OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DRAFT REVIEW

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/

Green Bay Packers 2007 NFL Draft Review By Tony Moss, NFL Editor

1 - Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee (6-4, 305); 2 - Brandon Jackson, RB, Nebraska (5-10, 210); 3 - James Jones, WR, San Jose State (6-1, 207); 3 - Aaron Rouse, SS, Virginia Tech (6-4, 225); 4 - Allen Barbre, T, Missouri Southern (6-4, 300); 5 - David Clowney, WR, Virginia Tech (6-0, 188); 6 - Korey Hall, LB, Boise State (6-0, 229); 6 - Desmond Bishop, LB, Cal (6-2, 239); 6 - Mason Crosby, K, Colorado (6-1, 212); 7 - DeShawn Wynn, RB, Florida (5-10, 232); 7 - Clark Harris, TE, Rutgers (6-5, 261);

Analysis: Judging by ESPN's coverage, a group of seven-year-old Packer fans was clearly irate at the team's selection of Harrell, who was hurt for the majority of his senior year and who most experts expected to go late-first or early-second round. Green Bay didn't fill its glaring need in the backfield until the second round (thanks in large part to the Bills stealing Marshawn Lynch at No. 12), picking the somewhat undersized Jackson. The Pack also selected Wynn, who struggled to find his way out or Urban Meyer's doghouse while in college, in the seventh round. The franchise might have engaged in the reach of the entire draft by selecting Jones on the first day (some scouts had him in the undrafted free agent zone), but got good value for the speedy Clowney in the fifth round. Elsewhere on offense, Harris has a chance to stick on a team that needs tight end help. On defense, Rouse is a pure in-the-box type of safety. And on special teams, the selection of Crosby, who many considered to be the best kicker in the draft, puts Dave Rayner on notice. Bottom Line: Eleven picks, and not a can't-miss player among the bunch. Grade: C-

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OFFICIAL 2007 DRAFT PACK REVIEWS & GRADE

I have to kill myself now. Tony Moss didn't like our draft.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm glad someone was finally smart enough to realize that the 7 year olds in the Lambeau Atrium were booing because of Harrell's questionable ability to help our defensive line due to the bicep injury he suffered in 2006.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I gave them a C. "Wait and See" is the best reply but I wanted to give a grade.
It seems like a few players were taken before they should have and TT passed on players that may have more skill. Based on the ESPN valuation James Jones has the 2nd lowest rating of all the players they drafted. More than likely they could have gotten him in the 5th round and they could have picked up someone else in the 3rd.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why even mention the 7 year-old thing? That's stupid writing.

I especially love this last line. "Eleven picks, and not a can't-miss player among the bunch"

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: OFFICIAL 2007 DRAFT PACK REVIEWS & GRADE

Yared-Yam said:

I especially love this last line. "Eleven picks, and not a can't-miss player among the bunch"

grading drafts the week after the draft is stupid in general. I get a kick out of it though.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yared-Yam said:

grading drafts the week after the draft is stupid in general. I get a kick out of it though.

Out of curiosity what grade did you vote Trom?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

thats the thing pyle.... where not jumping to conclusions... just giving them the benefit of the doubt.

you guys are condemning them because ESPN said so. its freakin stupid. they havent played one down in the NFL and your all pissed about who TT picked.

i cant tell you how stupid this whole debate really is... im stupid for being here. were all stupid. stupid. stupid

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tromadz said:
Yared-Yam said:

I didn't vote. :thumbsup:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
Yared-Yam said:

I didn't vote AKA I scurried faster than a chicken in Ethiopa to submit my "A" vote.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
Yared-Yam said:

I didn't vote AKA I scurried faster than a chicken in Ethiopa to submit my "A" vote.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
Yared-Yam said:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pretty *****.

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DRAFT REVIEW

http://www.mytvisonfire.com/packersnation/

Review of the Green Bay Packers 2007 Draft.

