"KUUUUUUUUUUUUHN' to become an echo?

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate seeing JK go but drafting RIP last year served as the proverbial writing on the wall. Kuhn was over appreciated by some and greatly under appreciated by others. What I will remember him most for was his team first mentality and more times than not finding a way to get the chains moved. As a 30+ year Okahoma resident and proud Sooner fan I feel good about the torch being passed to Ripkowski. He has many of the same positive attributes JK has and a motor that won't stop. He's a load to bring down, a fantastic run blocker, pretty good in pass pro and possesses under rated hands. 22 has a lot to live up to but I for one think he's going to be the next solid, if not great, Packer FB. Thanks for all the memories and for one last time...KUUUUUUUUUUHN!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Always interesting to read articles that are written based on "from a source". Especially, when one articles "source" contradicts another articles "source" and both articles released on the same day. So do you believe Greg Matzek's or Ryan Wood's source in regards to Kuhn?

Wood's article: http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...ations-ongoing-between-packers-kuhn/84244522/

Personally, I don't think the Packers have completely shut the door on a fan favorite and lunch pail kind of guy like Kuhn. However, they may just be waiting to see if they actually need him and that might not be until Sept.

D

Deleted member 6794

I hate seeing JK go but drafting RIP last year served as the proverbial writing on the wall. Kuhn was over appreciated by some and greatly under appreciated by others. What I will remember him most for was his team first mentality and more times than not finding a way to get the chains moved. As a 30+ year Okahoma resident and proud Sooner fan I feel good about the torch being passed to Ripkowski. He has many of the same positive attributes JK has and a motor that won't stop. He's a load to bring down, a fantastic run blocker, pretty good in pass pro and possesses under rated hands. 22 has a lot to live up to but I for one think he's going to be the next solid, if not great, Packer FB. Thanks for all the memories and for one last time...KUUUUUUUUUUHN!

Ripkowski showed a lot of promise on special teams last season but didn´t play a lot of snaps on offense. It´s possible he will develop into a decent fullback but the Packers still showing interest in Kuhn makes me believe the coaching staff isn´t convinced so far.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If Rip can't pass protect like Kuhn...I think the chance is ever present for Kuhn to be back.

I will forever remember his block on Peppers....

That block not only won us the NFC North Title but according to Peppers himself, cost him his job in Chicago. So I guess we have Kuhn to thank for bringing JP to GB too :tup:

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-locker-room-report/article-1/Julius-Peppers-says-John-Kuhn-‘cost-me-my-job’/e128fbda-504f-409a-96af-5ff59fdb9cea

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the door is shut on Kuhn either, but it's going to be a situation where he's available, and the Packers circumstances have changed considerably from what they are now. I do not expect him to be signed unless someone cant' do the job, or someone is injured and Kuhn is still available.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I also don't think there are a lot of teams lining up to sign Kuhn. Sure he is a decent fullback, but his ultimate value is his knowledge of the Packer system, being in tune with AR and of course....us fans love to shout his name! Been working on my "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip" but let's see what happens.

Last edited:

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ripkowski showed a lot of promise on special teams last season but didn´t play a lot of snaps on offense. It´s possible he will develop into a decent fullback but the Packers still showing interest in Kuhn makes me believe the coaching staff isn´t convinced so far.
He is one year in with limited snaps so naturally he isn't going to be to the level of JK yet. For the right price why would they not show interest in a proven guy, well versed in the system? I don't think that's an indictment of RIP rather a testament to how solid a pro John is/has been.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't think the door is shut on Kuhn either, but it's going to be a situation where he's available, and the Packers circumstances have changed considerably from what they are now. I do not expect him to be signed unless someone cant' do the job, or someone is injured and Kuhn is still available.

The Packers currently don't have a good blocking tight end being a lock to make the team which in my opinion increases Kuhn's value to the team.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the main reason why we go the to games is so we can yell "Kuuuuuuuhn!" haha

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rip can't pass protect like Kuhn...I think the chance is ever present for Kuhn to be back.

I will forever remember his block on Peppers....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

According to one post I read, it may have been on another site, It wasn't that great of a block. Kuhn essentially tripped and fell in front of Peppers on that play. It looks a little more than that to me.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
According to one post I read, it may have been on another site, It wasn't that great of a block. Kuhn essentially tripped and fell in front of Peppers on that play. It looks a little more than that to me.

LOL.....never believe a post written by a butt hurt Bear fan....Kuhn tripped?? LOL

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't know where you read it but I would never ever go back to that site. It's completely stupid to suggest Kuhn tripped on that play.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's been our most successful 3rd and 4th down short yardage option, even though he wasn't used much. And he showed up every week. Good man. He'll be missed.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
one of my alltime favorites, see profile pic. was hoping for one more season. he has a nose for football, is reliable, and great in must get short yard situations. not to mention, pure packer material, no bad headlines from this guy.

Reaction score
There's something about Kuhn's gametime reliability and his non game positive influence that he brought to the GB community that will always be cherished.
He's been a rock and these decisions are tough. Tough leaders have to make tough decisions and that's what this year has become regarding him.

D

Deleted member 6794

He's been our most successful 3rd and 4th down short yardage option, even though he wasn't used much. And he showed up every week. Good man. He'll be missed.

A lot of Packers fans tend to forget that Kuhn has a higher percentage of first downs in short yardage situations on third and fourth down than Lacy and Starks. I don't see any reason to not bring him back on a veteran minimum deal.

Members online

No members online now.