Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Sad that his daughter died, but the man was a POS in his treatment of women. The way I see it, the woman he ***** got some delayed justice. I make no apologies for this statement. My sister was violently ***** 7 years ago and I have no sympathy for KB.
His memory does not deserve honor. The only sadness is for his daughters and perhaps his wife, though she knew what kind of person he was.
Classless and insensitive. You can have your opinion of what you think happened with Kobe, but, right wrong or indifferent, he was acquitted on the **** charge.

Besides just that, for you to condemn a man that you have in all likelihood never met and know nothing about, is just so out of bounds. For your one idiotic comment, there are hundreds of others that actually DID know him, who have said incredibly wonderful things about his character, and how much he loved his family. The amount of money he's donated to worthy causes, etc.

A woman lost her husband and three other daughters lost a father. And for you to get behind a keyboard and type garbage like this is unfortunate.

I hate that I took the bait on this because it honestly wasn't worthy of a response.

Reaction score
Terrible news. Prayers being lifted to our Lord to protect his family. Being human gives us an invincible feeling, but the only souls which are truly invincible are those that accept the Lord. In the meantime, we are just so human and as said before, we need to treat each person like it’s our last day.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
In the eyes of the families not mentioned in this tragedy, no being all over the news like Kobe doesn’t mean for one minute that people all over have not reached out to them their were other parents and children list tv and news casters may not mention them but just viewing this thread means we’re not the only ones thinking of them..I am..

Reaction score
In the eyes of the families not mentioned in this tragedy, no being all over the news like Kobe doesn’t mean for one minute that people all over have not reached out to them their were other parents and children list tv and news casters may not mention them but just viewing this thread means we’re not the only ones thinking of them..I am..
Even the pilot was well respected.
I also felt really bad for the guy who lost his Wife (the assistant B Coach) on the plane. He has 3 young children and when asked he said “I’m really scared” concerning his future and I ain’t gonna lie, I shed a tear there.
Let’s all take a minute to send up a prayer for these families.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just watching the Will Cain Show and that had a picture of Kobe sitting with his arm around his daughter during a Laker game. Just heartbreaking.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Classless and insensitive. You can have your opinion of what you think happened with Kobe, but, right wrong or indifferent, he was acquitted on the **** charge.

Besides just that, for you to condemn a man that you have in all likelihood never met and know nothing about, is just so out of bounds. For your one idiotic comment, there are hundreds of others that actually DID know him, who have said incredibly wonderful things about his character, and how much he loved his family. The amount of money he's donated to worthy causes, etc.

A woman lost her husband and three other daughters lost a father. And for you to get behind a keyboard and type garbage like this is unfortunate.

I hate that I took the bait on this because it honestly wasn't worthy of a response.

He wasn't acquitted of anything. Here you go. Educate yourself. Here's a good starting place: https://www.thedailybeast.com/kobe-...ce-the-accusers-story-and-the-half-confession

There was blood and ***** both ways. There was the **** kit. There was the smear campaign by his lawyers and the media against the victim. People are convicted on FAR less evidence than there was here. But Kobe had money and a lot of lawyers plus the media. But you go right ahead and pretend nothing happened. Hide your head in the sand an worship at his alter. But count me out.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
He wasn't acquitted of anything. Here you go. Educate yourself. Here's a good starting place: https://www.thedailybeast.com/kobe-...ce-the-accusers-story-and-the-half-confession

There was blood and ***** both ways. There was the **** kit. There was the smear campaign by his lawyers and the media against the victim. People are convicted on FAR less evidence than there was here. But Kobe had money and a lot of lawyers plus the media. But you go right ahead and pretend nothing happened. Hide your head in the sand an worship at his alter. But count me out.
My mistake, the case was dismissed/settled. Let's not pretend though as if her credibility wasn't compromised though with some misleading comments she made to authorities and such.

Bottom line: he wasn't convicted. Guilty people do indeed go free at times, however innocent people go away as well for people like you who are absolutely convinced that someone is guilty.

You can have your view on it. That's fine. But your remarks about a human being losing their life as tragic as it happened says a hell of a lot more about you than it does about that person.

Last edited:
Reaction score

He who had not sinned.. go ahead and cast the 1st stone at your brother.
But be very carefully, because we will be judged with same level of compassion (or lack thereof). The measure we give will be the measure we get. The Holy Spirit educated me one day on the word “as
It was meant “equivalent to” or “to the degree”.
Forgive us “as” we forgive others suddenly took on an entirely new meaning for me when I was convicted of that.