1st roundJustin Harrell, DT, Tennessee
Ted Thompson Press Conference
D-Line gets stronger, Deeper with Harrell
When Justin Harrell was selected by the Packers I was wondering what in the world was Thompson thinking. After researching him more I am pretty happy with the pick. I think Justin Harrell will be a great DT as long as he stays away from injuries. I have heard from several people that he would have been a top 10 pick if he didn’t get hurt in his senior season. Justin Harrell is a dominant run stuffer because of his size and strength. He completed the bench press 27 times with his injured arm not even totally healed. He will be a monster in the midde. I think he could also become a good pass rusher. Along with being a good football player he is a good person. He is a great teammate and will sacrifice himself for the team. With the Justin Harrell pick I am happy with the player but not happy with the position since DT wasn’t one of our biggest needs. Overall a good but surprising pick. Grade B.
2nd Round
Brandon Jackson, RB, Nebraska
Before researching him I knew very little about Brandon Jackson. After researching him I love the pick. Brandon Jackson played in a zone blocking scheme in college so there will be less transition. He has great field vision which is necessary for the zone blocking scheme. He is very shifty, meaning he is good at jukes and cutbacks which is also important for a RB in the zone blocking scheme. Watching highlight films of Brandon Jackson I think he will be a great RB. He looks a lot like Barry Sanders in his shiftyness and deceptive speed. I think Brandon Jackson will surprise everyone and have a huge impact this year. Grade A-
3rd Round
James Jones, WR, San Jose State
I think James Jones is by far Thompson’s worst pick so far. He will be a huge project and I think he will take a couple of years to develop. I would rather have had Randy Moss. James Jones has been jumping up draft boards lately a lot like Greg Jennings last year. After watching a highlight video I feel better about this pick. I think he will be a good position receiver and will be dominant at the jump ball and good in the end zone. I still think we picked him early. Grade: C
Aaron Rouse, S, Virginia Tech
Aaron Rouse is a average prospect. He is a hard hitter and good teammate. He needs to work on his coverage skills though. He will be a monster on special teams and many believe he could take the starting job from Marquand Manuel part way through the season. I know little about ROuse so I can’t really judge him at this point. Grade: C
Day One Grade: B-

