your draft position. I see no benefit to Brett playing, other than that the Bears can count on him for at LEAST two picks.

Staff online

Latest posts