Last edited:

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
My last thoughts on this is if you ever lost a child there is a empty feeling that you somehow failed to protect them, always appreciate your family! no matter the situation, and cherish close friends..

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My mistake, the case was dismissed/settled. Let's not pretend though as if her credibility wasn't compromised though with some misleading comments she made to authorities and such.

And this is EXACTLY the kind of victim blaming that 19 year old girl had to endure 17 years ago. You should be ashamed.

Bottom line: he wasn't convicted. Guilty people do indeed go free at times, however innocent people go away as well for people like you who are absolutely convinced that someone is guilty.

Most rapists are convicted on far less evidence than what was available here. Hell, Tyson was convicted on way less physical evidence! But Bryant's legal team and the media in general pushed his victim to the point of breakdown until she couldn't take it anymore and eventually decided it wasn't worth the torment she was subjected to. It was the kind of strong arm tactic that would have made John Gotti proud.

You can have your view on it. That's fine. But your remarks about a human being losing their life as tragic as it happened says a hell of a lot more about you than it does about that person.

Do NOT endeavor to preach to me on the issue of virtue, my friend. Your "who gives a **** what he did 17 years ago" attitude in spite of the evidence that was collected places you in no position to do so.

Like I already said, my sister was VIOLENTLY ***** 7 years ago and spent 9 days in the hospital, including 36 hours in the ICU. Given the DNA, **** kit, facial bruising and other physical evidence against him, I am more than inclined to believe his victim. As such, I have not had the first shred of respect for him and his death does not change that.

If some people are more inclined to look the other way and excuse his past deeds, whatever. Mourn his death. My main issue is with those who have put him on a pedestal as a great man who was some kind of twisted hero. THAT is what disgusts me in all this. I'll say it again without apology, it may have been tragic that the guy had to die young, but the FAR greater tragedy is the 8 other people who had to die with him. His life was NOT worth more than any one of theirs.

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He who had not sinned.. go ahead and cast the 1st stone at your brother.
But be very carefully, because we will be judged with same level of compassion (or lack thereof). The measure we give will be the measure we get. The Holy Spirit educated me one day on the word “as
It was meant “equivalent to” or “to the degree”.
Forgive us “as” we forgive others suddenly took on an entirely new meaning for me when I was convicted of that.

I'm not casting any stones. I merely stated that I was apathetic toward the man and that the hero-worship that has accompanied his death is disturbing.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not casting any stones. I merely stated that I was apathetic toward the man and that the hero-worship that has accompanied his death is disturbing.
I held off commenting..

You are entitled to how you feel..

But you act like everyone is wrong and you are right.

Why is it majority of people never even bring this up? It appears majority think he was a great guy.

we will never really know the truth..I get your position aND how it makes you feel. I'm so sorry your sister had to go thru that...

But we really don't know what happened with Kobe..

Not saying Kobe was a saint..but I think it's somewhere in between..

People can change.

did you know there was a young packer that was asked to be part of make a wish but denied them?

He also would take women into limos around st norbert college or in bathrooms?

Yes...Brett didn't want anything to do with maw...and was a huge nasty man..but over time he changed and became such a great ambassador for make a wish.

Not saying or comparing brett to a so called ****** in your eyes, but point is people can change

Look into what he did for sick kids..how he wanted no pr and offered to pay for hospital bills. Maybe guilt? Or maybe genuine care and compassion?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I held off commenting..

You are entitled to how you feel..

Well, thank you. I feel much better now.

But you act like everyone is wrong and you are right.

Why is it majority of people never even bring this up? It appears majority think he was a great guy.

Because people have short memories and it happened 17 years ago. They also get into hero worship based on ridiculous criteria like athletic prowess.

we will never really know the truth..I get your position aND how it makes you feel. I'm so sorry your sister had to go thru that...

But we really don't know what happened with Kobe..

The physical evidence was far more compelling in his case that what was used to convict Tyson. With Bryant, there was DNA evidence both ways. There was the **** kit exam, the results of which multiple experts agreed was in no way consistent with consensual sex.

It is rare that a criminal is convicted on 100% certainty. That's why we have the beyond reasonable doubt standard.

Not saying Kobe was a saint..but I think it's somewhere in between..

People can change.

Not an excuse. That doesn't mean you forget the evil in a man's life and pretend it didn't happen just to raise him on a pedestal for all to worship.

did you know there was a young packer that was asked to be part of make a wish but denied them?

He also would take women into limos around st norbert college or in bathrooms?

Yes...Brett didn't want anything to do with maw...and was a huge nasty man..but over time he changed and became such a great ambassador for make a wish.