Day Two
4th Round
Allen Barbre, OL, Missouri Southern
Overall I think Allen Barbre will be a good Packer. He is a developmental prospect who I believe could become a starter in a couple years. He is strong, athletic, and fast for an offensive weapon. He was so fast he played on kick and punt coverages and actually was pretty good. His speed and athleticism will be perfect for the zone scheme. I think he will replace Chad Clifton when his knees finally give out. A developmental prospect who I believe can start in a couple of years. Grade: B+
5th Round
David Clowney, WR, Virginia Tech
Overall I think Clowney could be a steal of the draft. He has the speed, route running skills, and hands to be a good deep ball threat. He will need time to develop though. This year he will probably be a returner and the occasional target of the deep ball. In a couple of years I believe he will be a good #2 or great #3 receiver. Grade B+
6th Round
Korey Hall, LB (we are switching him to FB), Boise State
Korey Hall was a strange pick. The Packers are planning on switching him to FB. He is also a special teams monster. I think Korey Hall will have to be pretty successful with his new position in order to make the Packers roster. He will deffinently help us in special teams though. This is a questionable draft pick. It will be a good pick if he adjusts well to his position but otherwise it will be a wasted pick. With this pick we will have to wait and see. Grade C-
Desmond Bishop, LB, California
Desmond Bishop was a questionable pick. The Packers are already deep at LB so I don’t know why the Packers needed to draft another one. I think Bishop will have to fight for a spot on this team. From what I have heard he seems a lot like Hodge. He is a run stuffer who isn’t very fast. The only way Bishop plays this year is if one of our starters get hurt. He will most likely play special teams which he excelled at in college. Bishop will have to fight hard in training camp to get a spot on the team but I think he could develop into a good backup in time. Grade C
Mason Crosby, K, Colorado
At this point in the draft the Packers made the right decision. Dave Rayner didn’t do bad last year but we could deffinently improve the position. Mason Crosby was ranked as the best kicker in the draft by most people. Crosby has a really strong leg. He will deffinently get good hangtime on kickoffs. He also has pretty good accuracy. The two concerns with Crosby is that he might not kick as well outside Colorado (many think the altitude helped his kicks), and some think he fails under pressure. Crosby will be in direct competition with Rayner this year. Whoever wins the competition will get the job. I think Crosby could be something special at the kicking position. Round wise I think Crosby will be the steal of our draft. Grade A.
7th Round
Deshawn Wynn, RB, Florida
Deshawn Wynn is a risky pick. He could either be a good power back or he could be a quick cut from the team. In the 7th round you need to take risks like this. Deshawn Wynn made it to the 7th round because he has in the past not listened to his coaches and he is supposedly really lazy. If McCarthy can keep Wynn motivated and listening to him I think he will be a very good pick. He is a power back and the Packers drastically needs one. He will be good in short yardage and goal line situations. He will be a nice compliment to Jackson and Morency. I think Wynn will either be an early cut or he will make a big impact in short yardage and goal line situations. It all depends on if he is willing to be coached and willing to work hard and quit being lazy. If he can we got a steal in the 7th. If he doesn’t we just lost a 7th rounder who rarely turn out. A risky pick but worth it in the 7th round. Grade B
Clark Harris, TE, Rutgers
As one of the last picks in the draft I think Clark Harris was a good pick. Some experts had him going in the 3rd to 4th round range. Clark Harris is a pass catching TE and that is it. His biggest weakness is that he can’t block at all. What the Packers need the most is a pass catching TE so he fits in. He will have to fight for a roster spot with Alcorn, Humphrey, and Lee. Overall a good pick. Grade B
Overall I think Thompson had a good but not great draft. Thompson added many rookies that will eventually help this team. I think Harrell, Jackson, Jones (in time), Rouse, Barbre, Clowney, and Crosby should make the team. I think Harrell and Jackson will have an immediate impact on this team. I think the rest of the picks are more of projects. Most Packer fans are upset that Thompson didn’t address the offense enough and didn’t give Brett enough weapons. I agree to a degree. I think Thompson should have added a WR and TE earlier in the draft. Moss would also have been a good addition. I think Thompson wanted to address the future along with the present with this draft. A lot of his picks are prospects that could turn into very good players if they are given some time to develop. I think some of these rookies will surprise some people. Thompson didn’t make any big moves in order to make a push for the Super Bowl. It would have been nice but we wouldn’t have made the Super Bowl anyway. We are too young. Thompson is building a team which I believe will make a push for the Super Bowl next year. This year I expect the Packers to be close to where they were last year. The Packers will challenge for the playoffs and might actually make them this year. Overall Grade B

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

thanks for finding these tophat

i still think theyre pointless, good reviews or bad.

Training Camp.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What's this? Someone did research on the players instead of blindly panning them?

This should be the new fad.

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SUM UP DRAFT REVIEW: "SEND IN THE CLOWNEY...."

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/05/packers-clowney-otherpicks020507.html

