"KUUUUUUUUUUUUHN' to become an echo?

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if you stop and think about it, what other "Football" team is going to beat the American Super Bowl winner? But yeah, I can see where that could rub non-Americans the wrong way, especially "Soccer" fans. :whistling:

Much like American Baseball calls it "The World Series". When in reality, except for the Blue Jays, its just American Teams. Oddly enough, a "World Champion" in Baseball is crowned each year in the World Baseball Classic.

https://www.worldbaseballclassic.com/

i think the way it bugs me is that i'm a bit of a grammar ****, so by definition unless an NFL team played a team from another country, it is technically incorrect to crown them World champs.

apart from the CFL, there is no other professional American Football league in the world that i am are of, so of course any NFL team would blow away any competition

The World Baseball Classic is played every four years only. Actually I don't care about the NFL, MLB or NBA crowning their championship as World Champions as no other team in the world would stand a chance against either of them.

BTW there's a world championship being held in American football every four years as well with the USA having won the title all three times when participating although having to abide by extremely restrictive criteria that make most American football players ineligible for the team.

i remember when i tried watching baseball when it first appeared on tv over hear, mid 90's, that there was maybe an annual game against a south/central american country. but had no idea there was a proper international competition for baseball.

even with extremely strict criteria, the way kids in the US are drilled in sports from a very young age means that a highschool team could possibly beat my local american football team full of fully grown adults.
i shall have to have a look at this though, any idea what the competition was called?

D

Deleted member 6794

even with extremely strict criteria, the way kids in the US are drilled in sports from a very young age means that a highschool team could possibly beat my local american football team full of fully grown adults.
i shall have to have a look at this though, any idea what the competition was called?

Here's a link to a site containing information about the tournament:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IFAF_World_Championship

The 2019 event had to be postponed until 2023 as most teams weren't interested in competing though.

Members online

Latest posts