games in Iowa - Newbie (be gentle, LOL)

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! Have been a member a couple of years, and just decided to start posting here at the end of the 2023 season.

Lived in Wisconsin over 50 years until I moved to Iowa for a job a few years ago. Have been watching the Packers since I was old enough to say "Go Pack." The first game I remember watching on TV was the playoff game against the Redskins in 1972. So, I've seen all the coaching regimes since Devine. So many memorable moments during that time.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the interaction on this board. Love give-and-take, camaraderie and respectful disagreement. Go Pack Go!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Hello ... Merry Christmas and welcome. Oshkosh here ...

"Love give-and-take, camaraderie and respectful disagreement."

I know what you're sayin' ... to be respectfully advised to do something anatomically impossible is the ONLY reason I continue to hang around here. I had to make my wife find a different board. So, we're all good.:sneaky:

OP
OP
games

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello ... Merry Christmas and welcome. Oshkosh here ...

"Love give-and-take, camaraderie and respectful disagreement."

I know what you're sayin' ... to be respectfully advised to do something anatomically impossible is the ONLY reason I continue to hang around here. I had to make my wife find a different board. So, we're all good.:sneaky:
LOL. You wield much power in your household! BTW, I'm a proud Alum of UW-Oshkosh! Go Titans!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Where in Iowa? My mom was from the Turkey River valley, about halfway from Waterloo to Prarie du Chien. I'd love to retire to the area. Very scenic, quiet, relaxed and close to the Mississippi. Still have family there.

OP
OP
games

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where in Iowa? My mom was from the Turkey River valley, about halfway from Waterloo to Prarie du Chien. I'd love to retire to the area. Very scenic, quiet, relaxed and close to the Mississippi. Still have family there.

I'm in Ankeny, the suburb directly north of Des Moines. But, I know the type of area you're talking about on the Wisconsin side. My daughter taught in a small town almost an hour south of LaCrosse in what they call the "driftless" area. The most beautiful area in Wisconsin, in my opinion. You would swear you were in Kentucky or Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri.

Love your forum! Thanks for hosting it!

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! Have been a member a couple of years, and just decided to start posting here at the end of the 2023 season.

Lived in Wisconsin over 50 years until I moved to Iowa for a job a few years ago. Have been watching the Packers since I was old enough to say "Go Pack." The first game I remember watching on TV was the playoff game against the Redskins in 1972. So, I've seen all the coaching regimes since Devine. So many memorable moments during that time.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the interaction on this board. Love give-and-take, camaraderie and respectful disagreement. Go Pack Go!
Welcome aboard, fellow Iowan! Go Pack Go!