Send in the Clowney, and other Packer picks By D.Laurant

Over the past two weeks, people all over the country have been thinking about Virginia Tech. And so were the Green Bay Packers , but for a different reason. As it turned out, the Packers snagged Hokies in the third and fifth rounds of last weekend's draft, choosing safety Aaron Rouse as one of their third-round picks and taking wide receiver David Clowney fifth. Both Tech products said they were still traumatized by the April 16 shooting on campus that left 33 dead.
It takes some confidence in your scouting staff to draft a guy named Clowney. Yet while Rouse was high on most draft boards, his teammate could be a sleeper. The 6-foot, 188-pound Clowney never visited the end zone for Tech last season, but he caught 34 passes for 341 yards. Frank Beamer rotated a number of receivers in and out, and quarterback Sean Glennon was a freshman, both of which contributed to his relatively modest numbers. The number that matters to Green Bay is 4.36 -- Clowney's combine 40 time, despite coming off a hamstring pull.
Green Bay also took a receiver in the third round, San Jose State's James Jones. More of a possession receiver than Clowney, Jones caught 70 passes for 893 yards last season. "James Jones is a very strong, very physical player," General Manager Ted Thompson told the Capitol News of Madison. "He's the kind of guy, he goes up to the ball and defensive backs just seem to fall off of him. He catches the ball in traffic, he's good after the catch, he has some return ability.
"Clowney is unbelievably fast. I think he gives us the ability to stretch the field a little bit. He's also a very good route-runner and he's got big hands, catches the ball well. But, like I said, they'll be in competition with our other guys." Overall, Thompson said he felt his team plugged the necessary holes with its 11 selections. On paper, at least, it's hard to argue with him.
Ever since Grady Jackson left, the Packers have needed a run stopper on the defensive line. First-round pick Justin Harrell (6-4, 310) may well be that guy. Harrell missed most of last season at Tennessee with a torn biceps tendon, but his performance at the combine convinced scouts that the injury was healed (some Packer fans, who booed the pick on Draft Day, obviously didn't agree). Pass rushing is not Harrell's forte, but Green Bay already has Kabeer Gbaja-Biamiula and Aaron Kampman for that. Harrell is known for having a strong lower body and being very difficult to move aside.
Green Bay's other pressing need, with Ahman Green gone, was for a running back. So the Packers revisited Green's old school, Nebraska, to draft Cornhusker Brandon Jackson. At 5-9, 210 and 4.5, Jackson has more than adequate speed and size, and he rushed for 989 yards and eight touchdowns last year in a pass-oriented offense. He also gained over 300 yards in pass receptions, giving Brett Favre another potential weapon. What raised some eyebrows was that such better-known backs as Antonio Pittman, Michael Bush, Tony Hunt and Lorenzo Booker were still on the board when Jackson was taken.
In addition, the Packers chose the underachieving DeShawn Wynn from the University of Florida in Round 7. A frequent target of criticism from coach Urban Meyer, Wynn still managed to gain 621 yards and score seven touchdowns for the national champion Gators, then tacked on a touchdown run against Ohio State in the BCS bowl. A 232-pounder, he could give Green Bay the big back it lost when Najeh Davenport went to Pittsburgh. Finally, the Packers may have gotten a jewel in Colorado kicker Mason Crosby, a Big 12 legend and the best at his craft in the college ranks. And, as a bonus, a guy who's used to kicking in cold weather.
Other Pack picks included OT Allen Barbre of Missouri Southern, a small school project who has been clocked at 4.8 in the 40 at 300-plus pounds; Boise State LB Korey Hall (the WAC Defensive Player of the Year) and Rutgers tight end Clark Harris, a prolific pass catcher with a well-known aversion to blocking. Draft gurus generally panned Green Bay's draft, ranking it from a B-minus to a D. Maybe they've never seen Mason Crosby kick. Or David Clowney run.
__________________________________________________________________________________

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-nfcdraftgrades043007&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Green Bay Packers: They spent their first-round pick on Justin Harrell, a defensive tackle with an ample injury history and only three games of senior film. That's a tremendous risk for the 16th overall pick. At the very least, the Packers could have moved back to Denver's slot at 21 and picked up the extra third- and sixth-round picks that went to Jacksonville (the Broncos traded up to the Jaguars' spot at 17). Wideout James Jones sounds like another possession guy. Running back Brandon Jackson is a scary pick, too, considering his two surgically repaired shoulders. Strong safety Aaron Rouse was a good value pick in the third, and offensive tackle Allen Barbre could move to guard and end up a steal in the fourth. They cast a nice, wide net with 11 picks, but there were too many risks and question marks on the first day. Grade: C-

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
POSTDRAFT REVIEWS & BONUS: "THE PLAN"

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=2...=http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=2&c=641465

Would everyone just relax? By Steve Lawrence

Ted Thompson's 2007 draft has come under fire from many die-hard Packers fans. PackerReport.com's Steve Lawrence is underwhelmed, too, but he urges patience and tries to explain Thompson's logic.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=2...=http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=2&c=641465

Sydney Speaks! Sticking to the plan By Harry Sydney

PackerReport.com's Harry Sydney offers further analysis of the Packers Class of 2007, and wonders which of the 11 selections will make an impact this season. Thompson continues with rebuilding effort instead of landing impact players.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=2...=http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=2&c=641752

Let's chill out Packers fans!