Not saying or comparing brett to a so called ****** in your eyes, but point is people can change

Look into what he did for sick kids..how he wanted no pr and offered to pay for hospital bills. Maybe guilt? Or maybe genuine care and compassion?

Are you seriously comparing not wanting to participate in MAW to violent ****? That's twilight zone stuff, man.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
probably comparing what he used to do to women on a nightly in GB more so than just not wanting to participating in MAW, but that was used as an example to show how people change over almost 2 decades of life. I"m not even going to get into the rest, but violent **** is far different than what some are accused of too.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, thank you. I feel much better now.

Because people have short memories and it happened 17 years ago. They also get into hero worship based on ridiculous criteria like athletic prowess.

The physical evidence was far more compelling in his case that what was used to convict Tyson. With Bryant, there was DNA evidence both ways. There was the **** kit exam, the results of which multiple experts agreed was in no way consistent with consensual sex.

It is rare that a criminal is convicted on 100% certainty. That's why we have the beyond reasonable doubt standard.

Not an excuse. That doesn't mean you forget the evil in a man's life and pretend it didn't happen just to raise him on a pedestal for all to worship.

Are you seriously comparing not wanting to participate in MAW to violent ****? That's twilight zone stuff, man.
Read again. Never said same..

There was opportunity for him to be charged and wasn't..Your anger is misplaced

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
probably comparing what he used to do to women on a nightly in GB more so than just not wanting to participating in MAW.

And when was he ever accused of and arrested for ****? Promiscuity isn't ****.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read again. Never said same..

There was opportunity for him to be charged and wasn't..Your anger is misplaced

Bryant? Yes, he was charged. But his accuser was so brow-beaten by both his attorneys and the sports media in general that she couldn't take it anymore and was afraid because of the constant death threats she was getting. Maybe you don't remember the coverage, but it was shameful and unfortunately it worked.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bryant? Yes, he was charged. But his accuser was so brow-beaten by both his attorneys and the sports media in general that she couldn't take it anymore and was afraid because of the constant death threats she was getting. Maybe you don't remember the coverage, but it was shameful and unfortunately it worked.
She also had other dna they found..

Look..he didn't do this to your sister...so your anger [in my opinion] is misplaced

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
She also had other dna they found..

Look..he didn't do this to your sister...so your anger [in my opinion] is misplaced

It's not anger, smart guy. It's SYMPATHY for his victim. Get that through your head.

As for other DNA, that's pretty much irrelevant because it doesn't erase his or that fact that her BLOOD was on his clothes.

Like I said, there was far more evidence than what there was to convict Tyson. Why should that be ignored and forgotten just because the guy could shoot a basketball?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It's not anger, smart guy. It's SYMPATHY for his victim. Get that through your head.

As for other DNA, that's pretty much irrelevant because it doesn't erase his or that fact that her BLOOD was on his clothes.

Like I said, there was far more evidence than what there was to convict Tyson. Why should that be ignored and forgotten just because the guy could shoot a basketball?
Why are you sarcastic? And rude in your comments to me?

I thought I was being respectful towards you...

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Sorry, I`m trying to be respectful here Crow so hear me out please....Nobody in their right mind is saying you are not entitled to feel the way you do given what happened to your sister, or the young lady in question in the Kobe case. People are talking about his contribution to basketball. I`m British and actually hate basketball, but even I know his reputation as a player. The loss of a life is sad, and the fact that his young daughter died is even sadder. I don`t think ANYBODY here is praising his life choices as a younger man. Just my view.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why are you sarcastic? And rude in your comments to me?

I thought I was being respectful towards you...

I interpreted your contention that I am somehow angry to insinuate that I am being petty or otherwise. If that wasn't your intent, I'll take it back. I'm still not sure where you got anger from.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, I`m trying to be respectful here Crow so hear me out please....Nobody in their right mind is saying you are not entitled to feel the way you do given what happened to your sister, or the young lady in question in the Kobe case. People are talking about his contribution to basketball. I`m British and actually hate basketball, but even I know his reputation as a player. The loss of a life is sad, and the fact that his young daughter died is even sadder. I don`t think ANYBODY here is praising his life choices as a younger man. Just my view.

I'm not really talking about anyone on this forum. I'm talking about the over-the-top fawning and hero-worship that the media has engaged in with little mention of the whole picture of who Brant was.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'm not really talking about anyone on this forum. I'm talking about the over-the-top fawning and hero-worship that the media has engaged in with little mention of the whole picture of who Brant was.

It DID unfortunately come across that way. The written word CAN be misinterpreted. No foul however so hope you have a good day.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually

jeremy schaap on Espn, on the day it happened? literally brought up the whole trial thing