PackerReport.com correspondent Fox explains how Ted Thompson used the NFL draft to hit on areas that need improvement

http://pu2006.typepad.com/packerupdate/2007/04/pack_rebuilding.html

BONUS: GM TT'S "PLAN" VIEW:

Even though he’s never uttered the dreaded “R” word, there should no longer be any doubt that GM Ted Thompson is still in the relatively early stages [?] of rebuilding the Packers. So then why are so many fans upset over his refusal to actively partake in free agency? “I think having Brett Favre around may be causing some confusion,” said a person familiar with the situation. “You normally don’t rebuild around a 37-year-old quarterback.” But that’s exactly what Thompson is doing, and it actually makes a lot of sense. “Favre should allow the Packers to stay competitive while all the young players develop,” added the source. “And to be perfectly honest, the goal isn’t to win another Super Bowl with No. 4; the goal is to be able to win another one without him."
So why is it so vital for the Packers to remain competitive while rebuilding? “It's important to remember that Thompson wasn’t hired by... John Jones,” said the source. “And just like Thompson wanted to bring in his own head coach, Jones would probably like to bring in his own general manager. I don’t think Thompson could survive two or three consecutive losing seasons....[BF] still good enough to keep the team fairly competitive, and in the process, keep Thompson around to see his long-range plan come to fruition.”
The “long-range plan” is to have a strong running game and a powerful defense in place for when...[the successor] takes over....[Who] is smart and resourceful player who will be able to protect the football and manage a game. “Thompson is being pragmatic,” said the source. “He knows how difficult it is to acquire a truly great quarterback, so he’s attempting to build a truly great team around that position. It's a bit easier to do and teams like Baltimore, Tampa Bay, Carolina and Chicago have proven it can get you to where you want to go.” In the meantime, Favre will hopefully buy Thompson enough time to get there.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: POSTDRAFT REVIEWS/BONUS "THE PLAN"

I disagree with the plan to move Hall to FB. Youtube tape shows what a dynamo he is on D. But then, I doubt that Wynn will make the team so we may well need a FB. Not sure of Miree.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: PACK NATION POLLS

B

I LOVE every pick after Justin Harrell, and even that pick I'm starting to come around on...this draft was different from a lot of Thompson drafts because we drafted some high profile guys from big programs...picks like Deshawn Wynn, Aaron Rouse are ones that I'm talking about--usually we don't pick on talent that has underachieved but that show's Thompson's confidence in his coaching staff after last season

I thought James Jones was solid but a reach, the guy who I wanted with that pick was Clowney, who we got anyway--depth at WR and RB were addressed, I think we could have used a corner, that's the only thing that really blew me away (in relation to the two LB picks in a row)--and Mason Crosby...there's nothing wrong with Dave Rayner but there's nothing wrong with competition...if we drafted somebody who becomes a top NFL kicker its laughter all the way to the bank...if not, its a 6th round pick

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DRAFT REVIEW: 2ND REEVALUATION

http://www.packernet.com/main/topstories.cfm?sn=118

SECOND REVIEW: Packers' Draft Review

I was like many other Packer fans I had more questions than drafted football players on whether who was drafted by Green Bay was right for the team. Now based on NOT going after the Dwayne Jarrett's or other wide receivers that would put dizzying thought of playoffs and even Super Bowl in my dreams at night. We as a Packer Nation had a reality check. The latest draft from Ted Thompson was a curve ball. But it was one that had to be thrown. It has come to light that this Draft in 2007 will be known for solidifying all of the special team units as well as depth on this football team. If we remember back in 2006 anytime we went up against a quality opponent we couldn't stop their running attack. I now believe that (TT) has taken the first step in resolving that issue. So even though Justin Harrell wasn't the pick of the fans. Harrell was the best move the Packers could have done in this draft. With Green Bay ranking 32 out of 32 NFL teams, Green Bay had to do something to improve those areas. So they selected players that played in special teams systems in college, like Virginia Tech. Both Packer selections David Clowney WR, and Aaron Rouse SS belonged on the special team units.
Lets review what the other teams in the NFC North did: Lions drafted Calvin Johnson WR, Viking drafted Adrian Peterson RB, and Chicago drafted Greg Olson TE. Now those are some athletes the Packers will have to face twice a year and they will give there fair share of headaches to Bob Sanders Defensive Coordinator. So if the Packers could not stop the run or pass last year what makes them better this year if the Packers draft a wide receiver or running back. Ted Thompson did address both the running back and the wide receiver positions in the draft and lets not forget that Koren Robinson is coming back from his years suspension and believe me Brett Favre couldn't be happier. So I believe (TT) really wasn't too interested in bringing in Randy Moss. With all the fan support on that issue, I won't go there...
The majority of the Packers draft, which includes the free agents have special teams ability in their resume. With this draft a huge difference in the depth is noticed. Green Bay will be able to make a run this year towards the playoffs. Sure the schedule this year is tougher but if the Packers improve in all of the special teams areas. Then continue to improve on defense, which should be the case. The only thing the Packers have to worry about is the offensive production. Offensively, Green Bay has really never had a problem scoring points. They still have Favre, Driver, Jennings, Robinson, Franks, Morency and Herron. With this draft look for help coming from Brandon Jackson RB, DeShawn Wynn RB, David Clowney WR, James Jones WR, Clarke Harris TE. In summary did I like the draft of the Packers, No. But do I understand that this direction taken to correct special teams and add depth was needed, Yes. Now the Packers should be able to look there opponent in the eye and believe they can compete. _______________________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.packernet.com/main/topstories.cfm?sn=117

FIRST REVIEW: BF SHOULD RETHINK DECISION. I know you can't really judge a team's draft until a couple of years have gone by. I don't think you'll need that long in the case of the Green Bay Packers' 2007 draft. Simply judging by the medical records of the players the Packers took this weekend; it will be a miracle if any of them are even able to participate in the rookie minicamp this week, much less be playing two years from now. If you were injured or hardly started in college, you had a pretty good chance of being picked by the Green Bay Packers this year. The Packers did nothing in the two days of the draft that will help them this year. If I'm Brett Favre, I change my mind and hang up my cleats right now.
I mean, really, why would you want to come back to a team that is not committed to helping you? By letting Randy Moss go to the Patriots, it is clear that Thompson doesn't care about Favre and probably wishes Favre had retired. My hope right now is that Favre does indeed decide to retire after all. I'd hate to see him have to play another year with offensive talent equivalent of a semi-pro team. I am simply stunned the Packers did nothing to improve the talent around Favre. Certainly that is a message to Favre saying you should have retired. I wish now that the Packers would have traded Favre to a contender and got something for him. Now all we will get is 10 touchdowns and 20 interceptions and a 5-11 record.

I'll say this. If these bozos the Packers picked this weekend turn out to be good players, than I will resign my position and close up Packernet. But that has about as much a chance of happening as finding weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. If I'm head coach Mike McCarthy I'm getting my offensive coordinator resume sharpened up. With only one year left on McCarthy's contract, he is now a fired man walking.
Adding Randy Moss would have made the Packers instant Super Bowl contenders. Adding James Jones makes them also-rans. Thompson appears to be on a ten-year plan with a one-year quarterback. If this two-day debacle turns out in Thompson's favor, I'll have myself castrated on the corner of Hollywood and Vine on primetime TV. My guess is Moss catches seven for a-buck-ninety in next year's Super Bowl while the Packers 5-11 team scatters throughout the country.
All confidence and enthusiasm from last year's final four-game winning streak just went down the tubes. I hope I am wrong. Certainly Thompson and his cronies know more than I do and it is there jobs on the line, but from a fan's point of view, this weekend cannot be viewed as a step in the right direction, in fact, it has been a great dissapointment.
It all comes down to Brett Favre. If you didn't plan to win this year, why did you invite him back? Why not develop Aaron Rodgers? Something is very wrong with this scenario. It appears Thompson either doesn't have the balls to tell Favre to retire or didn't have the balls to tell former team president Bob Harlan he was trading for Randy Moss. Either way, Thompson has lost some respect in my book. He is a Ron Wolf disciple but didn't act like one this weekend. He doesn't have the stones Wolf did. Harlan is still running the show just as he has since Wolf retired. John Jones or no John Jones.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts